WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Denver,CO

Hails from United States
Re: * Round the Campfire - August*

Deb, Nice photos, thanks for sharing. I must have missed the fishin' report.
Ron, Always welcome in Denver but Tod Helton just did a stint with the Casper Ghosts. You guys been up there?
Cheyenne is always a good time but you guys should check out the Black Hills Stampede in Belle Fourche, SD, Fourth of July weekend.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Enthusiast
Kentucky

Hails from United States

Robert the last image in the blog was the final version. Went as a gift to a retired dairy farm couple for their 50th wedding anniversary, parents of a friend of ours, and it was a quite a hit, especially after everyone realized I was the actual artist.

With the hot weather keeping me "housebound" for about 22 out of 24 hours a day I'm about ready to get back to some artwork I think. I'm "doodling" a bit now with another milk can piece. This one is on it's side and I think I might put a cottontail inside the can itself.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2010, 01:28 AM
A Local Legend
southeast Wyoming

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artquez
Ron, Always welcome in Denver but Tod Helton just did a stint with the Casper Ghosts. You guys been up there?
Cheyenne is always a good time but you guys should check out the Black Hills Stampede in Belle Fourche, SD, Fourth of July weekend.

Glad to see ya join the campfire!

We get to Denver once or twice a year. Love that huge artstore down there- Mesingers (not spelled right). I still need to visit Terry Ludwigs place and buy some more pastels!

I have never been to Rockies or Casper baseball games. Would be fun to go someday even though Im not a huge baseball follower. Rodeo your talkin about sounds fun. I have good friends from college that live in black hills...... could make for a fun roadtrip for July 4 next year!

Come join us in the Southwest/Western forum
My art blog

Last edited by rugman : 08-06-2010 at 01:32 AM.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Enthusiast
Northern Colorado (almost Wyoming!)

Hails from United States

Mornin', everyone!

I'm glad you enjoyed the pics. We are going back into the Rawahs tomorrow, up the McIntyre Trail to Shipman Park, where the elk herds congregate in the summer. I'll try to post more pics after that.

Haha, Artquez, no time for fishing this trip! Some beautiful trout up there, though, and when we stopped for lunch at Lake 1 we watched them come up to the shoreline, looking at us looking at them! Maybe next time!

We have 3 of the teenagers again this weekend. Well, Josh has been here all week, but it's kinda feeling like he lives here by now! Football camp starts next week, though, so we won't see as much of him after that. Now Katie (my neice) and her friend Carolyn are coming this afternoon to spend the weekend, too. I guess it will be their last riding fling before they head back to school. Love having them, but my, those kids can eat!!!!! You wouldn't know it, looking at the girls, as slim as they are, but they can put it away!

Although we've enjoyed the kids alot over the summer, it will be kinda nice to have our normal life back......if you can say our life is EVER really normal!

I love the Black Hills....haven't been there for ages. Lots to see around there.

Ron, are your kids back from camp yet?

Well, I hear Josh stirring, so best go get breakfast started. Talk to ya all, later; have a great weekend!
My website & My Art Blog
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Ron, I'm glad your kids had fun! Sounds like they wore themselves out at camp! I'm sorry to hear your wife has headache problems, too. Thanks for the kind words.

Deb, wow, that beautiful country you have there! It looks like a very inspiring thing to ride horses there and take in the scenery! Thanks for sharing the excellent photos! Sounds like you've been a great influence for those teens and it sounds like they enjoy spending time with you.

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Cumberland Plateau TN

Hails from United States

I thought I'd add another tractor to the collection. This one belongs to my step-dad. Those are great photos everyone is posting of the beautiful West. Doc
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Great looking tractor, Jim!

#23   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2010, 12:49 AM
A Local Legend
southeast Wyoming

Hails from United States

Doc Jim- purdy tractor! thanks for posting it

Deb- been enjoying your riding photos! kids were home on Wed, tired and wore out.

Jenna- better get busy and get some art done!!! Get out of that nasty slump your in. Easyier said than done, I know. I think we have all been there at some time.

Come join us in the Southwest/Western forum
My art blog
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2010, 02:15 AM
Resting in Peace
Clark, Wyoming

Hails from United States

Wow! I remember Farmalls from when I was a kid on the family farm. This is certainly one well-cared for beauty!

God blessed me with the gift to create art. It is both my joy and my purpose to use that talent to His glory.
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Enthusiast
Northern Colorado (almost Wyoming!)

Hails from United States

I don't dare show that tractor pic to the MB! He will covet it, for sure!!!
My website & My Art Blog
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Ron, you're right! I need to just hang onto a pencil and stare at a blank page for a change. Let the creativity flow.

#27   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Enthusiast
West Michigan

Hails from United States

Deb, Really nice pictures of your ride. That is a skill I wish I had.

Staycation update: We spent one day at Ludington on Lake Michigan. Swam in the big lake and shopped the antique stores. No great pictures as I left my camera in the car. So the coolest thing I saw was this truck and my wife let me borrow her point and shoot.

A couple days were spent in Toledo visiting my mom and my niece who just had a baby.

Instead of a major league Detroit Tigers game we opted for a minor league game (one third of the cost and only 20 minutes away instead of 2.5 hours). A number of the Tigers are injured anyway (hence the loosing streak) and we got to see one of those recovering players play in the minor league game we saw.

All in all it was a great family week. It is an easy way to let each kid pick out something they wanted to do. It is hard to find an affordable vacation destination that 2 teenagers and a young adult child all agree on.
Attached Images

#28   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2010, 10:57 PM
A WC! Legend
Tampa, Florida

Hails from United States

except for the sky, and touch ups on the isles, this is what the mural looks like -

#29   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Jim, sounds like you've had a great time on your staycation! Great old pickup, too. I'm glad everyone got a little something to do of their own choosing.

Robert, the drawing is excellent! I love the tree!

#30   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-09-2010, 02:04 AM
A WC! Legend
ARIZONA/COLORADO

Hails from United States

Hi Everyone.

Ron that is a neat photo. I'll have my coffee black, thank you. Sounds like you have had a busy summer. Short staycations are good too. I bet the kids enjoyed Estes Park. We had a family reunion up there one year. My niece worked for the college and we rented their facilities. Had a blast.

Hi Sharon. Hope your enjoying your summer.

Hi Bumpa. Nice to see you back. Stay happy and safe my friend.

Hi Jim56. Hope your staycation gave your family a good time. I like the new word. I also like the truck photos, their really neat.

Hi Lisa. Yes we are enjoying the monsoon rains whenever we get them, but no rain today. I thing so far we have gotten about 5" of rain over the past month.

Hi Deb. I used to love going to Cheyene Frontier days and I remember the Chuck wagon races. Scary but fun. I love the photos you have been posting. The country is beautiful. We may head up for a couple of weeks if all goes well with Bob's checkup ( heart ) tomorrow. We will have to wait and see. Are your photos up for us to paint? I hear you on teenagers eating. My girlfriend used to say her son had frostbite of the ears from his head being in the refrig all the time.

Hi Jenna. Sorry you are so bothered with the headaches. I hear you on this site. It is acting quite flaky and not counting comments in the threads. I'm writing this in Word, so if it doesn't post I can try again later. Jenna, you realy do need to get the pencils moving again. I miss your art.

Hi Ann. So how are you enjoying your new surroundings? Some beautiful photos of your area that you posted. I went and looked up Clark, Wy and I see where some oil company contaminated a lot of the wells up there. I hope it didn't effect you.

Hi Artquez. Welcome to the campfire and glad you joined in.

Hi Doc. I also like the tractor picture. It looks brand new or fully restored.

Hi Robert. Wow, beautiful piece of art.

Not much new around here. I did get 2 paintings done for our challenge here and I put 2 in the Watercolor studio (Gouache Challenge) and did one tonight for the Watercolor Studio ( W/C Challenge ). I also did 2 flower paintings for the Floral Challenge, but we can't post those until the 25th. So I've been a busy little camper. Lets all hope they get the bugs worked out of this WC migration. Stay happy and creative......Lenore
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in, broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, WOW, What a ride! Anonymous -MRSBB (Lenore)