WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Scratchboard Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2010, 03:41 PM
A Local Legend
Mid Missouri

Hails from United States
Re: Show me your whiteboard work!

Gordon, thank you for the compliment. I also really like your Macaque, the colors are so nice. Welcome and hope to see more soon.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Immortalized
Lakeland, Florida

Hails from United States

Very glad you started this..........some very good white boards out there. Rick
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2010, 05:05 PM
A WC! Legend
Adelaide, South Australia

Hails from Australia

Great work Gordon. A big welcome Well done on the David Shepherd competition. That's a seriously tough field.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from Australia

Absolutely incredible work posted here.

I have never done anything on a whiteboard but is something I hope to try one day in the not too distant future.
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-28-2010, 03:42 AM

TJ - A hairy stick is a paint brush, must be a British thing.
Lorna - Many thanks for the compliment, nice to be here and very impressed with your work to, there is an awful lot of that here.
Patrick - Thank you, I was dissapointed not to enter this years event, but I will again in the future.
Diana - Absolutely stunning, at first the tiger blew me away, but then the Limas just reminded me I have a very long way to go.
Regards
Gordon

Last edited by Corrins : 01-28-2010 at 03:47 AM.
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Enthusiast
St Kitts (Caribbean)

Hails from St Kitts and Nevis

I am loving claybord - I hope everyone at least gives it a try! Just about everything I know about whiteboards I learned from pouring over Diana's WIPs and this thread.

Oh dear, the uploader isn't working for me. Bummer. Well, here are links then:

'Rosie' 9x12, ampersand inks: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565253

'Nessie' 6x6, ampersand inks: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=569120

'You want to use *this* pillow?' 6x6, ampersand inks: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586537

Now I just have to start working BIGGER!

~~ Boots ~~
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-28-2010, 07:17 PM
A WC! Legend
Adelaide, South Australia

Hails from Australia

I'll add those images in Pam. You can do that too by finding your picture in the thread you posted, right click on it, go to 'properties' and then copy the address (url) which you will see there. Paste it in your post and add img tags to it. Those tags are [img] in front of the address and [/img] after the address.

#23   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Enthusiast
St Kitts (Caribbean)

Hails from St Kitts and Nevis

Thank you Patrick! Funny, I know how to do that on another forum but never thought to try it here! (I've never had the uploader not work for me before ).

Speaking of whiteboards, I need to go work on my kitten!!

~~ Boots ~~
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Veteran Member
Ennis, Mt. USA

Hails from United States

Thank you so much for this thread. I have only tried one white board and was not happy with it at all. Haven't tried any since , haven't chalked them off yet, just been too busy with black boards. It is good to see that others have much better luck with them , and learn of thier methods.
Bonnie
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2011, 07:51 AM
Dawson, GA

Hails from United States

Beautiful work!!!! I have tried my hand at several different types of drawing, painting, etc. - I use a lot of 'mixed media/medium (whatever the 'correct' word is) . . . LOL! I am totally 'blown away' at the quality of all the artwork I have seen. I 'think' I am a 'pretty good artist'; but, WOW - I have so MUCH to learn. First thing I ever drew was a 'toy wind up penquin' I was only 4-years-old - in great detail; my parents 'finally' found someone who would allow me to take art lessons by the time I was 7. Took it in HS (at school and private lessons from a well-know portraiture in the area), went to 'art school' and lost my desire for a LONG time. Way too much like a 'job' and not something I could do 'for the pleasure of it'. Husband got me 'back into it' by 'nagging a lot'. Now I feel like I have so little 'time' and wasted so much by the 'have to's in life'; but, I now want to learn all I can. I've been on WetCanvas for several years, just have not come to the 'forums' - tried it once; and someone was extremely rude as if I had walked into a 'private party'. So far, this time, everybody has been very helpful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickHedges
Ok, here are four of mine - all fairly simple ones and not time consuming and all small at 5" x 7" Ampersand. However, all of them suffered from the same as yours in that I really struggled with them to start with (except for the cassowary which is too simple to struggle with)

This Bornean Orangutan face is done with cp, marker, pen and ink, watercolours and scratch.

Here's a diptych of two boards which shows the famous Bornean Orangutan 'Kusasi' as a frightened orphan brought to an Indonesian sanctuary in a box, and how he grew up to be king of the jungle. Watercolour, cp, pen and ink and of course scratch.

And finally a cassowary as a test to see if ballpoint pen and scratch can make a good combination. Background in cp and scratch

#26   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2011, 07:57 AM
Dawson, GA

Hails from United States
Question Re: Show me your whiteboard work!

Can someone teach an 'old dog' the tricks of actually posting and/or replying to a Thread to me . . . or point me in the right direction? I seem to lose them. I'm not a 'computer guru' and definitely am very new to WetCanvas forums. I am totally blown away by the artwork I have see thus far. The little pictures at the bottom of others' postings - how to I get the to show up large enough to see the details? Thanks!!!!!
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2011, 08:12 AM
Immortalized

Hails from Uruguay

See" whiteboard Scans" .............30 min? Really...that long?
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2011, 09:07 AM
Norfolk, England

Hails from United Kingdom

This is my first and only whiteboard so far hopefully i can improve on the next one
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2011, 10:34 AM
Lord of the Arts
Idaho, USA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNora
Can someone teach an 'old dog' the tricks of actually posting and/or replying to a Thread to me . . . or point me in the right direction? I seem to lose them. I'm not a 'computer guru' and definitely am very new to WetCanvas forums. I am totally blown away by the artwork I have see thus far. The little pictures at the bottom of others' postings - how to I get the to show up large enough to see the details? Thanks!!!!!
Hi Nora - nice to meet you - but sorry you don't seem to have had any replies to your postings. You won't be ignored in this forum as everyone is really friendly and helpful. All you need to do is upload some of your work - we'd love to see what you do. Come on don't be shy and welcome to the 'dark side'

All you have to do when uploading is first reduce the size of your work to around 600 pixels then in at the top of your reply window you see a landscape icon with a blue square around it. The next window tells you what to do. If you need anymore help check out the 'sticky threads' where Patrick has written an article on resizing and you will find lots more information there too.

C&C Always welcome
jennyetches.weebly.com

Last edited by jeniart : 11-30-2011 at 10:51 AM.
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Enthusiast
Pennsylvania

Hails from United States

Hi Nora! You will feel at home here because everyone is extremely helpful and never rude. There are helpful links to help you post your work and answer many of your questions. But even helpful links can be puzzling if you are a computer invalid like myself. If you still can't figure it out PM me and I'll try and help.