WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2019, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member
Memphis, TN

Hails from United States
Re: *** Daily Wash Sunday 14th July 2019 ***

A good Sunday to all....raining today....the outer edges of tropical storm Barry are making the way northward towards us. Reports are anywhere from 6-12" of rain called for over today and tomorrow depending on which model you look at........

Been a couple of busy days...making headway on the carport project, put up 30' of gutter back over the deck area.........don't really need all the rain dumping from the roof on to the raised pad for the deck right now. No sense in making the problem worse. Got the yard mowed yesterday, otherwise with this rain it would be 3-4 days before I could get to it again and that would mean I'd be mowing a pasture.

Lisa doing better and then she has a bad spell.....doctor has said no way to even considering going back to work until after August 20th. Will re-evaluate then.

Had a screen background pop up on Edge...identified as hills in Cotswolds. Googled it and I could live there, I think.......of course I'd have to hit the Lottery to do it right.

Greetings to all.....need to eat some breakfast and possibly a nap this morning. Didn't sleep well at all last night. BBL

Be good, do good....
Steve.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2019, 12:56 PM
Veteran Member

Hails from United Kingdom

Made it to church this morning and this afternoon I bought a couple of picture frames for paintings I'm working on. We're lucky in that a frame seller visits the town once a month to sell frames, mounts, D rings, hinging tape etc. We also have an actual framer but for my own efforts it isn't worth the cost of having them done professionally.

I was glad to be out as one of our house painters was working today and there's no privacy. I came downstairs this morning having gotten ready for church to find him in the kitchen using the microwave. It's a good job I was dressed. They seem to have their main meal in the morning and often ask if they can use the microwave. They're all very nice but I'll be glad when they've finished. Hopefully in time for the first of my visitors arriving on Thursday.

I've a busy week ahead with lots of good things happening but very much all at once. It's feast or famine at the moment.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2019, 01:03 PM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Hot and humid here, a great lack of energy too! Am reading and doing some chores, and watched diving this morning. Saw the end of the Federer/Nadal semi yesterday, exciting!

I saw some tour de France yesterday too, Doug, I remembered your suggestion to see it for the scenery it was lovely! I'll check in today too. And there some track and field to see too. A busy sport weekend.

Now she is taking her first steps! That's her daddy's leek field behind.

(((June))) I'm so sorry about John

Uschi, I have that tangle of wires to deal with too, unavoidable I guess. Enjoy your family party. We have one coming up at the end of the month. Both my kids have birthdays then, I'm looking forward to that, we all go to the Mandarin!

Lovely kitties, Kay and Tracy

Glad that the procedure helped Ted, Char, and that you survived that hot garden. You've had a very busy few days.

Greetings to everyone I've missed!

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Last edited by LynnM : 07-14-2019 at 01:15 PM.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2019, 03:37 PM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Lovely picture Lynn..as always.

You wouldn't believe the Cricket World Cup game and outcome!

Flicked over onto F1,saw Hamilton was winning so switched off again...brilliant driver but lacking in something,perhaps personality?

Hot here, still not watered,may do now.

geoff
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2019, 03:38 PM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

Congratulations England. Wow, amazing finish, down to 1 run. Caught the last half hour.So proud of our boys but well done England!

Most of all I am proud of the sportsmanship between these two teams. It's what sport is all about.

Pleased for England, first ever World Cup win. You deserve it.

Last edited by Lulu : 07-14-2019 at 04:10 PM.
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2019, 03:40 PM
WC! Guide
Michigan

Hails from United States

Sunny and cerulean blue skies without any clouds and 78F. Nice day.

So far I've been lazy and have done nothing except un-load the dishwasher. I need to put away our clean clothes. I should clean my bathrooms and think what we'll have for dinner. I'm so un-motivated today.

Yesterday I gave everything another coat of stain on the kitchen cabinets and now some things need another coat before we put on the polyurethane. It's still tacky to the touch so a second coat may have to wait.

Larry worked yesterday until 11am and then went with Justin to his race; it was about an hour north. He finished the race without mishap and is getting more of the feel of the car and dirt track. This was a different track this time and he said it was much nicer. He's hooked unfortunately. Love it. :roll eyes:

I was alone last evening so I had an evening of watching Christmas in July Hallmark movies. It was quiet, just Oliver and I. Enjoyed it immensely.

Char, I'm so glad that they were able to remove the fluid in Ted's abdomen. That must have made him feel much better. Poor guy sure has been through a lot lately. Larry and Justin hate the heat too and this coming week they are saying temps could be above 100F!! I feel so sorry for them at work.

June, I'm so sorry about John's dilemma and hope he will be able to deal with whatever outcome he has. It's so tough to not be able to do anything for them. Getting rid of Louie's clothes must have been very hard.

Adorable kitties in the wash lately. And whoever it was who posted the pics of those luscious berries, thanks! Beautiful.

Doug, I hope your visit with your son David went well and that you enjoyed his visit. Your garden looks lovely now.

Annie, we had a tree taken down last year and the stump removed. What a job but it was too big for us to do and it had a power line going through it so dangerous for us to handle. We left it to the professionals. Be careful taking yours down!

Ellen, Larry and I just had a week off and we all ready are wishing for another week off. I still have 5 weeks of vacation left but Larry has only a couple of weeks until next April. My work anniversary is in October so vacation renews at that time. Josh wants us to come out for another visit and he said for our birthdays he will pay for our airfare. Justin has booked a trip as he's never been to California, in October.

I wish I could paint or do some art but we still haven't fixed the wall that leaked and all my art stuff is in chaos still. UGH..... we have so many jobs going at once it's overwhelming to finish any of them!

Kelsea had a good week up north and hated to come back to reality. It's always a bummer but the poor kid had to work 14 hours yesterday on her first workday back. That stuff happens when you are a manager.

We talked on the phone with Jen and the two little ones the other day. We miss them so much. Kalem told us he wants to come to our house and asked why we moved so far away. We told him it was them that moved and he seemed confused. It will be a year in September since we went to see them with Justin. A week after Jen found out about Matt's unfaithfulness. We haven't talked to Matt since and he's offered no apologies to us for treating us so badly when we were there.

Lynn, that little gal is such an adorable baby and walking already?? Wow!

I hope you all have a wonderful day and start to your week!!
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2019, 05:12 PM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Lulu, watched the whole game and it was tight tight tight......well done all for some great unselfish sport.

geoff

'Tis the Ashes soon...........that may be different!
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2019, 05:18 PM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

Geoff, so much for going to sleep early....I did go to bed but then turned on the radio 'to just hear the beginning' lol Listened until NZ had finished batting then an in out sleep for a few hours until I switched on the radio again at 5.30 and of course had to get up.

John slept through it all lol
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2019, 08:02 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

So tired. Said I wasn't going to do anything today. After going to ShopRite yesterday, coming home and getting everything upstairs and put away, I was so tired and sore I thought I'd never move again.

Well that didn't quite work out. Took out the garbage. Got the rest of the stuff out of the trunk and upstairs and put away. Vacuumed the floors and living room rug and mopped. Made up hamburger patties and put them in the freezer. Will spatch them into bags later. So much for taking it easy.

Oh, I forgot last week I made my meatloaf. Well really it wasn't much of a loaf. By the time I got it mixed up there was so much it filled my square Pyrex baking dish. More of a meat . . . pan? Tasted great though.

Tracy furbabies and berries. What could be better.

June I am so sorry about your son's medical issues. How is Lily Rose doing?

Char I'm glad you didn't end up with heat stroke in those temps! for your sales.

Lynn she's standing already?

Darla Justin will love So Cal in October. One of my favorite times of year. Poor little Kalem.

Doug your garden is gorgeous.

Hope everyone enjoyed watching their sports.

Later,
Kay
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2019, 08:05 PM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM
... but, we're now finding many foods to be too salty!!! And those sweet treats we used to love are too sweet.

Exactly. I went through that too when I quit sugar and salt. (I am not diabetic)
Tania gets double salt on her fries. I am so glad she doesn't at KFC very much at all anymore. When we have lunch on every other Friday, we go to Soul Foods.

Congratulations on the sales, I am sorry it was so stinking hot for you, I hated that in the summer months I did the Sundays Art Market. I did it for 18 months to pay for my airfares in 2009. I am cured of it.

It does make you realise, however, just how much sugar and salt the food industry are putting in our foods. Both are addictive, and both hide the fact that the food is processed and is bland in taste.

Steve, my your are busy. I am glad Lisa is making some progress, and I am feeling for her having bad spells. I hope they lesson more and more.

QS I hope your painting job is indeed finished before your visitors arrive. I used to love the small of house paint, not anymore with all the additives in it, makes me nauseous.

Oh Lynn, I have a very large smile on my face. She is so beautiful. Wow that is one healthy leek field.

Big congratulations to Englands cricket win!!

Ok I have to scoot, my cleaning lady will be here in a minute, and I need to wash my breakfast dishes.

Ooooops here she is later
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2019, 11:31 PM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

Thankyou British press:

"England's miracle means that there is no New Zealand miracle. But there is still glory in their journey, reaffirmed by the quiet dignity with which they accept their unfathomable bad luck and even more unfathomable defeat."

"Only the Kiwis could have coped so graciously with the manner of their defeat in the most riveting final this tournament has ever witnessed."

Proud to be Kiwi.
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2019, 01:34 AM
Veteran Member

Spent the day at Knit in the Park in Allyn, WA - right on Puget Sound. Beautiful perfect day, park full of shade trees, lots of good conversation.

The jam.....it's for Christmas gifts! I have 8 immediate family groups and each household will get a dozen. Then some for friends, my knit group, my watercolor group, and even some for me. So....goal is 12-15 dozen. I hit 12 dozen over the weekend and still have blueberry, apricot and peach on my "want to do list." Boy, the loganberry turned out good - it's a hybrid of raspberries and blackberries and it tastes just like both - definitely a "keeper" for the permanent list.
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2019, 12:09 PM
A WC! Legend
New Canaan Connecticut

Hails from United States

THANK YOU ALL .Kay , LILY is Horrendously spoiled rotten. She thinks she is a QUEEN OR Princess with all the girls here who adore her.
Char , I have no choice but to deal with it . I am the oldest one here LOL.
CONGRATS on your sales .
june

http://blogmomcom.blogspot.com/