Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk **** Daily Wash – Monday 25th November 2019 ****

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    CJMonty

Hi All,

Well, I know it is a bit early for most of you, but here in Perth, it is 1045 Monday morning.

So thought I would open the Wash while I am waiting for paint to dry on my stone turtle (to put into my garden).

At 1245 I have an appointment with my Dermatologist for him to review the surgery he did on my scalp and to asses other areas on my scalp to see if he has more to do :(. I guess it is what it is, and after all I have survived far worse situations as many of you know.

As many of you here on WetCanvas are aware, I try to cram in as much as I can into my day to day life just incase it comes to a very rapid halt.

The fish in my new pond come to the side every time I approach it, they will even eat out of my fingers now which I love.

As soon as I have some photos that look good enough to post, I will try to put some on.
        I can’t recall, but is there a daily limit to how many you can put on?

The weather has been quite reasonable this past couple of weeks, with daytime temps sitting in the early to mid 20s.

I’m going to make Bruschetta tonight with my own tomatoes, they taste sooo much better than any that you buy.
        When I make my Bruschetta, I crush a few cloves of garlic into some extra virgin Olive oil and let it sit for a few hours.
        For the topping I dice up tomatoes, half an avocado, finely chopped shallot
        and shave in some Reggiano parmesan, and basil.

I use turkish bread, spreading the Olive oil and garlic mix over each slice and lightly grill it so it is very lightly toasted. I then put on the tomato topping, shave on some more Reggiano parmesan and gril until the parmesan is melted.
        Oh by the way, I take the tomato and avocado out of the fridge ealy in the day so that they are not cold.

Well, Monty is calling for me to come and cut his hair for him, so I had better go and do that. Will come back later on to see you all.

Take Care, Lots of Love Carolynn :):heart::heart::grouphug::thumbsup::clap::grouphug::heart::wave:

:wave:

Good morning all, good to see you Carolynn. There are no limits on the number of photographs except a limit of 15 per post.

Cute that your fish eat from your hand.

Overcast out there, rain expected.

A routine Monday here, driving Ruth to her knitting groups and shopping.

:grouphug: Ted :grouphug:

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Good morning. I am getting ready to go to bed, but I wanted to post two photos I took on our evening walk.

This is the oak tree that resides to the east of our house. It is almost all red now and dropping tons of acorns.

This is a red oak that resides to the west of our house. It is only a few years old, but it is totally red right now. The tree it stands next to is a live oak that will stay green all winter and not lose its leaves. It is almost 50 years old now.

This evening we lost John’s last aunt on his mother’s side of the family. She was suffering with severe dementia. We have a favorite memory from Las Vegas when we took her and my mother for our annual vacation. We stayed at the brand new Mandalay Bay Hotel, and visited the newly opened Venetian Hotel. We laughed and had so much fun. So, I am sure there will be a large wake and funeral that will happen this coming week in the middle of Thanksgiving and Black Friday traffic.

See you all tomorrow!

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge."- Einstein

Hi Nancy, that’s a big tree so close to the house.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

shadye1

Good Morning All.
            I noticed on one online site that there are Black Friday banners on the pages but the prices of stuff I was watching have not altered, also books marked as free delivery are having postage (2nd class RM) added at the checkout. Beware, computers have no Christmas spirit!

doppler

Good evening Carolynn, Doug, Nancy (LOVE those trees :thumbsup: ) and Rod.
                And all who follow.

So … for Kay :) … pademelons don’t climb trees. They can reach up though. As the pruning of the lemon tree and chocolate pudding tree ( still surviving but looking sick) will attest. The orchids they ate were in the grotto. In pots. The grotto is a grotty but shady spot out front. One of the few areas still watered.

Listening to the news now so had better be more off than usual. :wave:

Annie
                "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                Steven Wright
                My Flickr Site

Bill

Good day all,

Warmer today with a little sun.

Beautiful trees, Nancy.

Kay, I have a wedge to place under my knees, but I find it too uncomfortable.

My appointment for wellness today, plus some shopping.
                    Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Good morning all,
                    It is going on 6:30 a.m. here in still dark Oakwood. I got a little later start than usual this morning, slept in until 5:30. :D

We had a lovely visit with Kari, Mike, and Casey yesterday to celebrate my birthday. We took a photo of Casey with me to show how much he has grown. He is 14 yrs old so still has lots of growing time to go too. :D

Carolyn, your bruschetta sounds delicious. I agree that homegrown tomatoes are so much better than store bought ones.

Nancy, Your trees are beautiful. All the ones around us are losing their leaves (and a lot are landing in our back yard) now.

Bill, I hope your wellness exam provides some relief for your aching shoulders.

:wave: to all,

SYL,

Sylvia

:wave: everyone,
                    I’ve finished my decorating except for the tree which is put up and I’ll get to as I have time this week. :clap:

As I mentioned before, this is my busiest week of the year. I have to call the car dealership and the bank this morning to get some info. Today my sister is coming for a visit and we are going shopping all morning and I’ll hopefully be able to cross a few more gifts off my list. I get the boys off the bus at 3:00 but I’ll have the evening to relax and watch movies with her.

Carolynn – good to see you. I hope all goes well at the dermatologist.

Sylvia – your grandsons will both tower over you. I forgot to send my wishes for a happy birthday so belated wishes going to you.

Breakfast is next so I’ll wish you all a great start to a new week.

www.ellenspalette.com

Good Morning… I can’t stay to chat. I have gathered up the household garbage and recyclables to take to the transfer station. I also have the leftovers packaged up. And then, I’ll drive into town to collect Brittany. She has an interview at the Montessori[/URL] private school. And finally, the Kids have gathered up several big bags of “stuff” to drop off at one of the thrift stores.

I hope that the rain holds off until I can get all that done. It did rain overnight and when I checked the basement, was pleased to see that it was nice and dry.

:wave: Gotta go. I’ll be back later today!

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Uschi

Good Morning!!

Yesterday was a brilliantly sunny day, today not so much but a high of 6C and the north wind has switched to the south.

I didn’t paint the doors yesterday, maybe today:) Not much else on the agenda.

Lynn, I watched the skating, those Russian girls are something WOW!!

Char, I sure hope the weather for Christmas will be perfect so Jon and family can travel safely. What a Christmas you would have:heart: Is there any news at all from the team in London about a liver transplant for Ted???????

Sylvia, I got the names of the two boys mixed up. What a cute kid, this is an adorable photo of you and Casey, I hope his personality is as charming as his looks:)

Kay, I am glad our nagging works:D What a wonderful fix that was for the car dint:clap: Yams, many, many years ago I had dinner at a friend’s and she served yams, that evening I got sick, what turned out to be a really terrible flu and ever since then my mind associates yams with getting the flu so I don’t like them:D

Carolynn, lovely that the fishies are eating out of your hand. I hope all is well with your scalp. I have a nasty feeling that my nose carcinoma is going to be quite the job because it is getting bigger and bigger. It’s kind of good that I already have a big scar there so hopefully I won’t look much different.

Nancy, those trees look glorious!!!!! I don’t know if that is good or bad but the first thing I think when someone dies who suffered with alzheimer is, thank God.

Rod, one really needs to know the price of something long before it supposedly goes on sale to make a good decision.

Annie, you have invited the wildlife, will you ever have lush greens or flowers growing now that the animals are here???? See if sprinkling garlic on things you don’t want eaten, works for the deer maybe it will work for the pademelons.

Ellen, I hope all goes as planned with the car and insurance etc. I received the invoice for my car and house insurance. With it they put a sheet explaining why the insurance had to go up – repairs are more expensive for new cars, too many fake claims, too many accidents while people are texting……….. what has that to do with my insurance I ask????????

Hi Doug and Bill !!

P.S.: Char, I hope the interview goes well for Brittney, that would be a nice job.

:wave: Uschi

Good morning again. Sun is shining, and it will be in the 70s. I have a few phone calls to make to doctor’s offices later this morning. Other than that I have no other plans for today.

Doug, The big green tree in the second photo used to have a branch directly over my house. That was taken down. The tree is so big, it is a threat to both our houses and should be removed. There were originally six big trees like that. Just before her husband died, she had all but one cut down. Ironically, I do not have any trees in front of my house. Just a few crepe myrtles in the backyard clumped together and my evergreen magnolia tree which is a miniature. The crepe myrtles are on the watch list and might hit the dust sooner than later due to a bad fungus. I am not a tree and shrub person…too much work.

Uschi, I am sad that John’s aunt has passed, but like you said relieved. They could not afford to place her in assisted living, so they had her in their living room to keep her off the stairs. It was so hard on her daughter and SIL.

Sylvia, Fall comes very late in North Texas. They burst out in color right around Thanksgiving. It always signals the holidays are starting. Love your photo, I can feel the love and happiness a thousand miles away.

Carolyn, Fish ponds are wonderful. I started off with koi, but ended up with goldfish who were so friendly and became pets. I used to just sit and watch them swim and listen to the water. So refreshing.

Annie, I read that there was a downpour somewhere in Australia where there were fires. I hope that was in your area.

Have a glorious Monday everyone!

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
                        "Imagination is more important than knowledge."- Einstein

:wave: Sunny here too, looks good. Was lovely yesterday when I walked on the trail at 4. 6c felt quite balmy!

Dancing this aft, will go just to get out, but still not very energetic. My experience on Friday aggravated my shoulder injury again, so pretty stiff.

Sorry about your shoulder Bill, I find I can lie on the other side with a pillow to support the affected arm, hope you can get some comfort.

Sorry for your loss Nancy, an unfortunate situation for all. Lovely trees!

Nice to see you Kay :heart:

Must get busy, am late up today, very interrupted sleep but did get some at last.

Greetings to all! :heart: :grouphug: :heart:

Cheers, Lynn
                        www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/lynn-macintyre
                        "Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Hiya! I’m home from town and putting my feet up for just a few minutes. While Brittany was being interviewed, I stopped by the Cultural Centre where I was teaching in the past few years. Nothing was going on, but I had a nice look around. There are shelves and shelves of pottery in some stage of completion. There are a half dozen potter’s wheels tucked under the shelves. Interesting work.

I dropped off the bags of clothing at the Thrift store for the Kids. And then took Brittany home. She’d called in “sick” at her job and didn’t want to be out in public, so I couldn’t take her for lunch. This job is perfect for her and I sure hope she’ll be considered. There are other applicants and we’ll just have to :crossfingers:.

Then, I stopped at the grocery store to pick up flour and oil. And bought Christmas cookies and chocolates; cheeses (mozzarella; parmesan and a tex-mex); sandwich buns and a box of Poppycock for Ted.

I have work to do in the Studio, so I’ll head down there shortly. My back is hurting and I want to rest it for a few minutes.

Nancy, I’m very sorry for your loss. Your trees are gorgeous!!!

My Mother’s best friend, Helen, had Alzheimer’s and she couldn’t remember anyone at all. But she was joyful. All the time. She lit up when any of us visited her. She continued to have her hair and nails done right until the day she passed away.

Uschi, our next appointment with the Transplant Team is in January. I’m hoping for good weather.

Yes, hoping for good weather re Jon’s visit at Christmas. It’s always been a struggle for them to come down here. And Ted’s just not well enough to drive up there. An hour’s drive to his appointments about does him in.

Sylvia, your Grands are handsome young men! And they sure do tower over you.

:wave: I hope to be able to check in again a little later. :grouphug:

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Wind Song

Hi Everyone:wave:

QS sorry to here about your grand daughter’s accident and surgery!

My sister is on her way to the Bahama’s for 2 weeks at this property
                            https://www.vrbo.com/3992118ha?adultsCount=4&arrival=2020-05-09&departure=2020-05-16

I went and bought a lot of fresh greenery, cedar, pine, douglas fir and things to arrange outdoor planters, and I think I will wait until tomorrow when it will be 10 degree’s out. :clap: I have a 5 foot planter to fill on my little front porch which is below my kitchen window and two large iron pots that sit on the patio!

:grouphug: to everyone that is under the weather :grouphug:

If the magic is with the artist, then the magic might also be possible for the observer!
                            Sharon

http://sharonamer.blogspot.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.