WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Enthusiast
Owensboro,KY.

Hails from United States
Re: Round the Campfire ~ February

Howdy, folks!

Not much to report here. Got a couple inches of snow yesterday and sure made it nice out walking the dogs before the sun was up and just that stillness and quiet you get after a fresh snow. But, it's mostly gone as of now.

They're talking maybe another chance sometime this week. I'm the type, that if it's gonna be a cold winter, might as well have snow on the ground. As long as we never see an ice storm like we had a few years ago...the trees around here still don't look right after nearly every one of them sustained some kind of damage.

Jo: Thanks for that link...listening to it right now. She's great...and her dad,well, you gotta love Willie.

Sharon: I hear ya on the ink. Back when I was airbrushing Harley's and the like, I was leaned out over a car hood painting something and spilled the whole contents of my airbrush. Luckily I was in the shop and the only one that saw it was me. I was able to fix it...but, whew!!!

Jenna: All the best with your book endeavor. I have a cousin who has spent the last 7 years working on an 80,000 word novel and is sending out manuscripts as we speak.
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Enthusiast
Fort Worth, TEXAS

Hails from United States

I feel bad for y'all up in all that freezing weather it was so nice here yesterday this is what my hubby and me did:

The one in front is mine...2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer. Her name is Bella
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Enthusiast
Owensboro,KY.

Hails from United States

Donna: Yeah, yeah, rub it in... That's a sweet bike, by the way.

Todd
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Enthusiast
Fort Worth, TEXAS

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippedlid
That's a sweet bike, by the way.

Thank you, thank you I LOVE that bike!
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2013, 10:15 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi Todd. Like you, I don't mind some snow on the ground; it's prettier than a drab, sleeping world of brown! Yikes, that ice storm sounds pretty serious! Thanks so much for the nice words. Congratulations to your cousin! That's incredible! I hope he/she has wonderful success with the novel.

Hi Donna. Awesome bikes! I know absolutely nothing of bikes (well, I went on a date with a guy who gave me a 3 hour ride on his motorcycle, but that's the extent of my knowledge), but I love the style of yours! It has an awesome vintage feel to it, and I love anything vintage. Glad you've been enjoying the weather!

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-05-2013, 02:36 AM
A Local Legend
Scottsdale, AZ USA (do I get a flag?)

Hails from United States

FOOT PRINTS... not as nice as the picture looks, but I have to stop so it can dry.
It is being donated to an arts group for kids. Hope the auctions makes them a bundle. I really worked way harder than the stipend...

And I got a quicky pup pic:

Just sent the first scan to the client.

I stopped by my Buffalo place. MAN how I get depressed. One only hopes that hanging on a wall means somebody might buy one... maybe ONCE?

I have to go back tomorrow as the wife is the more by the book one. The gentleman in charge is one of those idea men....
I am going to do more demos but he is all jazzed now that I should do minis that would fit in the frames of his other crafter who makes leather photo frames. I would almost rather just print MY stuff to put in the frames to get something going. The idea of minis on demand is sort of a bummer. One more great idea. (Actually, as an artist, it sort of hard to STOP thinking of ideas. It seems that it is almost all I do. What I WANT is for one to pan out. Not more ideas!!!)

I hate posting so late. I am always mad that I can't sleep.

Tuzi: How is Chester?
Jenna: Thanks for asking....I spent MOST of yesterday really having a bad day of NOT seeing the cat at every turn. Socks stayed where they were left on the floor. I ate my chicken nuggets in silence. When I walked in rooms, no matter what I was doing, I didn't step on anyone. BUT I have been much better for days at a time. Probably not sleeping because my guts are not in rhythm without purring.....

dj*
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi DJ. That chair is just wonderful. But the dog!! It's just fabulous! Just today, I was in a gift shop that had a resident German shepherd - he was one of the most enormous and beautiful dogs I'd ever seen. It was as if he was part bear. Just huge! Anyway, you really captured a personality and curiosity. It's amazing. One of my favorites of yours. Well done!! So sorry to hear you're having such a rough time without your small feline friend being there with you. It's so tough to have such a quiet house, I know.

#38   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-06-2013, 01:42 AM
Lord of the Arts
Henderson, NV

Hails from United States

DJ - love the pup! Trying not to think about a silent house - nobody to step over, nobody slobbering on my foot as I eat. It would be hard.
But the news is good. Went to the vet today - she did her acupuncture and chiro for him in the back of our car, out in the parking lot, so we wouldn't have to move him! It's a real hail Mary, but he's rallied before after she's done her magic. And already he seems better - able to walk around a bit, tho still wobbly, and nowhere near as distressed as he was. So we'll see.
Getting a lot of painting done as I don't want to leave him alone for long and it's that or clean the house.
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Enthusiast
West Michigan

Hails from United States

Hi all!

Sorry to be so absent but the back has been acting up again. Too little sleep and I take on a new personality that no one seems too happy with (even me). The doc is a bit puzzled and thinks it is the bed. So we have a new one on order. Next in line is an electric desk that lifts for standing and back down for sitting. I have even seen where people have a standing desk and walk on a treadmill while they work. That won't be me.

Jenna, congratulations on the book. I bet you are excited. Nice book cover too!

Donna, Bella is really a hot machine! Like Todd, I used to custom paint. I usually offer a flame job but your bike look perfect the way it is. I love that little bit of red against the black.

DJ, the tiger chair is so cool. I hope they get a lot for it and it doesn't come back to bite you in the butt. Couldn't help myself on that one. Now I am reading old posts and someone beat me to that joke. Sorry Jim.

Linda, sorry to hear Chester is having such a hard time. I hope the treatments give him some comfort.
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Enthusiast
West Michigan

Hails from United States

Headline just in! Monopoly fans vote to add cat, toss iron tokens What is this world coming to!
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi everyone! I'm 25 years old today. Went on a bit of a shopping spree yesterday to celebrate and had a great time!

Hi Linda. So sorry that Chester is struggling so much. I'm glad the trip to the vet helped him some. He sounds like a real fighter. Hang in there.

Hi Jim. I'm so sorry to hear about your back acting up. I hope the new bed helps you. Take good care of yourself. Hope you feel better soon. Sounds like you're feeling pretty miserable. Thanks for the kind words on my book. I'm so happy you like the cover...you have expertise in that area I know, so it means a lot! And as for the cat Monopoly piece, could be worse. Ah well....I will kind of miss the iron. Not sure why they wanted to make the change anyway.

Hello to everyone else! Have a good day.

#42   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Enthusiast
Fort Worth, TEXAS

Hails from United States

HaPpY BiRtHdAy JeNna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim, thank you I think she's perfect but....Guzzi might offer a bubble fairing for the Racer soon so I might just have to put that on her. The 60's GP bikes are my favorite...love those dustbin fairings
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Thanks so much, Donna!

#44   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Lord of the Arts
New Mexico

Hails from United States

Hey jenna, the book is awesome! You must be super excited! The story sounds interesting- ive done some proofreading for a friend here who has a childrens book in the works, i understand a little about how much work is involved. And happy birthday. Here is some virtual chocolate...
Jim- a cat? No way....
On the back thing, steves back was really botherong him.. Chiro, exrercises, stretching, etc. nothing helped. He has a very long commute and decided that the extra time sitting was the problem. So he started standing at work. Within just a couple of days, the back pain was completely gone! He stands all day, and they even bought him a new desk. Just an idea... Since you probably sit alot doing illustrations and painting....
Dj- the dog might be my favorite of yours yet!
Donna, wow on those bikes!
Linda, hope chester is getting some relief... It is just so dang hard when they are hurting and we cant help.
my blog
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Enthusiast
West Michigan

Hails from United States

Jenna, Happy Birthday!

Deb, Great to hear the standing desk is working for Steve. I know the sitting is a big stress. I paint standing so those days tend to be better. What I am looking at is motorized lift for my desk. I will take the desk top off and mount it to this stand. So I can stand or sit–just push a button to move it up or down.