Home Forums The Learning Center Studio Tips and Framing Tempered Glass "palettes" for Masterson Palette Box $7.50 each

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    contumacious

These tempered glass cutting boards from Amazon are a perfect fit for the largest Masterson 12×16 air tight palette box – The ones with the bright red or blue tupperware style lids. $7.50 each in a four pack. I can’t get plain glass in that size for that price locally at the glass shops. None of the kitchen ware sources in town have cutting boards this size.

They are 1/4″ shy of 12×16 which gives you about 1/8″ clearance on all sides inside the Masterson box. Get with your friends and share an order if 4 are too many for you.

Tempered Glass 11.75″ x 15.75″ Cutting Boards on Amazon

bongo

You have to buy 4 – so that’s $30. no thanks. I’m using gloss white ceramic tiles from home depot for a few dollars.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/18-Sep-2019/1999899-sigsmall.jpg
            STUDIOBONGO

contumacious

Sure there are cheap alternatives to palettes. My main studio palette is a free tempered glass plate from an oven door.

The whole point of my post was that they fit the Masterson palette boxes perfectly, not that I thought they were a dirt cheap deal for a glass palette. For those who use them, this is a real bargain vs paying someone to cut one and temper it for you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.