Home Forums Explore Media Photography Digital Manipulation Discussions The Artist’s Daydream.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I love modern technology and simply messing about with photos ….

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/12-May-2016/1984437-wetC-banner.jpg

“Why shouldn’t art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world.” Renoir.

Quint

Nice job. I like the foot placement.

Quint Nikon Coolpix 990, Nikon Coolpix P60, Nikon D7000, Nikkor, 35/f1.8, Nikkor 18-140, Nikon SB700 Speedlight.

I am always amazed at your work but am blown away by your imagination that allows you to realistically bring to fruition the creative ideas you have floating around in your head.

I really like this one a lot. I love the story line here an the agreement in color with the girl’s gown, hair and color of the desk. I wonder if a pencil would have been a better writing instrument to put at her feet since the drawings in the sketch book were done with pencil. But I am guessing that the pen was part of the original photo with the sketch book.

There are so many interesting details here.

Wonderful work, Greenman.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

dewarp

Wonderful work as always Phil. Well done.

regards – Peter

frodron

Great imagination, great shot as usual !

Cherish yesterday,dream tomorrow,live today

Thanks Quint, Luv2shoot, dewarp, and frodron, I’m just toying with ideas here, not being the least bit serious, and Luv2shoot, your idea of a pencil being more appropriate than a Bic ballpoint pen, is of course exactly what she should be stepping over, but, even though it seemed obvious to me too, at the time, I was being very lazy. Those books just happened to be lying around in our lounge, as was that pen, but all my pencils were upstairs (we live in a very tall house) and I couldn’t be bothered to go and fetch them. I can always retake this background shot with a pencil in it (the unpainted wood type might harmonise well, eh?) In fact, I’ll revisit this today, and post the amended version late tonight.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/12-May-2016/1984437-wetC-banner.jpg

“Why shouldn’t art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world.” Renoir.

What about this version Luv2shoot? I think it makes more sense, don’t you?

dewarp

Much better. Also solves the problem I had with the original, which was the top of her head coinciding with the edge between wall and bureau. However, I did like the shadow on the bottom of the sketchbook that has now been softened too much I think. Anyway – a very good job there.

regards – Peter

Anonymous

Very impressive image.

Changing the sketchbook to a different page was a grand idea – it ties everything together well.

Maybe a touch of soft shadow under the pencil, or some other treatment to make it more clearly a part of the image – I’m getting a slight feeling that the pencil is floating or cut-out and pasted.

Thanks everyone! Here are slightly harder shadows on the base of the sketchbook and the merest hint of a shade beneath the pencil’s point. Better?

Better?

No, Perfect!
                        This tells an even better story.
                        :clap:

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Rich

Very impressive. Good call on all the changes, excellent improvement.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. –Mother Teresa
                            Cameras Canon SX160IS, SX740HS ELPH 170IS Photoshop Elements 2021, Topaz Studio, Adjust, and Simplify
                            Website http://rich-stedman.pixels.com

Irishwhistler

Greenman,
                                Love ye work Mate.

Mike 🍀🇮🇪🇺🇸

dewarp

I missed the last one. Yes – perfect.

regards – Peter

Thanks everybody. Now ….. what next …. ummmmm?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.