Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events wde 1518 Challenge + Kittens WIP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    ams

I did the brushes for my 5 minute challenge. Micron 01 on 4″ x 6″ Stillman & Birn Alpha sketchbook.

I also am working on the kitties. I am doing just two of them. 8″ x 10″ watercolor on Arches 140# cp. This is about the 2 1/2 hr mark. Still quite a bit to go.

Thanks Kay for hosting this week. Lots of great refs to choose from.

Anne

Anne
        C & C always welcome.
        https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/wip-still-life-with-purple-underpainting/

Joanne_N

Oh, wow! Your quick sketch is terrific, Anne! And you did it in ink!! :clap:

Your kittens look adorable already, I like that you did just the two of them. I like how you’re doing their fur. I’m doing the same reference and I always seem to struggle with fluffy fur.

missswiss

I too like your sketch and your kittens are so cute. Looking forward to seeing them finished.

Have a good day, Mary
                C & C welcome and would be so appreciated.
                Blog: www.missswisssartcabin.blogspot.com/
                :)Stop telling God how big your storm is. Instead, tell the storm > > >> how big your GOD IS. Unknow author

Love the brushes fast sketch and your kittehs are adorable, Anne!!!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

surob

You met the challenge :clap: I can’t wait to see the finish of the kittens.

Susan

"Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out." Art Linkletter My RIL

robertsloan2

Nice brushes, Anne! Beautiful pen drawing of them, love the way you caught their different forms and depth and dimensions. That big wash brush is star of the show and very blocky-dimensional.

Sweet kittens! Love the monochrome brown softness of them, their expressions and affection. Gorgeous textures and beautifully modeled little white muzzles. Near monochrome I should say, the cool shadows on the white muzzles are very effective.

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
                        Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
                        blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting

Good sketch! Great start on the kittens:)

Triduana

I like your brushes sketch! Great answer to the challenge.

The kittens look great too, I like the detail in the fur. Good start! Thanks for joining in. :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

LoganArt

You got a lot done in 5 minutes! Good job!

The kittens, as others have said…great fur detail. They are texture-y and yet soft, and oh so expressive.

C&C always welcome
                                Scattykat

…good job on the 5 min sketch, the kitties are so cute…

Scatty ....
                                    ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

Clea

Good sketch and start on the kittens. It will be interesting to see how you continue.

tyree

great sketching..and i love the kittehs and their
                                            little innocent faces ! tyree :)

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

lisilk

Nice challenge piece. Your kitties are warm and sweet.

Li

C & C Always Welcome My RIL Images My Art and Photos[/URL]

She never seemed shattered; to me, she was a breathtaking mosaic of the battles she had won. - Matt Baker
                                                ams

Finished the kitties. Probably another 1 1/2 hours but I lose track of time when I paint.

Anne

Anne
                                                    C & C always welcome.
                                                    https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/wip-still-life-with-purple-underpainting/

123harry

Nicely done. They look quite tigerish, but then tabby cats do!

C&C always welcome.
                                                        Instagram harry.hamill

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.