WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Enthusiast
Fort Worth, TEXAS

Hails from United States
Re: Round the Campfire ~ July

Jenna, even Floyd was hiding under his shelf cause he was too hot !

That bird is a Guinea (sp?) They're pretty weird

LOVE that bear!!!!!!

We had a white buffalo down here (that somebody killed ) and it looked just like that. I was thinking they turned brown as they got older...not sure, but they are very sacred to the American Indians
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2013, 10:43 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Henderson, NV

Hails from United States

Nice photos Jenna. That does look like a white buffalo, as Donna said the white ones are sacred to the American Indians. I have never seen one in person.

Well it's still hot here, what a surprise. I envy you Linda for being in Colorado, you picked a great time to be out of Vegas.

I will be painting more small ATC's for the trade today. I hope to avoid going outside. Dang, it won't be cool here until October.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi Donna. Whew, that's hot alright! Thanks for the info on the bird. I'm glad you like the photos. Isn't that bear hilarious? I wasn't sure, but yes, after googling it, the bison does look like a white bison. What a great sight! I too have heard they are very sacred to American Indians.

Hi Lola. Thanks for the input; I was thinking it maybe was a white bison. Are you still getting the record heat? Hang in there.

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Wyoming

Hails from United States

JENNA~ thanks so much for the comment! I really enjoyed drawing using the stippling method. I hope to do some more drawings using this method.

LOLA~ Thank you I hope the temperatures drop a little bit for all of you guys down there. Keep cool.

RICK~ Thanks so much for the comment.

SCATDADDY~ I have a folder that I keep all of my art work in to keep it safe. I still have a notebook that I had started when I was a lot younger and when I look at it I cant believe how much I have progressed.
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States

Howdy gang!

Jenna, love the pics! Guineas are noisy birds, people around here - ranchers and farmers raise them for lookouts. When something or someone is on what they view as their home range, they make a LOT of racket. Usually allows the homeowner to run off whatever has invaded. They eat the eggs too, just like a large chicken egg.

Here's a link to a thread in the animal forum, I posted my drawing there. It would qualify as southwest as well, but my time on this dang 'puter is very limited anymore. so I'll just post a link, and everyone can follow along from there if they choose to. I'm not going to guarantee a lot of posts there, just occasional updates.

K, gonna bail. But here's the link!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show...readid=1322795

Have a great weekend!
Kathy
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Enthusiast
Fort Worth, TEXAS

Hails from United States

Kathy, that is so cool! And I already love the bunny!!!!!!!!
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Enthusiast
Fort Worth, TEXAS

Hails from United States

Have a funny story to share. The other day at work my co-worker called me over to see the end of a raccoon tail going into our compactor. I ran over and banged on the side and yelled trying to get it to come back out but to no avail. SO...I decided to try and pull some of the plastic (that comes off the wrapped pallets of product) out so he would be able to come back out of the hole he crawled into. Well, I didn't really have a long stick or anything and the ram that pushes the trash into the container was all the way back and there is a pretty big and deep gap between the platform and the edge of the container so I grabbed a broom. My genius self was holding onto the bristles and trying to pull the plastic down when it slipped. Not much to hold you up when you're grabbing onto the bristles of a broom and I came very, VERY close to falling into the compactor! My body overrode my brain and I collapsed onto the platform to keep from falling.

I had to go change the battery in my forklift and when I got back the maintenance guy was dumping a bunch more plastic in so I don't know if the raccoon made it out or not. They came and emptied it the next day so maybe he rolled out when they dumped it and he found a new home. All I got was a nasty bruise on my butt!
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2013, 10:34 PM
A Local Legend
southeast Wyoming

Hails from United States

Donna- so was there a real raccoon in there? I was anticipating the end of your story saying how your co-workers tricked you by sticking a raccoon tail in there, making it appear there was a coon stuck

Jenna- that scratchboard is amazing! Cool wildlife photos.

With Ashley now on site here, I feel obliged to behave myself. We'll see how long this good boy image lasts She has begged me for a couple years to have her own account. Since she got 4.0 grade average, and is good kid, I figured it would be ok (under dads over -protective supervision, of course!)

Hi to everyone else

Come join us in the Southwest/Western forum
My art blog
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Enthusiast
Fort Worth, TEXAS

Hails from United States

Ron, it was a real life raccoon. I felt SO bad that it got in there. It seemed like everybody in the dang building had to come dump trash that day. I just hope he made it out okay
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2013, 01:09 AM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Evening everyone!

Hi Ashley. I'm happy you enjoyed stippling so much. I really enjoy it too. I have been noticing the dog in your avatar picture; did you paint that? If so, it's really beautifully done!

Hi Kathy. Thanks so much! That's interesting about the Guineas. They sound like they have their purpose in life. Your rabbit drawing WIP is wonderful! Such a pretty little bunny! Keep us posted on that.

Hi Donna. Whew, that is quite a story. How does a raccoon find his way into a place like that? I hope he made it okay. I'm glad you're ok!

Hi Ron. Thank you so much! I'm happy you like the board and the photos. Yes, now you will have to behave yourself!

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Enthusiast
Fort Worth, TEXAS

Hails from United States

Jenna, the way he went in it looked like he'd done it a few times before
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2013, 08:54 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Henderson, NV

Hails from United States

Kathy - that is a sweet bunny. I'm looking forward to watching the finish.

Donna - that story about the raccoon is something else. I have a feeling he escaped and will be back for more munchies.

I went to Boulder City today to see if the Desert Sheep were out at the park, but it was not hot enough (!) for them to be there. When I'm able to get some pics of them I'll share with you campers.
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Veteran Member
Northern CA

Hails from United States

Lola, my sister just moved to Boulder City last winter. She goes to Coeur d'Alene, ID for the summer. Before she left she took some pictures of those sheep. I'll see if I can track them down.
I just push the paint around while the painting pushes me.
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-08-2013, 12:13 AM
A Local Legend
southeast Wyoming

Hails from United States

On July 1st, we were in mountains, fishing. Nice and cool! Just thinking of our friends in southwest melting in the heat

later dudes and dudettes.......

Come join us in the Southwest/Western forum
My art blog
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-08-2013, 03:13 AM
Veteran Member
Northern CA

Hails from United States

That's Wyoming!! Love it so much!
I just push the paint around while the painting pushes me.