WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The WetCanvas! Galleria > Open Critique Forum
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-10-2004, 07:06 PM
A Local Legend
Rugby, UK

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: american crusaders firesale of the twisted cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ara
If I walk away from your art piece, no one loses out. I understand your political point, yet I will not support art that disrespects a flag, a religion, a group of people. If you're intent on picking a fight, there are others who will participate.

Hi Ara,

We do have a problem if we are going to use paintings to make certain points. If we are very direct people may be offended, if we are subtle they do not understand our point. We are, however, using a visual language (hello Keith), so might we not expect a different kind of communication. In what way should this work.

I obviously have no direct knowledge of what's happening in the US, although I know what I see here in the UK. I see people who don't think, live half way in cloud cuckoo land and couldn't care less what happens in Iraq just so long as their bread is buttered. It's very easy to place the blame for that on the media and advertising people. Maybe one job of art is to provoke an awakening of people's minds. If they do walk away, then at least we can hope they have made up their own minds on matters of importance.

Mikey
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-10-2004, 07:11 PM
A Local Legend
Rugby, UK

Hails from United Kingdom

Yes Steph, I think the terrosists are making great gains, more from the spin off from their attacks that the direct destruction.

Mikey
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-10-2004, 11:18 PM
A WC! Legend
Montana

Hails from United States

artbabe21 as moderator
if you wish to critique this piece please do so but if you wish to discuss politics please take it to the debate forum.

~Be COURAGEOUS, It's one of the few places left still uncrowded~

~Life is not measured by it's length BUT by it's depth~
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-11-2004, 12:07 AM
Veteran Member
la, ca

Hails from United States

thanks artbabe my hands are tired...

to everyone else...i hope we learned something from each other..and that somewhere in the middleground...people come to their senses about the futility of killing each other..and change their ways...

that change can only come one at a time...
no a probablity i know...but a possibility..peaceout
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-11-2004, 01:11 PM
A Local Legend
New York, USA

Hails from United States

Since this topic has been exhausted and no longer pertains to a work of art being discussed much less critiqued, the forum moderators are closing this thread.

If anyone cares to discuss this topic any further, may we suggest a visit to the Debate forum where the topic is often and vigorously debated.

Thank you.