Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    fullcirclenow

I can’t seem to finish this. I really want to put an aluminum U channel around it with remote controlled color changing hidden LED lighting but that may be beyond my technical capabilities. It’s almost impossible for me to admit defeat so I may find a way….. Youtube may have a solution!! Pictures don’t really capture the way the bismuth crystal glows.

Dee Jarvis

I’ll be curious to see how you resolve this – interesting project!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/09-Dec-2019/1985576-signature_images_b.jpg
        [FONT="Comic Sans Ms"]websites | [FONT="Comic Sans Ms"]sketchbook

Dee, it is very striking as is! Lots going on.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Cyndi L

Just in case I forgot to mention it with one of your previous works, I really like this whole series!! Very imaginative and compelling.

ladypainter

:) Interesting and nice work.

Elinor:wave:
                "keep your own time tickin"

fullcirclenow

I have just about finished it. There’s a little light leaking on the corners I have to deal with better and I’m pretty happy with it but still can’t get a good picture. :o I made the frame out of J channel for hanging vinyl siding and hid rgb battery operated LED lighting inside it with the battery box behind the raised portion of the artwork. It’s operated with a remote and changes color.
                    Yellow light

purple

There are 15 colors and a fade option which keeps changing them slowly. I used small gems throughout: amethyst, (of course!), adventurine, peridot, garnet, red agate and citrine as well as the bismuth crystal and iridescent acrylic paint so all that picks up the different color light. I’m pretty sure Amethyst Cavern 7 will have this frame too, lol.

Dee Jarvis

Teddy

This is so cool. I really see the cavern. Especially enjoy the colder light colors light up. Creates a nice atmosphere, no.

✧  ☆  ✶  ✧        
                        ✶ 
                        ✮ 
                        ✧  
                        ✶ 
                               ✮  ✧ ✮ ✶
                                   teds

fullcirclenow

There’s a lot of stuff in the caverns, haha. Can’t wait to see what turns up next, although if I go by the last year and a half, now I’m supposed to do an acrylic landscape and act normal….

Dee Jarvis

Teddy

I’d be into seeing this paint application in a landscape with the lighting. There are so many landscapes that’d look good in it the changing lights waterscapes would also look good with it. If in daytime you could use the light to show different times during sunlight. Really looks like an great atmosphere in the cave wither you do an outside landscape or no.

✧  ☆  ✶  ✧        
                                ✶ 
                                ✮ 
                                ✧  
                                ✶ 
                                       ✮  ✧ ✮ ✶
                                           teds

fullcirclenow

Yes, the atmosphere can change to suit time or mood. A friend told me it looked like the waterfall was moving. Today I’m firming up the frame and then repainting it, and doing something to pretty up the back of it.

Dee Jarvis

mshaiku

Very cool! I like the yellow light best.

Stay inspired! Michelle

Always celebrate the small successes to build confidence for tackling life's bigger challenges. :thumbsup:

Some very different effects with the lighting you’ve created, and all are exciting.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

fullcirclenow

Thanks everyone who commented. This art has been sold!

Dee Jarvis

Teddy

Very glad it sold and I bet it’ll have a future full of captivating the viewers eyes!

✧  ☆  ✶  ✧        
                                                ✶ 
                                                ✮ 
                                                ✧  
                                                ✶ 
                                                       ✮  ✧ ✮ ✶
                                                           teds

fullcirclenow

Thank you! It really gave me a boost of confidence to actually sell so it so quickly because I’m really excited about the use of semi precious gems, crystals, and LED frames and have an idea for a better way to frame the art the next time to focus the light more evenly.

It’s great to have this forum because no one around me is an artist so crickets if you know what I mean. Haha

Dee Jarvis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.