Home Forums Explore Media Pastels Soft Pastel Studio and Gallery Window Sill Ripened

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    PeggyB

This painting, along with Lunch Box Favorites posted earlier, was accepted into a juried exhibit to open in June in Seattle. I will be doing a demonstration at the opening reception on Thursday June 14 from 5-7 PM. If interested in attending, just send me a PM, and I’ll give the the exact address.

Peggy Braeutigam, IAPS/MC
        www.peggybraeutigam.com

water girl

Congratulations! Be sure to post a photo of your demo, for those of us who can’t make it.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Karen, IAPS/MC, PSA WC Moderator-Pastels

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines

Donna T

I’d like to see your demo too, Peggy. I hope the show is a good one! This is another nice window sill painting.

Donna
                C&C Always Welcome

artelahe

What is the theme for the exhibition? I love the colors in this one, Peggy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    AlyP
                    I have a white dog and lots of pastels...but are any of them the right color when I need them to be?

apagefineart.com[/SIZE]

PeggyB

What is the theme for the exhibition? I love the colors in this one, Peggy.

The title of the exhibit is “Basic Ingredients” The intent is to depict food and elements pertaining to eating; to evoke memories of sensory satisfaction when viewing such scenes – or something like that! 😂 This is a multi media exhibit so I don’t know how many pastels will be represented.

www.peggybraeutigam.com

PeggyB

Congratulations! Be sure to post a photo of your demo, for those of us who can’t make it.

Thanks Karen. I’ll try to remember to do that. Doubt it will be as a work in progress though. Within that 2 hours I know I’ll most likely be talking to people who have questions about the process of pastel.
                            Now I just need to decide what I’ll paint! Given your preferred subjects, perhaps you should be doing this demo. :)

www.peggybraeutigam.com

chuas2

Terrific painting, Peggy, it just glows!
                                2nd on a demo!
                                Kris

PeggyB

Thank you all for your kind comments.

The demo isn’t until mid June so please be patient. 🙂

www.peggybraeutigam.com

pastel65

I like this very much. I went to your website since the style peaked my interest and so enjoyed looking at your beautiful work. Pam :wave:

PeggyB

Thank you Pam. As you could see on my website, I don’t stick to just one painting style. Supposedly that’s a “no-no”, but then I prefer to paint for myself. If others like it, I’m honored.

www.peggybraeutigam.com

Congratulations Peggy! So exciting… this painting has a “latin” feel…if you know what i mean… :)

Annette Bárcenas O.
                                            Instagram: @annettebarcenasdemadrid
                                            www.abarcenas.com
                                            "I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way... things I had no words for". - G. O'Keeffe

PeggyB

Congratulations Peggy! So exciting… this painting has a “latin” feel…if you know what i mean… :)

Not certain I do, but perhaps it is the colors and simplicity of composition? I love the brigh colors and unfussy composition often associated with Latin artwork.

I know they aren’t truly “Latin”, but the native fabric art known as mola is something I find fascinating. We bought several of them when we were there in the late 1960s; the most expensive ones were 50 cents, and the largest sizes they made. I was sad to learn when we saw them again during our cruise about 4 years ago that the Kuna Indians are not making them as much as they once did, and it’s becoming a dying art form. Needless to say, the prices are now WAY higher now! :eek:

www.peggybraeutigam.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.