WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Figure, The
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2006, 07:36 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Northampton

Hails from England
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Virtual Life Class No. 10 (Female Nude)...

Yes indeed...the VLCs have reached double digits...it's number 10!

Doesn't seem like over a year since we started these to me, but I've just looked back and it's actually 13 months today. I had a little look through some of the work produced too and there are some great drawings and paintings lurking in these VLC threads.

Seeing as I kicked it all off and was model number 1...it seems highly appropriate (to me at least ) that our model for the landmark 10th VLC should be none other than the lovely Mrs Shop.

As some of you know she actually models for the group that I attend in Rushden Northamptonshire....if anyone in the locale is looking for a life drawing group I would heartily recommend it. If however you're unable to make it to Rushden, we have the next best thing as some of this VLC's poses were shot at a couple of sessions with the group.

They usually only do long poses so I have taken different shots of the same pose from various positions around the work space.

The other set of poses here were shot at home and I thought I'd try something a little different.

I have taken a series of shots using the flash in order that we can see where things are and work on placement and alignment and so on and so forth...and then another shot of the same pose without flash so that we can see the fall of light and shade. I don't know if it will help or hinder so let me know.

Anyway...before we get on with the poses it's time for the traditional big red warning letters so that we don't get people inadvertantly stumbling upon nude images...ahem...you will encouter images featuring

Frontal Female Nude Poses

if you scroll down any further.

Right...now that's out of the way...let us proceed.....first the ones shot at home.....

Another couple...this time only without flash...

And now the ones from the actual life drawing group....pose 1 from various viewpoints.

And the same with pose 2....

Now...those of you familiar with both these VLCs and/or actual life drawing will know that it's common to wander around and take a look at everyone elses work. To this end many of the regulars at Rushden have agreed to let me show what they produced at the actual classes from which the above pose are taken....I won't post them all now but will post them from time to time during the lifetime of this thread. Here is the first, kudos is fine for these but I would ask that we don't crit them as they are here mainly to show what was done on the day and the artists are, by and large, not WC members.

This is by a fine chap called Paul and is pencil on paper.

Finally...I will be taking a few hand shots, and maybe one or two feet shots too in the next few days and I'll add them to the thread...the hand studies worked so well in VLC 9 that it seemed like a good idea to repeat it (thanks for the suggestion Pauline)

Right... before I go just time for a quick thanks to Vik (Mrs Shop) for agreeing to pose and to Pauline and Mr Malone for their help in building up the VLCs so far. Oh...and to remind you that if you feel like taking a shot at being the model then feel free to let Me or Pauline ( or possibly Mr Malone) know and we'll sort it out....remember...you don't have to be nude...we all need to be able to paint and draw people with their clothes on too!

Right...let's see if there's anyone out there faster than Mr Malone and his digithingy
My eBay
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2006, 08:08 PM
A Local Legend
South Carolina

Hails from United States
Re: Virtual Life Class No. 10 (Female Nude)...

A nice array of pics for this VLC Mouse! Your beloved makes a lovely model...and she's so still! I'm not sure I am able to do any drawing as yet-hand still doesn't want to move easily nor fingers hold onto pencil, pen or paintbrush for long stretches of time, but I'll be looking in on everyone else's contributions! Can it be 10 already???
Col. 3:23
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2006, 08:26 PM
A WC! Legend
the "Shallow South"

Your previous renditions of this lovely model have come nowhere near doing her justice, Mr. Shop. You will just have to rectify this with your next postings!

I still can't paint from online ref pix, but I might have a go with w/c pencils soon. (Then maybe I could paint from the sketch.) Thanks very much, and please thank the model for us, too!
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Lord of the Arts
Mould City - Australia

Hails from Australia

Great set of poses Mouse, lots of variety ..........I especially like the natural light shots. They give much deeper and softer shadows to play with.

I'm in, been looking forward to this one.

Thank Mrs Shop for us.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2006, 03:43 AM
Lord of the Arts
Mould City - Australia

Hails from Australia
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Re: Virtual Life Class No. 10 (Female Nude)...

Have only done the one quicky, but had to post just to get in ahead of Mark.

This is a 4b pencil in my sketch book. It took about 30 mins. I was trying to stay true to the life-class idea, no time for a face - sorry Mrs Shop!

On to the next one.................
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2006, 04:02 AM
Immortalized
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, U.K.

Hails from United Kingdom

Well done Mr S and Pauline on your 10th VLC. And what a super model.
I will endevour to have a go at this, but it seems I wont be the first.

Brad fantastic sketch here captured that pose really well, and some nice little squiggles in there to please my eye.
Ok going off to work now but shall return to do one of these on the ol' digithingy. Might try one with a tricky perspective, haven't done anything like that for a while.
Thanks Mr S for another great VLC.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2006, 06:46 AM
Lord of the Arts
Mould City - Australia

Hails from Australia
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Re: Virtual Life Class No. 10 (Female Nude)...

Thanks Mark............Had to post something since it looked like everyone else was asleep.

Here's my second attempt. Charcoal and chalk that took me about 30 mins. Not so happy with it, but thought I'd post anyway since it's supposed to be life-class. Wouldn't be able to stuff it up my jumper in the real thing!

#8   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2006, 07:55 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Northampton

Hails from England

Well now....it would appear that this season Brad is the new Mark.

Brad...what's not to like...for 30 mins work this is lovely...perhaps the forearm on Vik's left (our right) is ever so slightly Popeye-esque but I had to look for that. Love the first one too...great proportions and full of life...a really strong drawing. Love the way your line shifts it's weight.

Carol...I could never do Mrs Shop justice try as I might. But I will try again. I just don't have a flattering style.

Pam...would love you to join in however you can...pictures would be good...but words will suffice...well...more than suffice cos you're good with words too.

Mark....Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner.....you are a slow coach ( please read this in the sing songy mocking voice that 5 year olds use in the playground)
My eBay
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Lord of the Arts
Mould City - Australia

Hails from Australia

Thanks Mouse.......Glad you like them. The left arm sort of grew while I wasn't watching! I'm really having fun with the poses. Thanks Mrs S.

Last one for the night, - Going for my third yellow card! Got to do something in the wee hours now that there's no soccer to watch.

This one took longer, my second attempt at an ink and wash with a water colur pencil. I think this wet pencil thing has real potential, I just have to learn to keep it under control.

#10   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Immortalized

Brad I think you could be joining my list of favorite artists from WC. SOme fantastic work, the last one is a real winner, and apart from the aforementioned fore arm, I really like the 2nd piece too.
The last one is one of the poses I picked to do so will get on to that in due haste.

Mr S, thank you for your mocking post, I will endeavour to do better next time, ok my digithingy and Mrs S await, see you in a little while.
By the way I am betting the choice of attire chosen by Mrs S in these shots is commonplace at the moment due to the incredibly uncommon heatwave we are having...it only seems like 13 months ago I was moaning about the very same thing, ahhh!! doesn't time fly when you are constantly reading and replying to WC threads.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Canberra

Hails from Australia

These are great. Thanks.

Here are two from me that I've worked into my current series

Name:  abundance 007 rsz.jpg
Views: 7851
Size:  151.4 KB
Name:  abundance 008 rsz.jpg
Views: 7817
Size:  150.5 KB
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Immortalized

Ahh!! Stephen or should I say the Matisse of WC, colourful and lively studies, fantastic!!!

OK here is mine, thought I'd post the steps to my digi paiting so you can see how they are produced.

You may notice the last image looks a little sharper, that's as I adjusted the contrast in PS.

A close up:

Last edited by mark malone : 07-03-2006 at 12:16 PM.
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Immortalized

And a little B&W study.

#14   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Veteran Member
florida

Hails from United States

hey brad 1st 2 look good but that 3rd is great man you've been busy

mark the digythingy master the black and white one is wow
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2006, 03:52 PM
Veteran Member
florida

Hails from United States

ok well here is my 1st atempt but after seeing brads, marks and s clively's drawings i wasnt going to post mine but like brad said if this was a life class you wouldnt be able to hide it here goes

well just wanted to work on a line drawing hard soft thick thin thats what the yellow lines are when i got done had some time left so for some unknown reason i broke out the orange pencil about 20 min 9 x 12 c&c welcome

thanks to mr and mrs shop great poses
Attached Images