Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The Another long pose…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    earlselwyn

About 3 hours in on this one. First attempt with graphite and white chalk on gray paper. Trying to work faster. Lots o fun so far. -Earl

instagram.com/earlselwyn/

ArtistOz

Looking good Earl.

Bill,
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/artistoz/
            Instagram, billwperry

Yep, looks great, shadows are already well placed, well done Earl!

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
            More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
            Instagram
            https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

Well done Earl, good shapes.

Nathan.
            C&C always appreciated.
            My art on Instagram

earlselwyn

Progress. -Earl

123harry

Good one.

C&C always welcome.
                    Instagram harry.hamill

IndianaKate

Nicely done.

Kate

earlselwyn

This was the last day from this position. I’m done with this drawing. As always, CC is much appreciated. -Earl

earlselwyn

glitch

earlselwyn

Glitch

ArtistOz

Earl it’s good he has the rope to hang onto to stop him floating off the page. :) The modeling of form looks well done and the proportions look right You should be happy with this. Whats next?

Bill,
                                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/artistoz/
                                        Instagram, billwperry

I’m wondering what the glitch is? Earl, you have moved a long way. The gradation of light to shade is just about perfect. Proportions are great. Being picky, it doesnt show the tension as he pulls the rope but he woudnt be able to hold that tension anyway. well done mate!

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
                                        More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
                                        Instagram
                                        https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

earlselwyn

You should be happy with this.
                                            Bill? Is that really you? :) I’m glad the proportions look ok… because the torso is a bit elongated and I didn’t spot it until it was too far gone. Tried to correct by bringing the shadow at the base of his back down and his crack up but that creates more problems as well. The model is extremely long wasted but not quite as much as shown here. The fact that it’s convincing to you and Dave is good. And yes, I ran out of time to show the models connection to the ground. Another fairy. :) Next -another graphite/white chalk drawing of same pose/model from a different perspective. As always – I really appreciate your input.

Dave, The website kept locking up when I was trying to post… I ended up posting the same pic three times. Maybe a moderator can delete the “glitches”? Funny you mention the “tension” issue… we discussed it in class and concluded it would be sadistic to expect our model to pull for 36 hours total. Thanks for encouragement.

Does it seem there’s been more traffic on this forum of late? Even Keven Wueste is posting again! Awesome.

-Earl

Eraethil

Excellent work. The elongation you were worried about is not noticeable without having the model for comparison. It’s kinda cool that the rope grounds him a little without a shadow!

[FONT=Century Gothic] [FONT=Century Gothic]Comments and critique actively sought and much appreciated! [/SIZE][/B]
                                                Rick. . . [/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. .[/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic] . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR]pigment storm fine art[FONT=Century Gothic] . . . watch the paint flow![/SIZE]

earlselwyn

Started another drawing tonight. This is all I can get done in 3 hours. -E

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.