Home Forums The Town Center Welcome Forum! Hi from Canada!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    CaroMar

Hello, and thank you for your generous posts of info re:watercolours and gouache (and everything else). I’ve been lurking for awhile and all of it has been immensely helpful! Also really enjoy seeing photos of everyone’s work at all experience levels.

I’m currently just starting out in watercolours and drawing, and recently realized my interest is more in illustration and abstract work. Have a bit of acrylics and conte experience. Over the last decade when career has allowed I’ve been exploring fibre dyeing, silversmithing and jewelry making in general. I studied woodworking as a youngster. I enjoy learning process and technique, and have to stop myself from diving into yet another thing (3D printing, weaving, carving…). For those of you who care (I know some think this is just twaddle!), I am a Myers-Briggs INFP, which sometimes stands for I Never Finish Projects. Not true, but I’m ok with not finishing some after learning what I wanted to!

Hope I can pitch in with some questions, answers and support here and there.

Caro
        Has anyone seen my glasses?

Greggo

Welcome to the WC Welcome Forum!

This is the place to introduce yourself and for us to pass on to you some tips.

There are lots of fine folks here, you can meet many of them as you browse about while exploring the full list of the forums. We are looking forward to seeing your art, and getting to know you!

There are all levels of artists, from many lands, working in virtually all mediums. Newcomers to Art are especially welcome. Be sure to visit the Drawing and Color Theory Forums.

Sharing, learning and teaching others is the best way to fan the creative flames.
            The friendly members here will try to help you with any questions you have.

Be sure to review the guidelines for commercial uses,
            Read about the use of images in the Reference Library.
            Links to additional information contained in my signature line below.

(The Abstract & Contemporary Forum is where I am usually found.)

Greggo

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/110200-Tatrabanner.jpg [FONT=Times New Roman] Click here for>> WC FAQS >

Hi, it’s nice to meet you.

I’m an INFP too. There’s no shame here, I’m pretty sure we all have projects stacked about. :)

Enjoy the forums and be sure to check out the Member FAQ’s for help navigating the forums and for how to’s on inserting images and such. Let us know if you need any help.

Welcome to WetCanvas!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
            Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

CaroMar

Thank you, Greggo and Virginia!:)

Caro

Hi Caro, welcome to the forum. Glad to see you are finding your way around.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Jon

Greetings, it is very nice to meet you, Caro.
                    If you click on any of the words or phrases in my Signature line below you will find numerous helpful hints to assist you with some of the basics of the site, but if after reviewing them you need help, I encourage you to return here at any time, it’s why we are here.

CaroMar

Thank you Doug and Jon!

Caro

Hello from Nova Scotia.

Hello Caro – welcome.

When just starting out in various mediums I often suggest people spend some time initially learning or honing drawing skills. Drawing is really at the heart of most art anyway. We have a free drawing classroom where you can take any class you wish for free. An experienced artist will assist in each class making suggestions for improvement or answering questions along the way. And you can do whatever classes you wish but if you are starting out, don’t ignore the geometric shapes – they are the building blocks. Understanding value with B&W will make your life much easier when you wish to add color.

CaroMar

Hi, Nelson, thank you for the welcome. I hope to visit your beautiful province one day, it is on my bucket list! Missing the ocean here.

Thanks, Ken, I agree drawing is key. I did some drawing classes years ago, and will check out the drawing classroom. I’m pretty rusty, and remember drawing practice really rewarded me with immediate and encouraging improvement. Not true for everything I’ve practiced! :)

Caro

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.