Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #573, Jan 20 – Jan 29

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    jmfletch

Welcome to the hunt!!

If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:
        https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347

Here are the rules for the hunt:

*All items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.

*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.

*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.

*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.

*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyways. Commenting is appreciated but not necessary.*

Scavenger Hunt #573, Jan 20 – Jan 29

Something yellow -*Challenge 1*something in each primary color
        Your favorite corner in your home or office
        Most comfortable footwear
        Something round
        Something rectangular
        Something triangular
        Something you like to wear
        A keepsake
        Something older than you
        Something you received as a gift
        Something that symbolizes your community
        A quiet place
        Anything lit by a single light source from a window
        Something reflective
        Your shadow
        Stuffed animal
        Something from a perspective that you don’t normally see
        Something metallic
        Your most recent art supply purchase
        Your favorite art supply/tool
        Something you planted
        Water
        Cloud or clouds
        Looking out (or in) a window
        A rock
        Something to reflect the season

Challenge 2:*If you normally use line, use tone or color. If you normally use tone or color use line.
        Challenge 3:*Use a media technique you really like, then tell us why you like it.

Keep sketching
        Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

Thanks, Joe. I wish I had some kiddie toys for the primary colors. Hmmm. Good list.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
        My website https://jocastilloart.com

jmfletch

Thanks, Joe. I wish I had some kiddie toys for the primary colors. Hmmm. Good list.

Bet Aii does . :cool:

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

Joan T

Joe, thanks for the new list. Will get on it shortly!

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

eyepaint

Hi Joe thanks for the new list :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                    All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

eyepaint

graphite, 5×6″ maybe across the two-page spread.

1. comfortable footwear – slippers
                        2. round (tower of pan pastels)
                        3. triangular (cap on a wc marker)
                        4. rectangular (eraser)
                        5. yellow (pen cap)
                        6. art supply (back end of a wc stick)

Cheers,

-- EP Moderator for:

Joan T

EP – Love your fuzzy, warm slippers! Nice sketch of your items.

1 – something triangular (nib on my pen) – ink
                            2 – something rectangular (tissue box that looks like someone sat on) – ink
                            3 – something round (roll of tape)
                            4 – most recent art supply purchase (Sailor fude pen) – watercolors
                            5 – favorite corner – watercolors and ink
                            6 – comfortable footwear

Eye

Awesome start EP & Joan. Love you guys soft comfy footwear.

Joan: I will try that pen…May be Tone could get me while he visits the US in April. Pls. let me know how you like it. Nice art comfy soft relax corner. Nice pen sketches.

EP: Fun fuzzy soft slippers and the pan pastels… I inherited some from Kirvin but have no idea so have not touched them yet.

Jo: May be candies will do for lacking of colorful toys ….he he he

Joe: Hello… Thanks for the list.

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
                                https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Scattykat

…neat list Jo, ta…hi all…
                                    -goodness your all away well quick this time..
                                    EP, mm mm, nice slippers, cool collection of sketches, well done …
                                    Joan, neat collection of sketches, I can see why its your comfy corner, nice slippers too…

Scatty ....
                                    ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

m50paul

Joe nice list. I may have to go to the museum to find something older than me :(

Eyepaint nice sketches, those slippers do look very comfy

Joan nice small painting with cozy corner and comfortable foot ware, nicely done on round, square, and triangle

Paul

C & C Always Welcomed

Joan T

Ai, I haven’t tried the pen yet. I ordered a converter for it and that hasn’t arrived yet. I don’t want to put in a cartridge and then have to take it out. I’ll try to remember to let you know how I like it.

Thanks for your comments everyone!

EP, looks who’s first. Well done on the comfy blue slippers. I still haven’t used my Pan Pastels much.

Joan clever finds. I like your sketching nook, always good to sketch when you are comfy.

Hi all, going to the doctor for Gene’s tune up on his DBS. Seems to be working well and he may get released to work in the shop and yard.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                                            My website https://jocastilloart.com

jmfletch

Jo – Good news on Gene. :thumbsup:

Ai, Scatty, 9 – :wave:

Joan – sketches are all nice especially the fav corner but the ‘sat on’ tissue box made me laugh.

EP – Slippers definitely look warm and comfy. Good use of art supplies as models! Props on bring first! :clap:

Keep sketching
                                                Joe

eyepaint

Joan – thank you. What is the angle of your Sailor Fude pen? I watched parkablogs review these pens.

Ai – thank you

Paul – thank you

Jo – thank you

Joe – thank you

-- EP Moderator for:

jmfletch

Non-art related, off topic post.:evil:

Hey, Joe! Thanks for the palms. I was sure you had one in your front yard. These are cool and thanks for the names. Royal palms seem to be the famous ones in Hawaiian and Florida beach scenes. Fun to paint!

We have 6 palms on property. (9 before Hurricane Charlie) We have a pair of Sago Palms, a Queen palm, a huge Cat palm, and, the centetrpiece of our front yard, a Canary Palm aka a Pineapple Palm.
                                                        There is another palm, a twin palm, which, after 17 plus years, I still have not identified. The 3 we lost to Charlie were all Queen Palms which like the Royal is very common. We had the Cat Palm in a pot on the lanai and planted it in the ground where we lost a Queen. When we planted it, it was probably 4 feet tall and 18 in across. It is now about 20 feet tall and 10 feet across :lol:

Probably TMI but……

Joe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.