WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Enthusiast
Fort Worth, TEXAS

Hails from United States
Re: Round the Campfire ~ February

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugman
Donna- come on now, dont hold out on us, whats your favorite music?

Okay....it's not Sinatra, I do like his stuff but don't have any of it on my ipod. My favorite singer is Bob Wills. I grew up on classic country music (well, it wasn't classic at the time!) and we listened to alot of Western Swing. My parents even saw him play in Fort Worth one time I've got quite an eclectic collection on my ipod....everything from Bob to heavy metal to Rod Stewart singing American classics. I'm actually very old fashioned even though you wouldn't think that at first sight
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Morning everyone!

Hi Donna. I had a feeling it wouldn't be Sinatra...it was a completely wild guess. Sounds like you like all sorts of music.

Happy Sunday everyone. Who's going to be watching the Super Bowl later? We will, even though I'm not very familiar with either team. It's tradition. Have fun!

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Lord of the Arts
Henderson, NV

Hails from United States

Oh dear another aging pet crisis: Chester is suddenly much worse. We have returned to distraught. He has bounced back before but it is just so hard to see him like this.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2013, 02:11 PM
A Local Legend
southeast Wyoming

Hails from United States

Donna- Im like you, relatively old fashioned but I have all kinds of music on my ipod. I cant say that I have a specific favorite. A couple weeks ago I couldnt decide what music I was in the mood for: was it country, rock, blues, bluegrass, jazy stuff? Then it hit me, what I needed was some Asleep at the Wheel and Lyle Lovett! Singers that combine all the above to some extent, including the great Bob Wills!

Jenna- I will check your blog. We are making lots of snacks to watch the game. Just us, no company or anything, staying at home pigging out

Come join us in the Southwest/Western forum
My art blog
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2013, 02:19 PM
A Local Legend
Scottsdale, AZ USA (do I get a flag?)

Hails from United States

Tuzi, I am thinking of you.... YOU KNOW I am with you. Hope he bounces again.
sj*
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Lord of the Arts
Henderson, NV

Hails from United States

Thanks DJ.
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2013, 05:51 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Behind the Orange Curtain

Hails from United States

Linda I was there some years ago (with the aforementioned Roxy), here's hoping Chester can make it back another time...
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Enthusiast
Fort Worth, TEXAS

Hails from United States

Linda, I hate to hear that.
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Enthusiast
Fort Worth, TEXAS

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugman
...what I needed was some Asleep at the Wheel and Lyle Lovett! Singers that combine all the above to some extent, including the great Bob Wills!

Dude! We got to see the Wheel last July down in Burleson!! They were freaking awesome!! That Ray is a nut!!!!! At one point in a song he grabbed some tennis balls and started juggling them! Such a great concert I soooo wanted to go see the play he wrote about Bob Wills but I think they've stopped doing it by now
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi everyone.

Oh, Linda, I'm so sad to hear about this. Take good care of your dear Chester. He is lucky to have such a wonderful home. I hope he bounces back again. Poor guy. Having said goodbye to a sweet old cat, Scooter, last year, I know how very difficult it is to see our senior pets struggle. Hang in there.

Hi Ron. Thanks for the interest! I'd love to become a "real" author and have success with books...time will tell on that one! It's not common for aspiring writers, but I can dream, right? Sounds like fun at your house tonight! We had sliders, Suddenly Salad, and homemade onion rings. So yummy!

Hi DJ. How are things with you?

Hi CK and Donna. Hope everyone's doing alright. So funny with the lights going out during the Super Bowl! Been a fun game to watch.

#26   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Enthusiast
Fort Worth, TEXAS

Hails from United States

Did y'all catch the Clydesdale commercial? It's the best one I think I've ever seen and yes, it made me cry
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2013, 11:13 PM
A Local Legend
southeast Wyoming

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetlesaab
Dude! We got to see the Wheel last July down in Burleson!! They were freaking awesome!! That Ray is a nut!!!!! At one point in a song he grabbed some tennis balls and started juggling them! Such a great concert I soooo wanted to go see the play he wrote about Bob Wills but I think they've stopped doing it by now

I would love to see them live. Everytime I listen to them it just energizes me and puts me a better mood. In fact, that day I decided to get some Asleep at Wheel, at went to Itunes store and finally decided on purchasing a "live" cd album....sort of like being at concert I guess. I never heard of the play.

That clydesdayle commercial was a good one. I even did a "oh, how sweet"

Come join us in the Southwest/Western forum
My art blog
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Enthusiast
eastern South Dakota

Hails from United States

Linda--I was sorry to hear about Chester, poor thing. . . .

Donna and others, I had to pull up some Bob Wills on Pandora; he has quite the pep, I'll say! My current fav's are the Budos Band and Thievery Corporation. I did enjoy that Clydesdale ad, especially the first part.

Donna, congrats on the invitation, and let us know what you come up with???

Sportpony--You are so lucky being in racing country. I would love some access to copyright-free photos for paintings. I have a bunch of my own, but I never seem to get around to them.

Not much is happening around here. In the balmy 20s yesterday I was hauling manure with no coat or cap. It's all relative, I guess!

Jenna--I congratulate you again! I love the cover design you chose as well--not too many authors are their own illustrators!

I better get back to work, being far behind after spending all of last Friday on my project, which I delivered at 5:05 p.m. (Of course my boss was nowhere to be seen, but as one of my colleagues said, "I almost cried when I delivered it.") I am fortunate to have a VERY cool boss. This project may, by April, lead to an opportunity I owe entirely to him.

Back to it for me. . . .

Last edited by Lisa M : 02-04-2013 at 01:02 PM.
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2013, 01:21 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Jenna, thanks for the fire! You all up north are sure in the deep freeze. Yikes. How nice you got your books! I will go to your blog and buy....Yay!

Todd, painting is extra good. Have fun! Hear you on the music. We went to see the Carper Family on Saturday night. Bet you would like them. Listening room in La Grange, Texas and they stream, too. This Saturday will be Paula Nelson Band (Willie Nelson's daughter, hope she is good, never listened before)
http://www.thebugleboy.org/events.php?status=active
Link if you care to listen sometime. I like all music but like it mixed up so iTunes is a great place for me! I have 5 days worth....

Ron, hmmmm. Can't believe we gals talk the most!

dj, love the puppy and the cowboy story!!

Sharon, aw, sorry. Pen and ink can be trying!

Donna, good idea to enter the AM show. Go for it!

Scatdaddy, funny on dj's chair and her answer back!

Rick, congrats on the sales and show!
Winston Churchill
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hello everyone!

Hi Donna. Yes, I saw that commercial and though I am against drinking, it was so moving and sweet. Made me really, really want to find myself a horse and experience that close bond for myself.

Hi Ron. Did your family chow down all those snacks?

Hi Lisa. Thanks so much! It was rather convenient to make the cover design myself - plus it saved me a hundred bucks to make it myself. It was a no brainer. How interesting with this opprotunity in April...it sounds very interesting! Hope things are going well for you!

Hi Jo. Thanks so much! How wonderful and kind of you. I really appreciate it.

Last edited by jennaboo88 : 02-04-2013 at 01:31 PM.