Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events Wde Dec 6 : wistful dancer

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    artastic

I loved this ref. and thought it a perfect subject for a dark field monotype
        my reference is here

I used a brayer to roll out a layer of intaglia ink on a sheet of glass, used a trace monotype method to rough out the outline , (traced the outlines from a copy I made) then removed the excess ink from the light areas with qtips and sponges, leaving the ink where th shadows were
        I used drawing paper for ink, dampened and blotted to lay over the image and burnished it with a cloth and my hands, then pulled the print, I should have removed more ink, but oh well
        this is the pulled print in monotones, after 2 hrs, then I added a hint of color with CPs and a bit of WC

colored

C&C always welcome -Bonnie-
        http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Jan-2017/104250-banner.jpg

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting now.

SAndypp

Wow this is superb. You have done a brilliant job on this. Your hint of colour is excellent. The skin looks elegant, soft and luminous. A very hard reference and you did it justice.
            Big congrats from my part :thumbsup: :grouphug:
            sandy

Perfect method for that image! Very well done, and thanks for the description of your steps!

Wendy C&C always welcome
            Everybody likes feedback! Please remember to comment on others' threads, even if it's just a "nice work" post.

ams

You captured the mood beautifully here. The monotype worked well with the subject.

Anne

Anne
                C & C always welcome.
                https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/wip-still-life-with-purple-underpainting/

Valri Ary

I’m so glad u tackled this one! And it turned out gorgeous.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]C&C welcomed ALWAYS!!! Valri
                    www.valriary.com

So very impressive! You are a genius.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

tyree

a beautiful work !!!

tyree :clap:

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

dupliKate

How very cool. This turned out so well. Kind of moody and mysterious

"wait for me if i am not heart, because at least i beat"
                            ee cummings, from ViVa 1936
                            http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/03-Aug-2009/3648-Banner2.jpg

ronsu18

excellent pairing of technique and subject! moody with yummy textures to discover everywhere. the greys look amazing, different, it’s the support coming alive as well as the image. thank you for revealing the details!

C&C welcome

Very nice work Bonnie, different, clever!
                                Thanks for sharing your steps too.

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

eyepaint

So cool! I’d love to watch you make this, or a video of how you do this :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                                    All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

ConnieT

These are really lovely, Bonnie — a stunning approach to that intriguing ref!

It’s great to learn how you “did it.”

ConnieT[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

In a world where you can be anything... be kind. :heart:

Clea

Superb, Superb.Superb!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.