WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Animal and Wildlife Subjects
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#76   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-14-2019, 03:27 PM
Germany

Hails from Germany
Re: THE ANIMAL INN - Our Chatroom for August/September/October

Joy, thank you for caring. My hand is healing nicely now but still a way to go to get full movement back. I am really looking forward to reading some of your experiences and seeing photos of your Panama Canal holiday.

Once again lovely photos Penny. It is such a pleasure to share a little of your holiday with you. Love that doggy rain jacket!

We had such a lovely time in the Austrian mountains --- only four days but wht a a super experience. We sat outside a deserted mountain hut surrounded by forests in the distance and heard the mating sounds of stags. They sounded more like lions roaring. A little spooky but an amazing experience. We were unable to see one single one of them They were so camouflaged amongst the trees.

My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades

Last edited by chammi kaiser : 10-14-2019 at 03:29 PM.
  #77   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-14-2019, 03:53 PM
A Local Legend
Wiltshire, England

Hails from England

Thanks, Chammi. What a great experience to hear stags roaring.

I remember going to the top of a mountain on a ski-lift in Austria, into clouds, and the silence was amazing.
  #78   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-17-2019, 08:37 PM
Enthusiast
Johnstown, Pennsylvania, USA

Hails from United States

I started a more lengthy reply this morning about our trip, but "lost" it when I went to upload pix, as Safari browser did not save my text, but will upload pix, and FF will not let me. Unfortunately, as we went to do some housecleaning and I went to put the TV on a music channel, it would not power on, despite my unplugging it and attempting a hard reset. According to YouTube, the capacitor is likely shot (blinking power indicator), so we may need a new one. It is an eight yo old plasma with a fabulous PQ, and our main set. The only other one we have is a small on in our exercise room. Most we know have multiple monitors all over the house! It is too large to bring in for an estimate, so the repair shop is going to come and take it and see if it is worth fixing, as this was the first inkling of trouble. So we have been "researching" new TV technology to see what may be suitable for us if necessary.

Chammi - It sounds "new-agey", but I send healing thoughts to you and those at WC daily.

Penny - Your photos are so wonderful and I hope to upload some of mine and discuss the trip soon. This TV thing really took up a lot of time. We want to research and get the best purchase for us if it comes to that.
  #79   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-18-2019, 04:42 AM
A Local Legend
Wiltshire, England

Hails from England

Thanks, Joy! Itís such a nuisance when you lose what youíve spent time typing on-line.

Oh dear! I am sorry your tv is being troublesome, especially when itís display, colour, etc. is what you like. I donít like having to replace tvís as I donít always get the same quality of picture colour, and donít look forward to it. I only have one small screen tv - a Samsung - and luckily itís all right at the moment. I hope yours is repairable at a decent price.

I look forward to hearing about your holiday.
  #80   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-18-2019, 04:04 PM
Enthusiast
Johnstown, Pennsylvania, USA

Hails from United States

Surprisingly, the repair man picked up our TV today, and it may be reparable, since the picture was still good when the power went. We are using our little TV in a colder exercise room and sitting on couch cushions on the floor to eat a snack and watch Doc Martin on discs prior to retiring. Some of the newer technologies, like OLED, have ďburn inĒ problems, so even though the sales people recommended them, the repair man (who does not sell TVs) warned us off. It is my belief that most buy much more technology than they can use or understand, thinking that bigger and more costly is better. In addition to the extra cost of a new set, one has to reprogram everything and make sure it is compatible with peripherals.

Our full transit Panama Canal cruise on the Island Princess was 16 days, and exceptional in every way. Princess is a real class act, with the staff, shows, food and beautiful decor that exceeded our expectations. On sea days, we ran, used the gym, and attended enrichment lectures. There were lectures on history, architecture, and even Spanish lessons. At every port they had cold cloths and water waiting for us when we embarked the ship.

I will mention a bit about the ports individually bit by bit, and show some representative pics. I took over 1200, bit will likely jettison a good deal. The heat/humidity everywhere was horrendous, but apparently is was even worse the prior week in Mexico. Some severe thunderstorms at night occurred, but our day weather was sunny. A major disappointment was that we were unable to visit a scheduled port in Nicaragua, where we were to hike a dormant volcano in the jungle. The water was too rough to tender the passengers from the ship, as the port in some areas is not large enough for the ship.

Our fist port was in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. The main harbor in town is very pretty but a busy area. The area adjacent to town and in the country exhibited a lot of poverty. Certainly we are spoiled for nice living conditions in comparison! Jerry and I were supposed to take a very intensive excursion, but we were the only ones on the ship to sign up, (very old crowd!) so they put us on another zipline, which was terrific. There were only five of us, There were several lines and obstacles, 100 meters up. The jungle was about an hours drive from the town.

Last edited by JoyK : 10-18-2019 at 04:09 PM.
  #81   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-18-2019, 05:00 PM
Germany

Hails from Germany

Wow Joy, that cabin looks lovely. You are brave. I have no head for heights but the rest of the adventure sounds like a lot of fun. I am going to enjoy your journey.

My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades
  #82   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-19-2019, 02:39 AM
A Local Legend
Wiltshire, England

Hails from England

What a wonderful experience! I am enjoying hearing about what you got up to. The photos as excellent - fancy hanging upside down in the jungle!

I hope your TV is back soon in working order.
  #83   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-19-2019, 02:54 AM
A Local Legend
Wiltshire, England

Hails from England

After reading in the Coloured Pencil thread about Karenís success in being included in this book, I looked it up and give a link below. Wonderful work by all the artists, with some beautiful animals.

https://coloredpencilmag.com/lookbook/