WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Archives
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2017, 02:29 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States
The Goal Post - July 2017

Slow and hot and lazy, this is a time when setting goals can really help motivate you to do art instead of just melting in the shade. Or, for those in the southern hemisphere, just curling up around the heater wishing winter was over, naturally.

Welcome to the Goal Post. Goal setting is a very good tool to help people get organized. If you write or post your thoughts, you are more committed and have a better chance of reaching those goals.

Your goals can be short term or long term. They can be daily, weekly, monthly or annual goals. Goals are personal, so everybody's goals will be different. They are your goals, so you can do what ever you want.

Come join the regular gang and get encouragement to help you reach your goals. We have a very friendly group and we are always looking for new people to join us.

Feel free to share links or images of goals achieved or in progress, those are always fun and people like cheering them on.

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2017, 06:19 PM
Lord of the Arts
New England

Hails from United States
Re: The Goal Post - July 2017

Hi Rob...Thanks for starting us off for the month. I intend to do
2 Spotlight paintings....and at least one more from a photo.

I used a piece of watercolor paper today, an it is very hard on the pastels....but I seem to be out of pastel paper at the moment! It's hard to get back into the routine, once I've been away a bit....it really is like starting all over again as a struggling beginner. But I intend to keep at it this month.

I really miss Jim. I hope he is alright...his computer problems should have been fixed by now. Wish there was some way to get in touch with him.

Happy 4th of July to All...

C&C always welcomed and appreciated
JudiB
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2017, 11:44 PM
Enthusiast
Windham, Maine

Hails from United States

July: increase the average # of paintings per week to 3, minimum. Ok if they are small. No more than 2 on any given weekend.

apagefineart.com
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-05-2017, 04:50 AM
Modena

Hails from Italy

I have 2 WIP painting, a portrait and one from July Spotlight, I want to complete them and complete at least another spotlight painting.
I would like to work on my technique, as I am a total beginner and I'm approaching the pastels quite random... maybe completing some other lessons from the Learning forum.

Gli occhi dischiuse il vecchio al giorno, non si guardò neppure intorno, ma versò il vino e spezzò il pane per chi diceva "ho sete, ho fame".
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-05-2017, 05:51 PM

Sticking with June goals, but have realized that plein air once a week just isn't going to happen, and I'm giving in to inspiration instead of painting themes.

So I'm keeping up with the windows/doors/gates challenge and painting as often as possible!

shallbe
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-05-2017, 10:27 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Purr great goals, everyone!

I need to stage back a bit considering how hot it's been and how much I'm tied up in going out or watching my grandson. His being out of school tends to soak time and when it gets that hot I sleep like a cat.

So...

Continue doing SCA scrolls
Try for a Spotlight if I can manage it
Art as much as possible.

I'll keep it vague, maybe that'll keep me from choking on it. Almost done with a scroll that I started at Gulf Wars back in April.

Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2017, 11:00 AM
Geneseo, IL

My goals this month.
- prep/plan for a plein air paint out
- sketch and paint at the plein air paint out sponsored by a local gallery
- plan how to paint soft pastels using a wooden 2 by 4 for the local art league challenge
- practice sketching and painting 3 subjects a week
- attend a pastel painting class
- register for next month's pastel painting class
- stay cool in this heat
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2017, 03:46 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Oh that sounds great, John. Hope you get to doing plein air. That local paint out sounds like a lot of fun! Luck on staying cool. I remember those hot IL summers.

Mid-month update. Artish. I got my QoR watercolors and painted out swatches to see how they function. Next Artish, actually fill the pocket metal palette I bought for them so they're more portable. And maybe do a painting. Or finish the scroll. Want to finish the scroll that's nearly done this month.

#9   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2017, 05:03 PM
Enthusiast
Windham, Maine

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by artelahe
July: increase the average # of paintings per week to 3, minimum. Ok if they are small. No more than 2 on any given weekend.

Halfway through the month and a total of 1 sketch on Glassine, 1 painting done in a live session paint along (if only I painted that well), and 1 figure painting. On a good note, I'm painting something even if volume is lower than forecast. That paint what you fear motto I wrote inspire myself takes some intestinal fortitude and struggle.

apagefineart.com