Home Forums Explore Media Watermedia Tree Swallow ~ for National Draw a Bird Day

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

9×12 watercolor, gouache, ink, and acrylic on Canson 140 lb cold pess paper done today for National Draw a Bird Day. It is almost as if he is singing and notes are the colored marks in acrylic coming out in song. I’ve used a sheet of wc paper as backing underneath smaller works and these are the random marks seen. Each year I try to remember 8 April is a day for artists to remember birds; multiple refs online used to sketch the flowering tree, branches and the swallow. An oblong black ink mark fit nicely underneath his tail feathers while a white dogwood blossoms behind.
    C&C welcome :cat:

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

CaptRedbeard

I did not know it was a special day. Your painting is great and it does seem to be singing the those mark. Nice work.

May all your mountains be small and your rivers be shallow.

Monastic Bat

Kay, I think this is beautiful. I had no idea that there was a National draw a bird day, I will mark my calendar for next year.
            Regards,
            Greg

[FONT=Century Gothic]So when is this "Old enough to know better" supposed to kick in??? :lol:

Thanks Capt and Greg!

Kay

laika

I like this one a lot! All those little dots and blocks seemed random to me at first glance, but it all comes together harmoniously. Very cool!

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
                - Otto Rank

Thank you Lamar!

Kay

Lovely!

Christel

JayJay365UK

Same here! It does look like the little bird is singing those notes! :)

michaeljarman

Very lovely, Kay!

Thanks Christel, JJ, and Michael!

Kay

Christinal

This is really bright and lively. I love it!

HarvestMoon

It is so lovely! Had no idea there was a draw a bird day!

Harvest Moon 🐐

Thanks Christinal and Linda! Yes, every year on 8 April.

Kay

Mike L

Thanks Christinal and Linda! Yes, every year on 8 April.

I’ve put it on my calendar for next year. :lol:

R/Mike

Practice religion freely and freedom religiously.

Great! They’re to be posted as well on social media with a hashtag DrawABirdDay or DABDay.

Kay

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.