Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Topic Challenge #82, Old Tools, Oct 30-Nov 9, 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Welcome to WC’s Shutterbug Pub Topic Challenge where every two weeks a topic will be posted in a thread and you will have the opportunity to post images that you have taken that you think satisfy the topic. You are only limited by your imagination.

I am sorry about the Money topic being canceled. Thanks Patty for looking out for us and bringing the United States’ Laws about posting images of currency to my attention. I didn’t want to have to bake a cake with a file when I visited someone’s prison cell, so I thought it best to just change the topic.

Topic : Old Tools.
    This topic was inspired by Dave Droll(13)

Please read the guidelines before posting.

This topic will end: November 9, 2019

Guidelines:
    1) All photos submitted must be yours.
    2) All entries are to be posted directly by each member into this thread in the SHUTTERBUG PUB.
    3) You may post more than one image, however, please submit only one photo per post.
    4) We hope that his activity inspires you to shoot new images and not just pull from your archives. However, images from your archives WILL be allowed as long as your image has NOT been previously posted on Wet Canvas.
    5) You may use software to manipulate or enhance your images.
    6) Since this activity is running in the Shutterbug Forum, if you wish to comment on any entry, we ask that you limit your comments to praise and applause .
    7) Every other Sunday, a new topic challenge will begin.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

damar

Random assortment of my old drafting tools

Fujifilm X100F f/8 at 2″ ISO 200
        We didn’t use T-Squares anymore, but it was given to me back in the 70s
        by an old friend.
        I know its over 40 yrs old and the rest were retired in 1991.
        All this sitting on my 40 year old drafting table.

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
        Photos are ©2021

Patty,
        That is a nice still life to finally start this topic, especially since those items mean so much to you. Sometimes I wish I would have majored in drafting.

A nice simple clean set up, Patty, with pleasing diagonals. It’s nice that you saved the T-square.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

damar

Thanks Lorell,
            The T square was a gift from the same friend
            who gave me my first 35mm film camera.

Photos are ©2021
            Dreamin

My husband’s grandfather was a carpenter…..

Natalie

Dreamin

Natalie

damar

Those are beautiful Natalie!
                        The wood shavings are perfect background too.
                        I love the block plane.
                        The top one: is one a mitre cut guide?
                        Not sure what the one underneath is.
                        What a treasure to have those!

Photos are ©2021

Natalie, Those are great. It would be hard to part with them.
                        I agree with Patty, the curled wood shavings is a wonderful setting for these tools.
                        LORELL

Dreamin

Thank you. I got shavings in last week for my new flock, they came in today!! I thought of the tools and how the fresh shavings would look nice with them….

The one with two planes, the top one is
                            M. Copeland Warranted molding plane 3/8 inch side bead

The one underneath is
                            Auburn Tool Co. Auburn N.Y….groove cutter, 7/8 inch.

I can’t imagine all the work that went into using these tools to make moldings and furniture……not to mention having to keep the blades sharp!!

Unfortunately, we did not get the tool box. My sister inlaw made a coffee table out of it for her dad, and when he passed, and she took it. It was a nice box!!

Natalie

maryinasia

Love all these!

Drll and a Drill Bit Case

damar

Looks great, Lorell!
                                    I like the angle on this arrangement.
                                    Very pleasing warm colors too.

Photos are ©2021

Thank you, Patty.

Humburger

Very nifty tools and good job setting them up and shooting them.

Ginny
                                        www.virginiacmccoy.com
                                        C & C Welcome

Thanks Ginny,
                                        Well, it is almost time to start the new challenge but not before I squeeze in one more tool. It is probably one of the oldest tools known to mankind. That would be the rock. I can’t take credit for this clever idea, I can only take credit for the photograph. When I was asking my husband the whereabouts for the vintage drill and told him why I was taking a photograph of it, he said, “A ROCK”. To which I responded, “HUH?”. Oh, I get it and now you have it.

Some rocks:

Okay, NOW it is time to start the new challenge.
                                        :smug:
                                        Lorell

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.