Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Merriweather

This was a combination of two photos from Watermedia challenge for this month.
        It is a mix of acryls, bit s of papers, water colour, water colour pencil and ink and liquid wc and liquid acrylic .

I was determined to try sticking paper bits and gave it a go.

Painting is a complete distraction. I know of nothing which, without exhausting the body, more entirely absorbs the mind. Winston Churchill

CarlyHardy

I’m not sure which I like better….the eyes on the cat or the look on the fish’s face. I’d say you did great with texture.

this is your best work ever I think! As a cat lover I can relate to this black fellow’s look of surprise at seeing such a large fish. Superb piece!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Merriweather

Carlyhardy – Thank you… this was experimental but I now that newspaper can be used to create bits in a painting..

KreativeK – I know you like to experiment with mix media, and now I also know you like cats…. Thank you for your kind words… I don’t have animals and I find that I tend to do similar subjects, but these challenges are just that… challenges! n I figure if I dont give what I am not used to a go, I shall never expand… It was good fun though.

Painting is a complete distraction. I know of nothing which, without exhausting the body, more entirely absorbs the mind. Winston Churchill

Cyndi L

I’d have to say that your experiment with sticking paper bits is a roaring success! Your collage elements are beautifully integrated into the piece :)

Merriweather

I’d have to say that your experiment with sticking paper bits is a roaring success! Your collage elements are beautifully integrated into the piece :)

CyndiL – thank you…

Teddy

My cat is black, name is Mr. Kitty, change the fish to a mouse as it is him. Elegantly painted. I mean, you must paint wonderful flowers.

✧  ☆  ✶  ✧        
                            ✶ 
                            ✮ 
                            ✧  
                            ✶ 
                                   ✮  ✧ ✮ ✶
                                       teds

Merriweather

My cat is black, name is Mr. Kitty, change the fish to a mouse as it is him. Elegantly painted. I mean, you must paint wonderful flowers.

Thank you GarageDoor – I had a black kitty for almost 21 years… Just as we were organising her 21st she popped her clogs… never mind.. she had a long life. Her name was ‘ Woods’ .

ladypainter

Love this. Wonderful colours and that fish looks like he’s trying stay still and blend in with those lovely rocks beneath him.:)

Elinor:wave:
                                    "keep your own time tickin"

Merriweather

Thank you ladypainter..

CaliAnn

Dang Merriweather – you hit this out of the ball park. I LOVE everything about this painting – very cool. I would hang this on my wall in a heartbeat!

Merriweather, CaliAnn expressed my sentiments exactly!

Joy
                                            C & C encouraged!

Merriweather

Thank you Caliann and JoyK… very kind.

Johndk

This is so fascinating. Glad you posted it on mm forum.

Clever composition, and full of the energy of the scene.

As long as there is light, I will paint it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.