Home Forums Explore Subjects Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art Spacescapes and Farers..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Jaime9526

I have a dozen or so of these, I used to doodle them for my son at bedtime, but he’s in a videogame phase atm instead (I play some old Tomb Raider games and he drops off listening)
        They aren’t really finished, just sketches really, but thought I would share a couple. He’s basically the art director.

I really like the ship!

Jaime9526

I really like the ship!

Named by a preschooler…I still dunno why he named her that. The lighting is a bit off, and possibly perspective/scale.
            Glad you liked it. :)

talisman

These are great!
                The ship is so great i really like the mix of strait areas and the central hub, very cool,and the planet very wonderful with all the swirls on the big one. The moons are nice also good texture on them, craters and all.
                What is the medium?
                Also the size?

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                C and C always welcome.
                My DeviantArt Gallery

Jaime9526

These are great!
                    The ship is so great i really like the mix of strait areas and the central hub, very cool,and the planet very wonderful with all the swirls on the big one. The moons are nice also good texture on them, craters and all.
                    What is the medium?
                    Also the size?

Procreate on the iPad with a capacitive stylus (no pressure sensitivity, it’s not an iPad Pro…I used a rotring 800+ or my fingers.) about…twenty minutes a drawing maybe. He likes to use art software on his Nintendo ds to emulate my drawings.
                    Sizewise…they are quite high res, some of the others were too big to upload, at about 4096 pixels on the largest edge. No physical size, but were drawn on a tablet screen so slightly less than a4, but you can zoom in when drawing obviously.
                    The planet one is a somewhat compressed version of our solar system (when your art director says they want Jupiter, two moons, Mars and Earth, you give it to them in the hope they doze off some enough for you to go downstairs and watch Portrait Artist of the Year on Sky before bed.)

Jaime9526

Here’s a video I just uploaded of the drawing process. I feel I am revealing it’s less hard work than it looks xD

https://youtu.be/JQUEaJfvMRo

I added the video to my watch later list. These are very cool. There may be some perspective issues on the ship but it’s still very impressive! The planets look really good too. Sometimes we have to alter reality to make it fit our vision. lol

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                        Every painting is a new adventure.

talisman

I watched your video, thanks for posting that!
                            Cool to watch it take shape.
                            I really enjoyed the part on the nebula where you were adding in the negative spaces. That’s nice to know you can do that on digital.

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                            C and C always welcome.
                            My DeviantArt Gallery

Jaime9526

I watched your video, thanks for posting that!
                                Cool to watch it take shape.
                                I really enjoyed the part on the nebula where you were adding in the negative spaces. That’s nice to know you can do that on digital.

If anything it’s easier because of layers. I still work in what amounts to a traditional manner when using digital, which has advantages and disadvantages (full trained digital artists use custom brushes and layer masks and all sorts I never got the hang of after years of playing about) but it lets me do stuff like this…which I could only do with a lengthy process of painting or airbrushing (I assume…I have never had a proper go on one lol. Despite reading about them in my teenage years, when airbrush art was much more mainstream.) that I don’t have materials or space for. This way I can lay next to little mans bed and he can watch the drawings as they happen.
                                It’s quite funny, because I had no idea he was emulating me using his kindle tablet (ok..we share it, but it’s basically his at this point lol) and Nintendo ds. But one day he tottered up to show me something, and he too had dozens of planet drawings he had done in a very similar fashion….again, what would have been hours of getting paints ready and cleaning up, and all sorts of muddy messes, he had done himself independently. It’s great. He’s not even lost all his baby teeth yet, and already he’s there smudging and layering. He’s better than he is with paper and pencil. It’s a brave new world.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it…I might be able to do a video for the sci-fi channel one, depending how YouTube feel about nudity in artwork.

Attalus

Love the sky in #1

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

The colors are striking. Great stuff.

I like the old Tomb Raider games too. :)

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                                    Find me on Instagram
                                    Find me on Facebook

hmshood5

These are great! Love the exhaust on your ship and the striking colors on J
                                        Jupiter!

"All of us get lost in the darkness... Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"
                                        www.brianfioreart-aviartisa.com

Jaime9526

These are great! Love the exhaust on your ship and the striking colors on J
                                            Jupiter!

Thanks..and to all the other complimenting posts (is there a way to multiquote)

I just flicked through some of your work Hood, and I have one you are gonna find an amusing coincidence, if it lets me upload it…

I emailed to myself to resize it…as you can see I never finished this one, and the nebula can probably reveal one of the reasons for the subject xD
                                            (Little one says that Voyager 2 is his favourite space probe, but also likes New Horizons.)

hmshood5

Thanks..and to all the other complimenting posts (is there a way to multiquote)

I just flicked through some of your work Hood, and I have one you are gonna find an amusing coincidence, if it lets me upload it…[IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/10-Apr-2018/2055063-E3D153DF-EE51-49E8-AD2B-00DDCF2635F6.jpeg[/IMG]

I emailed to myself to resize it…as you can see I never finished this one, and the nebula can probably reveal one of the reasons for the subject xD
                                                (Little one says that Voyager 2 is his favourite space probe, but also likes New Horizons.)

Thanks for perusing my work! This probe is awesome!

hmshood5

That is an awesome painting! Love the blues and your probe!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.