WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Watercolor Studio
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors OX_b4666342a1.showAdUnit("469607");

Our Sponsors

#256   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Enthusiast
Saint John N.B. Canada

Hails from Canada
Re: Ros's learning watercolour journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozzi
Thanks Gail, Tommy and Jan.
Gail - I'll have to have a look at the Fake Journal idea and see what is involved.
Here is my quickie from WDE this afternoon - This is Kay from a photo by Li today. I had already prepared several pages in my recycled book so I used one with Red Earth acrylic for this sketch. Black, white and red gouache. I haven't done a lot of portraits so this is good practice.

Ros
Hi Roz , this has been a fantastic journey so far I am up to this point and and I think your sketches are awesome I most certainly will read some more tomorrow. thanks so much for sharing
David
  #257   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-02-2012, 08:17 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Western Australia

Hails from Australia

Gail and David - thanks so much for your comments - they mean a lot to me.
I hope to be able to keep posting on our journey - I guess I'll start a new thread - not sure if I should post it here or in the art journals. I've felt very safe here in my little corner in the studio and I enjoyed keeping all my postings in one thread as a record of my progress.
  #258   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Enthusiast
Kentucky

Hails from United States

Ross, if you post over in the art journal forum I bet you will get a lot of views, and maybe a lot of replies. Thanks to DrDebby and Joan I've been wanting to do this for awhile, but your's is giving me that extra little motivation.

http://gth2art.blogspot.com/
  #259   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-10-2012, 04:27 AM
Western Australia

Hails from Australia

thevaliantx - thanks for looking and commenting - I hope you do start your own journal and post it too. I find the committment to do it motivating.

Well -I'm still here so I thought I 'd post what I've been doing this past week. All WDE stuff again.
While I was still suffering with the flu I felt I had to try to get back into a little painting but didn't have much energy so I smeared some shapes with burnt sienna pastel on my finger, scribbled the giraffes over with pencil then watercolour. Just on cheap sketch paper.

Then another attempt with pen and wash in my first attempt at a hand stitched journal This is the last of my fabriano studio paper and thought it was a good way to use it up on quick sketches without a lot of layers.

Another in this little journal - it was meant to be a quick sketch without too many layers as the paper just doesn't hold up to it ........but as usual I never seem to get dark enough first time and need to add more darks.

Connie supplied some great images last week with several portraits. I really wanted to have another try at a portrait. I really enjoy painting them although I have no idea when I start what I am actually doing - I guess things will come easier with more practise. This is on arches cp.

I have the WIP on WDE here if any are interested.
  #260   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-10-2012, 04:41 AM
Immortalized
Nelspruit, South Africa

Hails from South Africa

Ros, your journal is such inspiration for me! It's just lovely, with all the variety of subjects. Keep them coming...
Tommy
  #261   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Western Australia

Hails from Australia

Tommy, Thanks for your lovely comment. BTW I've seen your latest works in the watercolor gallery and you are doing great work too. I'm sorry I don't comment there but WDE takes so much of my online time - but I like to have the occasional peek in there from time to time.

Here's todays WDE's a very quick pen and wash sketch - just on cartridge paper. I was going to do a larger version of this but changed my mind and attempted the roses on better paper. 10 x 10 cm - about 20 mins. Sorry - bad scan.

I usually paint very tightly when I try roses so I used a larger than normal brush and tried to free up a little.
Arches cp - white knight pans - about 18 x 18 cm

#262   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Lord of the Arts
St Andrews Scotland/Denver CO

Hails from Wales

Wonderful sketches, you are an inspiration to us would be journal keepers

Ricky