WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States
Re: "Round the Campfire" Februrary

Mornin' Campers!

Cyn - thanks for keeping the fire warm! Coffee's on, and today we're having southwestern omlets and home made hash browns. That comes with toast and home made apple butter.

Sorry I've missed the campfire, been totally crazy-busy here at work. It seems as soon as someone finds out I know how to do something, my desk gets piled.

Don and Donald - holy moly. Two campers to be unemployed. That's just not right! Stick around the campfire, I'll make sure y'all get fed! Seriously, sending prayers and good thoughts your way that this leads to more open doors than closed ones.

Donna - love the car! We had a red Corvair when I was a kid!

Jenna - love the bowler hat guy! And the baby is going in my reference library as well. I'm gonna give that one a shot later.

Weather here has been nothing short of fantastic. Mid 60's during the day, mid 30's for the over night lows. Although if we don't get any rain soon, we will not have flowers again this spring. Last spring we didn't have any wildflowers, and it really depressed me. Here's prayin' for rain!

Hello to the rest of the gang, enjoy your breakfast!
Hugs,
Kate
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Lord of the Arts
Henderson, NV

Hails from United States

Hi Everyone! Sounds like we should start a Job Wanted thread. With the huge network here - and on other forums - it would be a great way to get the word out about your skills.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hello everybody!

First, I feel I need to say that the photo of the Jersey calf is not my own photo. I found it through a Google search, so you can certainly use it for practice or for yourselves, but it may not be in the public domain. Just wanted to make sure you all knew that.

Hi Catherine. Hasn't this winter been something else? Even if we got a whiteout blizzard sometime soon, the winter will feel short because it's been above freezing more than below, it seems! Beautiful weather. I hope you liked Russ', er, "Bowler Hat Guy", story. He is a very verbal sort of character, and such fun to write.

Hi Donald. I really enjoyed your daughter's video! I'll bet she had a lot of fun doing that. The sepia was a great touch to the video. Great work!

Hi Donna. Don't time fly? What a great car! I love the red interior. Really nice!

Hi Jim. I just printed out your reference photo in color and in black and white. Really hoping to get time to start this weekend. Can't believe how the days tend to fill up. Sneezing Baby Panda is classic! I must have watched that one a dozen times. So cute! YouTube is a good way to lose time, but oh-so-fun. If you're looking for a funny one, search "Goat Yelling Like a Man"...that one makes me laugh, too. There are so many funny videos out there.

Hi Don. I am so sorry about the loss of your job. Not only is it difficult enough to lose your job, but with such short notice, too. You'll be in my prayers, too. I hope the right thing will come along quickly and give you some hope.

I should mention that little Jersey calf photo isn't my own, so it may not be free use. Just wanted to make sure you knew that. Of course, feel free to paint him anyway, for your own collection.

Hi Ron. Did you get a whiteout? I hope it wasn't too bad. It sounds like you've got a big weekend planned. The spare bedroom? You must be moving right along with the house updates?

Hi Marc. Oh yes, the weather has been outstanding! I can hardly believe it's February. It feels like it went from October to April with hardly a stop in between. Hope we don't have a very dry year. Historically, we've gotten enough rain in spring to last half the summer.

Hi CK. Thanks for checking out my blog. It means a lot. Oh yes, there is always room in the Cozy Red. If it gets too crowded, I can have Zeke, a book character of mine who is a carpenter, add on easily.

Your troubles with plein air painting make me smile. What are the odds that your two choices in subject have changed so much? I hope they get the water back on for you soon.

Hi Kate. The eggs I may have to pass on this time...I once tried the Atkin's Diet and ate eggs until I got so sick of them that I still don't enjoy them almost ten years later. The hash browns though? Yes, please! Yum! Thank you for the kind comments. So glad you like "Bowler Hat Guy". I know I mentioned this above, but please be aware that the calf photo is one I found in a Google search, so it may not be in the public domain. Hope you draw him for yourself, though.

Hi Linda. What's new with you?

Hi everyone else! I hope all is well with you. Have a good weekend. Those of you who are football fans (I think that's most all of us ), have fun watching the Super Bowl!

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Enthusiast
Fort Worth, TEXAS

Hails from United States

Jim, Ron, Marcus, CK, Kate and Jenna....thanks. I plan on restoring her from the inside out. She's in great shape for her age...but her age is startin to show

Donald, that just sux but I'll add you to my prayer list that you find a great job that you'll really love

Hola to everybody...it's been a crazy day and hubby is fixin to get home so I'll holler at y'all a little later!
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Catherine1

Evening everyone..

Don.. I'm sorry about your troubles with the university. I hope you find something quick. Keeping you in our prayers..

Jim.. I get to fish and paint too. Right now we are at Jupiter for a few days. There is a grand lighthouse I plan to paint while we do some shore fishing . I do cast it out and bait my own hook. When my line plays out I holler for Joe and he reels "My Fish" in. I've never fished the Atlantic side, just the Gulf. The water temps and currents are very different so the species vary somewhat. We catch and release.

Ron... Ashley's mono looks great! She's really doing well with just being shown how. Bet she is really happy to have someone to show her the ropes.

Donna, That is one down right darling machine... I miss real cars.

Jen.. I'm already thinking that we didn't get enough of a freeze to kill off the creepy crawly critters. But I would take more of them if the weather stays unseasonable.. It was 65 when we left home. can't wait to see your oil painting for Jim's class. Have fun watching the game!

Kate... Its been days since I have had a good cup of coffee. Makes me miss home. The coffee here at the resort has a wonderful aroma to it but no way am I paying the price they want for a one cup. I feel like Ma Kettle cause I'm going to sneak a Mickey D cup past the bell hop tomorrow.

Markus.. gosh.. I hope you all get some rain/snow soon.. I'll wish for rain for you.. snow is ok only if its 70 when it does it so I'll send up a rocket and salt a cloud or two for ya. Joe said he wanted to travel.. so we are.. Sedona is booked.. fishing already taken care of and I hear there is lots to paint.

Ck.. Hope to see your plein aire here... the one with water and without.

Hey Lisa.. Jim.. Donald... and others I have missed. Its been a long day.. Hope everyone has a good evening.
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Enthusiast
West Michigan

Hails from United States

Happy Saturday all! Thought I might get "west and wewaxation" (If you don't get it, think Elmer Fudd). I got one of those emergency "can you work over the weekend on my project calls" and promised to paint sets for my daughters skits at church.

Don, sorry to hear that your teaching gig ended. Being self employed just about all my life, I have been on that zero income edge a few times. That is not a good feeling. Like others I will be praying for you.

Jenna, "Goat Yelling Like a Man". Her husband's name must be Bob. Poor guy. Anna stubbed her toe the other day, real bad. So my son Googles "cute puppies" right away to make her feel better. I guess that's what girls need to feel better. Guys need seeing someone getting hurt worse than them, so I Google "bike accident".

Donna, How come your baby looks better than his? Both are cool. I used to restore Mustangs at one job, Vettes at another.

Catherine, "I feel like Ma Kettle cause I'm going to sneak a Mickey D cup past the bell hop tomorrow." Go for it!

Marcus, just take the time off and watch the game. I read an article about having a healthy Super Bowl party. Eat veggies and exercise at half time. Yeah right!

Hi everyone else!
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2012, 11:15 AM
A WC! Legend
Tampa, Florida

Hails from United States

Quote:
Catherine, "I feel like Ma Kettle cause I'm going to sneak a Mickey D cup past the bell hop tomorrow."
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Lord of the Arts
Henderson, NV

Hails from United States

Catherine - when will you be in Sedona? My sister and I are doing a PA workshop w Michael c Johnson the last week in march. Should be fantastic in just about every way. Cheers to all this fine Saturday morning!
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Enthusiast
Fort Worth, TEXAS

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim56

Donna, How come your baby looks better than his? Both are cool. I used to restore Mustangs at one job, Vettes at another.

He only paid $650 for his!
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Lord of the Arts
New Mexico

Hails from United States

hi gang.. I have figured out how to type with two hands, but the sling still gets in the way and sometimes pushes keys and starts trouble... the other day, all of a sudden my computer was narrating everything it did... couldn't get out of a screen so pushed "esc" key, (over and over) and my computer started saying "escape, escape escape"... it's sort of like when your kid brother used to mock you by repeating everything you said and did... I didn't even know I had a narrator!! and I found out my computer is a guy!!!

so much going on with everybody.... for you car buffs, my big brother restored a 1953 Mercedes convertible - black with dove gray leather interior and chrome everywhere.. so sweet. He likes it so much I have not gotten to ride in it yet.

Went against Dr.'s orders and walked about 4 miles today... just had to get out of the house! We had something like 8-10 inches of snow (forecast was for less than half inch- ha!) and couldn't get out of our driveway and road till this morning because they had not plowed, and it was wicked icy underneath.

The chicken painting and another still life were in an auction today... For some reason, a bidding war started on the chicken painting (you can just never figure out these things) and it sold for almost double the listed price - very thankful for that.. and the loser in the bidding war emailed about doing a comnmission with similar idea.... haven't heard about the still life yet, but I'm sure one of my friends there will let me know what happened. I miss being at this auction.. it is a black tie deal, in New Hampshire, in February, so you would put on your strappy gown with your up-do (the gals will know what I mean) and then get your down jacket and snow boots, and carry in your little high heels to change into... so funny...it was always lots of fun.. great food, a lively auctioneer who just knew how to draw out the crowd, and an audience who was acutally there to buy art... It still never ceases to amaze me that people are still spending money on art in this economy...

Anybody watching the super bowl?
my blog
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Enthusiast
Fort Worth, TEXAS

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrunner
my computer started saying "escape, escape escape"... it's sort of like when your kid brother used to mock you by repeating everything you said and did... I didn't even know I had a narrator!! and I found out my computer is a guy!!!

OMG!! I cannot stop laughing!!

Congrats on the sale!
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi there everyone!

Hi Donna. Have fun fixing up your car! I'd love to see the "after" photo.

Hi Catherine. Yes, the bugs seem to be enjoying this winter almost as much as us. We've had an ongoing fly problem in the house. We use a woodstove, and whenever we throw wood into the basement, we seem to get a new flock of flies. Have fun watching the game, yourself!

Hi Jim. It sounds like you'll be busy painting this weekend. I'll bet the sets you paint are extraordinary! Have fun. No time for the Super Bowl, or do you get to stop for that?

I'm glad you got a kick out that goat video. It always makes me laugh.

Hi Robert.

Hi Linda.

Hi Deb. I'm glad to hear things are getting a bit easier for you. I absolutely laughed out loud when I read about your guy computer narrating for you! Too funny! I had no idea there was a function like that on computers. Were you able to turn it off? I can imagine how annoying it could be. Don't overdo with that shoulder, girl!

Congratulations on the sale! How exciting! Sorry you were unable to go to the auction. Hope you can get to the next one.

I'll probably be watching the Super Bowl, or at least some of it. We'll see. I'm not really cheering one team or another...but I wouldn't mind of the Patriots won.

Hi to everyone else! Have a great Sunday!

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States

*Clang* *Clang* *rattle* *rattle* *crash* (Banging pots and pans icons)

WAKE UP CAMPERS!!!!

OH! Except for Deb, she needs her rest!! Go back to sleep Deb!

Howdy!! Hope this bright, beautiful Monday morning finds everyone well!

Coffee's on, pancakes, sausage, and orange slices. Prickly pear syrup to go with it, or good ol'e maple for those who are afraid of the prickly pears!

Kate
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetlesaab
OMG!! I cannot stop laughing!!

Congrats on the sale!
Now this was way too funny!!!!

congrats from me too on the sale.

Kate
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Immortalized
Heart of Missouri's Outback!

Hails from United States

Jenna - I'm glad you like the video. We have the last 2 parts ready to upload, but it will be tomorrow before I can do that.

Donna G - Thanks! I'll take all the prayers I can get. I keep feeling like God is telling me, that there are BETTER places to work than my current company.

My parents had 2 covairs, a 60 and a 65. I think the 60's heater ran off the gas. Instant heat in the winter.

Donald