WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#151   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-29-2012, 10:36 AM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States
Re: Round the Campfire - JUNE 2012

Morning to the rest of the campfire! My new responsibilities are alot of fun, but it sure limits my time on here. I've got my second cactus flower nearly done, it goes with the one I posted here a while back. Poor lady that's buying them from me, she already paid me. But I ran into a mental block with the second one, and ended up starting over. I like the second one alot better. I've been in contact with her, and she's an absolute gem. She told me to just take my time.

OK, make it a great Friday gang.

Kate
  #152   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Florida

Hails from United States

Fire is very scary and the animals and people's loss is very sad.

We were glad to leave the home when we did considering the rain and flooding we left. I was concerned about a tornado that was seen in the next county when I was alone in the trailer with the cat and dog, Leela was visiting some friends and I was glad she didn't drive back until it had died down. Guy was in NM getting our things in storage. We had heavy rain for about two weeks. I wish we could send the rain west. We are held up at Lazydays now for several days with some repairs. Perhaps this is good, there may have been some damage to I-10 near the panhandle. This is natures way of cooling herself off and staying in balance.

Yep I am concerned about the fires in the west, we had bad smoke in 2002 when we were in Silver City and were camping out for about 3 months.

I hope the monsoon rains come early to the west.

Aleada
  #153   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Lord of the Arts
Henderson, NV

Hails from United States

Donald - thanks for the joke! Always good to start the day w a smile, even when the joke is .... well.... um....
Well anyway - I laughed! And grinned w your outstanding news!
I am in the final throes of preparing for a looong road trip: list for the housesitter, wash car, pack, clean the house, water everything, find a good book to take along and, of course, pack up the paints. I figure after a week or so of being in lock step 24 hours a day that the hubby will be quite pleased to see me disappear into the woods to wave my brushes around.
You all have a great holiday - I'll be intermittant at best for a while.

Oh - and more good news - got a note from my sister and she reported it was raining there.

Last edited by tuzigoot : 06-29-2012 at 01:19 PM.
  #154   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hello gang.

Hi Donald. Love that joke! It took me a second to get it, and then I had a good laugh! Have a lot of fun with your granddaughter! And I am so glad you are still cancer free!

Hi Kate. What's new in your world today? Congrats on that commission! I feel for you - commissions are great, but they often send me into a slump. I guess it's the pressure of drawing to please someone other than myself. You'll do a great job!

Hi Aleada. You must be so looking forward to getting out west, out to your new home! Hope the repairs go well and you can soon be on your way.

Hi Linda. Sounds like a very fun trip you have coming up! Enjoy yourself and have fun painting out there. Hope to see it when you get back.

Hi to everyone else. Hi Jim (where have you been?), Ron, Deb, Lisa, DJ, and all of those I may have missed. Have a good day!

By the way, we seem to have a new smiley face.

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #155   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Enthusiast
eastern South Dakota

Hails from United States

Oooh I like that new smiley. I do that to my boyfriend all the time--or maybe he does it to me.

I was so depressed about the horses and the fires that I thought about making an extra trip to CO to volunteer since I have a couple weeks off in July. I discovered that some big equestrian facilities and hundreds of people on Craig'sList are opening their arms and homes and pastures. It restores some faith in humanity to see such generosity, and a lot of it is from people who themselves don't have very much. The first site I opened said, "Do NOT show up at a disaster to help! You'll just get in the way." Okay. I can send a check to Jim's church instead. I do have a friend in Denver who is a professional dog trainer and is "in" with the local animal scene, so I will catch up with him as well.

Today I have hoses trickling here and there all day. Makes for lots of breaks from work every 30 min. to run out and move them. I don't have any irrigation. I don't water the lawn and could care less about it, but I suppose the small trees, shrubs, and flowers deserve some assistance.

I plan to paint something when I finish the mountain of final reports coming in today. My version of "the box of 'someday' subjects" is a postcard on my refridgerator of a sea turtle, and the owl I never did over Christmas. After working over 60 hours per week pretty much since mid-May, I am ready for a no-guilt submersion in horses, yardwork, running, reading, and pastels.

Time to move hoses!

Have a great weekend, everyone!! ~~lis
  #156   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-30-2012, 12:15 PM
A Local Legend
southeast Wyoming

Hails from United States

Donald- great news from the doc! Dont quit your day job to become comedian!! Actually, I thought it rather funny

One of those scenes to remind me that God is good. From my back pasture the other night.

Hi to everyone, lots to get done this weekend. Have great weekend.

Come join us in the Southwest/Western forum
My art blog
  #157   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi everyone. Hope you're all staying safe.

Hi Lisa. I hope your flowers, shrubs and trees hang in there. I miss seeing your work. I hope you're finding the inspiration to paint!

Hi Ron. Wow, what a spectacular sunset photo! There were rays of light much like this here in WI last night too. Very beautiful!

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #158   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Immortalized
Heart of Missouri's Outback!

Hails from United States

Jenna - I'm glad you got the joke...

Ron - Nice photo!

I've been reading Jack White's book "Malady of Fear." In it he talks about how successful people have clean work areas. My art room is half art/ half RC airplanes and I haven't flown one since 2008. It's so full of stuff I can't even walk in to it with out tripping over stuff or knocking stuff off. So, I started cleaning it today. It felt really liberating. I've still got a LOT of work ahead of me to get it clean. I'm getting rid of a bunch of RC magazines, and pieces and parts of planes I'll never fix. Then it will be time to throw out or burn old art work that is just collecting dust. I live in a house that has been in the family for over 100 years. I have stuff in the garage that belonged to my grandparents, stuff I don't know what to do with, but there is so much of it, I can't use my garage. It's time to clean house! If you don't hear from me for a while, I'm busy trying to get my working areas in order.

Donald