WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Lord of the Arts
Henderson, NV

Hails from United States
Re: Round the Campfire - June

Lisa that is a classic MP moment! I personally love the Dead Parrot routine. And the Ministry of Silly Walks. Oh and the Lumberjack Song.... I have to say, tho, that the funniest thing I've ever seen - on TV - is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qqE_WmagjY

Although the Ed Ames hatchet throwing incident on Johnny Carson runs a very close second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udNnqnR1QvI

The wabbit is still with us. No sign of any wabbit friends. We are keeping a close eye out for the Mad Hatter but so far no sign of him.
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hmmmm...I've never seen Monty Python, though I've heard of it. I am getting the feeling I'm missing something here...

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States

Howdy campers!

Another quick flyby....but I've been reading.

Jenna - congratulations on getting into that show!! Proud of ya girl!!

Deb - I was thinking about you when I heard about that fire. Prayers and good thoughts to you and your beautiful state of New Mexico. The earth will recover - family and friends will to, it will take time. There's beautiful undergrowth coming up under burned trees that look like burnt match sticks in the are of the 2011 Wallow fire. Not so comforting right now I know, but Mother Nature is truly resilient. Be safe Deb, you are in my thoughts.

I've been absent from WC, but I've been drawing still. I have another on the drawing board, this one is going to be graphite. There's method to my madness here - If I tell y'all I'm working on one, it is incentive to make me continue. I know you all will bug me until I get it done, right??? Anyway, it's in the development stages. I also started an e-mail newsletter, and that is keeping me accountable. What fun!!

K gang, y'all keep the campfire warm (or cool????) and have a great day!

Kathy
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi Kathy! Thanks so much! You'd better keep at that new drawing, girl! Go on, get drawing. Just teasing you of course.

#35   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Lord of the Arts
Henderson, NV

Hails from United States

What the .....? I just got 375 notifications of comments on threads going back to 5/19! Not a problem on my laptop, but deleting them from my iphone is gonna be a real pain! Just changed my settings so it won't happen again - but did this happen to anyone else?
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-05-2013, 11:54 AM
Enthusiast
eastern South Dakota

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine1
Lisa... I've just spent an hour watching Monty Python.. Its been.. lets see.. late 70's since I've seen it. Loved the show.. Now I know how best to waste my time.. .lol.. bookmarked the page.

Ha! I know! The first time I saw MP and the Holy Grail was with a group of college friends when I was about 18; one of them was my boyfriend, and they were all quite different from the farm guys I hung with. They are still known as the "Camelot Guys." We watched lots of Monty Python movies and got kicked out of a campus Halloween dance one year for taking real, homemade weapons (axes and swords). Our vehicle was a transformed hearse with some kind of antlers affixed to the front.

They still play D&D (or have book club or play dates as they call it) once a month or so. Total nerds--still great friends of mine today. Ahh, memories. . .

Last edited by Lisa M : 06-05-2013 at 12:15 PM.
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Enthusiast
eastern South Dakota

Hails from United States

Kathy--How's the current project coming? (You said you needed a push now and again. . . . )

Jenna--I'm sure you can find the Monty Pythons via Netflix or local video store if you don't like watching on your computer screen. (I never watch movies or shows online--too small). Monty Python and the Holy Grail is my favorite. . . . The camelot guys and I also watched The Princess Bride about a million times back in the days. . . . The humor there is much lighter, quite silly.

I've seen that hatchet scene before but not the elephant one--pretty hilarious for such a demure, conservative era. More procrastination. . . .

But mostly I just checked in to look at the kitten photos again, Jenna. (Three kitties for Jim--thank you!) How adorable!

Last edited by Lisa M : 06-05-2013 at 12:16 PM.
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-05-2013, 02:01 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Henderson, NV

Hails from United States

Oh gosh, I love Monty Python; the Lumberjack song is one of my all time favs.

This morning I heard one of my house cats scream. Hmmm. I think it was one of the girls. (I am owned by 3 females, 1 male cat). So I went into the other room and there's Armand with a fresh nick on his nose. Silly kitty never learns...he's bigger than the other cats but likes to pick (short) fights with them and he is always the loser. I never see a mark on any of the girl kitties.
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Enthusiast
Fort Worth, TEXAS

Hails from United States

Linda, that Carol Burnett ep was classic. Actually, they all were I feel sorry for kids now a days that didn't get to grow up with such great stuff....crap, now I sound like an old lady.
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Enthusiast
Fort Worth, TEXAS

Hails from United States

If I tried this, I'd end up in the ER:

#41   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Lord of the Arts
Henderson, NV

Hails from United States

Somehow I doubt John Cleese could do that anymore either.
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi everyone.

Hi Linda. Whoa! That must have been alarming to find in your inbox. I have sometimes gotten delayed notifications from WetCanvas, but not that many. Wow!

Hi Lisa. Thanks for the tip on watching Monty Python. I'm so happy you enjoyed the photos of the kittens...aren't kitties the sweetest?

Hi Lola. Cats can make such a terrible scream when they need to, can't they? My Oliver will screech enough to stun if I step near his tail. When I step on it, brace yourself!

Hi Donna. Funny picture!

#43   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Catherine1

Morning gang.. Coffees on! Just reg old fashion store bought.. But better than nothing kind of coffee. Ran out of the good stuff. Have to remedy that later on today.

Just a quickie, wondering where everyone is at this week?!

Deb.. hope your still at home and the fire is under control and your out of harms way.

Donna.. Yeah.. Wait! Before you try that little kick thing.. I wanna sell tickets. .. it will help with the med bills.

Hi Linda.. Many posts I made a week ago have disappeared some where.. Gremlins abound here.. thank goodness that there the artist kind.

Jen.. Hows preperations coming along.. I can't remember did you tell us what day the big event is on?

Hello to everyone I missed! Take care and have a wonderful day!
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Good morning everyone!

Hi Catherine. Thanks for the coffee...I'm not usually a coffee drinker, but it sounds rather good today. The preparations are going great. There's much to plan, as many of you know, but I'm really enjoying the process. The event takes place on August 10, so I have some time to gear up. Have a great day!

#45   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Lord of the Arts
Henderson, NV

Hails from United States

Morning all - hunkering down here for a hot day: 111 or so, which does not bode well for the rest of the summer. Will be happy to head for Colorado where it will be 70 or so at Tara's house. Meantime, we continue our duel w the mortgage company. I asked them several days ago for a final settlement number so I can wire the funds to them. No response so I asked again yesterday - they sent a msg back asking how much we've put down in deposits so far so they could figure out a number.
???? Don't they keep track of these things? It seems the mortgage industry hasn't exactly improved since it helped to implode the economy.
Am hoping no news is good out of New Mexico.
Catherine I think all those posts that disappeared ended up in my box. Let me know if you want any of them back....
So nobody else got an email dump from WC?
Better get going - the list for today keeps growing, including a trip to the dentist, always a fave.
Good morning to the rest of the denizens!