WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Scratchboard Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Colorado

Hails from United States
Re: Who Are You?

Wow Michelle - I checked out your web page. Your dolls are simply amazing!

Check out the new International Society of Scratchboard Artists!
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-24-2011, 09:01 PM
Lord of the Arts
australia

Hails from Australia

Oh wow Michelle. That doll is amazing. You must have a lot of demand for your work. It must take you ages to complete one
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Florida on the beautiful Gulf Coast

Hails from United States

Hello Everyone

I'm Sheryl Unwin, I'm new to WC stumbled on this site just a couple of weeks ago. I was born in 1966, originally from Billerica, Massachusetts. In 1997 I moved to Great Britian and lived there with my wonderful husband until 2005 when we moved to the Sunshine State. I now reside in North Port, Florida and loving it ;-) but I will always be a New England girl at heart.

I have been a Color Pencil and Graphite pencil artist since 1984. I have a real passion for wildlife art which is what I mainly concentrate on these days but I also love portrait drawings of my human subjects as well ;-)

I have just recently done my first scratchboard just over a week ago here it is I have to say I was a wee bit nervous picking up that xacto knife LOL
and now I am hooked on this medium, but I will alway go back to my roots as a pencil artist here are just a couple of my pencil work that I am most proud of
I have really enjoyed WC and I'm so glad that I have found all of you, you all have truely inspired me to do my best not just in my scratchboard work but just as an artist.
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-25-2011, 12:06 AM
A WC! Legend
Adelaide, South Australia

Hails from Australia

Welcome Sheryl. You already know we love your scratchboard but you cp work is also brilliant. The hair on Sir Paul is just outstanding.
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Enthusiast
Netherlands

Hails from Netherlands

Hello everyone

My name is Margareth and I got really enthousiatic when I watched all the beautifull work you have expose on this forum. I was amazed to see what one can do with a scratchboard and I never knew it had so many possible applications. Looking at the variation of animals I got exited because I was still looking at a different way to make fur look like real fur. So thanks to your work I realised that this is the way I would like to make furry animals.

Last year a made only one scratchfoil and I got exited about it. Untill that moment I thought that sctraching was for kids, (forgive my ignorance please) since I had only seen the childlike scratchfoils in my country. Making the scratchfoil I recognised the various options but when I started looking for shops I could not find what I was looking for, so I gave up my surch. It wasn't untill I found this forum that I started looking again, but unfortunately I cannot buy scratchboard in the country that I live in. So now I have placed an order oversees and I will have to wait for about three weeks to receive my first scratchboard. I can't wait but I have to be patient. Untill then I wil enjoy to see your work and your WIP's and learn a lot. You will see me arround.

I attached my first scratchfoil wich I colored with colorpens as far as the foil let my color it
Attached Images

#66   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-10-2011, 06:29 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Welcome Margareth. What an amazing job you did on colourfoil. If you get hold of some Ampersand, you are going to love it.
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Marlborough, New Zealand

Hails from New Zealand

Hi everyone

Just looked at everybody's blurb/photos here and it's really lovely to put faces to names. I'm Karen (obviously), and hail from New Zealand, not sure if there's actually any other scratchboarders as yet in NZ? If anybody knows, I'd love to know!

Am very new to scratchboard, so my lion here is my second piece, but I've been doing pastel/graphite for about two years now. Just love this artist lark and beginning to get a few commissions now my website's getting found and thru word of mouth Have attached a pastel portrait of my boy Koshka (he's a Russian Blue), we have 4 cats here haha.

Am really excited about this scratchboard lark, and so cool to be here in the forum and be inspired by all this lovely work!!

Cheers for now
Karen
Attached Images

#68   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-31-2011, 02:29 AM
Lord of the Arts
australia

Hails from Australia

Bout time you showed that face around here. I am sure we would all like to see it more often. Love you cat painting. I have a blue burmese. Similar cats eh?
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-31-2011, 05:52 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Getting your ear nibbled there. That's the guy's job, not the squirrel's
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-01-2011, 05:15 AM
Marlborough, New Zealand

Hails from New Zealand

Yeah Russians & Burmese quite similar I think Lesley :-)
Haha Patrick, she's telling me secret squirrel secrets of where her stash is ;-)
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-15-2011, 11:40 PM

Hails from Australia

Hi everyone!

Very new to Wet Canvas and just about as new to Scratchboard.

My name's Matt and I am based in Brisbane, Australia. I've always loved drawing wildlife and usually work with graphite pencils. I only recently stumbled upon Cathy Sheeter's website and thats where I discovered scratchboard. So I really am an absolute newbie having only been doing it for about a week! Got first samples of scratchbord mailed to me from US just last week.

I've attached a picture of my first attempt (work in progress) but more than happy for anyone to give any feedback etc. I'm looking forward to posting in here somewhat regularly and learning and meeting other scratchboard fans!
Attached Images

#72   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-15-2011, 11:43 PM

Hails from Australia

The lion portrait is amazing! Fantastic.
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-16-2011, 05:55 AM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue ink design
Hi everyone!

Very new to Wet Canvas and just about as new to Scratchboard.

My name's Matt and I am based in Brisbane, Australia. I've always loved drawing wildlife and usually work with graphite pencils. I only recently stumbled upon Cathy Sheeter's website and thats where I discovered scratchboard. So I really am an absolute newbie having only been doing it for about a week! Got first samples of scratchbord mailed to me from US just last week.

I've attached a picture of my first attempt (work in progress) but more than happy for anyone to give any feedback etc. I'm looking forward to posting in here somewhat regularly and learning and meeting other scratchboard fans!

Welcome from another Brisbanite!!! Your first attempt at scratchboard art is looking great!!!
  #74   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-16-2011, 08:26 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Hi Matt, looking great already! Let's see more in your own threads
  #75   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Colorado

Hails from United States

Hi Matt- Nice to see that you found wetcanvas- the best place to be for scratchboard!

I got your e-mail, but have been in South Africa until last Friday and no time to reply.

I hope you will post your work in its own thread (we promise we don't bite... well except for Patrick).

Check out the new International Society of Scratchboard Artists!