Home Forums The WetCanvas! Galleria Open Critique Forum WIPs (Works in Progress) Monster drawing work in progress

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    waynetully1

I recently did a youtube video of me drawing this monster creature, but after finishing that video I realized that I should have continued more with the drawing and that is why this monster illustration is a work in progress, because I need to add more detail to it and color the design eventually.

I used a Pigma brush pen to sketch in the outline of the monster and then used very fine line uni-pin ink pens for the detailing.

Do you think a background is important? Hmmm…decisions, decisions :crossfingers:

Wayne Tully - Horror Concepts

My youtube channel Art Channel :wave:
        Trumper

Hi ,to me i find this very hard to comment on [a bit like abstracts] because there is no right or wrong,it’s up to the viewer what they see and feel.
            Just hope i don’t meet this one on a dark night :)

waynetully1

Yeah, I think a background would detract from the main drawing, so when it comes to coloring this I may just use muted tones…lol, yeah if I saw this too, I would definitely need to change my pants lol

Wayne Tully - Horror Concepts

My youtube channel Art Channel :wave:
                MeEmilee

Awesome detail! I agree that a background really isn’t needed, especially with such a dramatic pose. Would love to see it when coloured!

Melissa
                    C&C welcome! :heart:
                    My facebook art page: MelissaEmilyArt
                    Please take a look~!

absent-blank

Hello!

This looks fantastic! But I do agree it feels a bit short of being super awesome. I’m not sure why but looking at this reminded me comic book posters with hyper aggressive details. I’d love to see the actual monster “fleshed” out and finished, but I also think adding a hint of something of a background will also help. I don’t think that adding a BG will detract from what you have, I’d say something like what you did in Dead Planet Astronaut video where there’s a very simple hint of atmosphere.

Can’t wait to see an update!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.