WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 01:02 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States
Re: Round the Campfire - May

Hi all, We went out for breakfast. No paper delivery because of the rain I guess. Gene has to have a newspaper. The restaurant is one of those old local ones with old captain's chairs and they still bring cream in little metal pitchers. Interesting and old flat grill cooking.

An inch of rain by the way. Nice.

Marcus, your moon shots are super. Hail can sure do some damage.

Donald, you are so right about the delay in cameras. Hope you find one. I have had Casio fore the last few years . They have instant on and I could take several as we passed a barn or cows on the road. The new one is still instant on, but there is a delay between shots. And I can now get only one shot. Sad.

Lisa, hi. Wow, not a good time with all the storms. Stay safe. I don't care for the yard work .. Horse time sounds better. Ha.

Hi to all, nice to have the windows open! Back soon....
Winston Churchill
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 01:47 PM
A Local Legend
Scottsdale, AZ USA (do I get a flag?)

Hails from United States

It is promising to be nice today. All the window I can open are open.
For two days I have literally been digging out my studio. It is the worst lighting in the house so I set up an easel in the kitchen which has a sky light. It STILL is terrifying, but the floor can be found, all of the supplies I pull out for classes have homes, even if all of the actual supplies are NOT living there.
Today, I try to relocate the Kitchen art in the proper room so when I leave for the long weekend, I can come home to some sanity. With luck the cat will appreciate it.

My tummy is hurting. Stress gets me. I think I may have gotten up too early and should take a nap before I start round three.
AND I have a picture on the easel, all masked, first watercolor wash in with all of my watercolors located (it was a hunt for my gamboge that started all this!!!) and I can't get into it until I make a little more functional room. THAT is probably what is stressing me.

Coffee, however, seems to make the tummy a little soothed.
.... I know. Backwards.
dj*
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hello everyone!

Hi Marcus. So great to see you back! I've been wondering where you've been. Those photos absolutely left me in awe. The shots of the moon are just outstanding! I, too, would love to know what kind of camera you got. Amazing photos!

Yikes, you really got hit hard with the hail. Hope your plants and trees recover. Don't be a stranger.

Hi Donald.

Hi Lisa. I'm glad you got that much-needed rain...and plenty of it by the way it sounds.

Hi Jo. That restaurant sounds like a great place. I love breakfast out. Somehow, restaurant breakfast feels special and extra tasty. I like the traditional, old fashioned places...they always have familiar comfort foods.

Hi DJ. Hope your stomach feels better.

Kitties are doing well. Most have their eyes open at least some.

I love those little feet.

And the Mama Cats, when they manage to have some kid-free time, are true and fully spent! I caught one of the mom cats sound asleep yesterday...never saw a cat look so done in!

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States

Hi gang!

Jenna, love the kitty photos!!

Whoa, Marcus!! Cold weather! The moon shots are fantastic though, thank you for sharing.

That's about all I have time for, but I'll say a collective hello to the rest of the campfire. I missed breakfast this morning, been crazy. And went from being crazy-busy to down right stressful. Back hopefully later gang.
Kate
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 10:31 PM
Immortalized
Heart of Missouri's Outback!

Hails from United States

These photos do NOT do this sunset justice. I was wishing I had my easel so I could try and whip out a painting really fast, but I don't paint that fast. The colors are all wrong in the photos, and it is much larger in real life.

My darling daughter took at least one of these. We were sharing the camera and tripod so it's hard to know who took which one.

Donald
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States

Mornin' campers!!

Don, beautiful photos!!

Breakfast this morning is wholewheat blueberry pancakes, agave syrup, sprinkled a little shaved almonds on them, and have a small berry-banana smoothie on the side. I was hungry!!

Back later gang.
Kate
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2012, 01:23 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Beautiful photos, folks. Love sunsets. We have house cleaners coming today and the guys are screening in the porch. Yay! So I'm hiding in the studio. Painting tomatoes, jalepeños and garlic. Maybe the jalepeños make it western. Heh.

Hope a good day for all of you. We had an inch of rain so it is cool today. Well if you call 80 cool. The best of weather for our area. The workers are playing their iTunes and it is old music mostly so I'm enjoying the jumble of tunes. Country, rock, folk, latin, etc. Fun.

See all y'all later.
Winston Churchill
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi everyone.

Hi Kate. Thanks! I hope that you get a chance to enjoy those new CPs soon! Blueberry pancakes? I'm in!

Hi Donald. Gorgeous sunset photos! I love sunsets.

Hi Jo. Glad to hear you've been painting! Glad you got some rain! We've gotten plenty now and are really hoping for a drier spell so the corn and soybeans can be planted. I'd love to hear some of that music playlist! I like many different kinds of music.

Hello everyone else! Hope you're having a great day.

#54   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Immortalized

Hails from United States

Kate, Jo, Jenna, you've seen some of my paintings, so you KNOW I LOVE sunsets too. I wish cameras had a greater value range. The greens IRL aren't that dark, they were more a dark middle value. I tried touching them up in PHotoshop, but didn't like the results, so I didn't save any changes.

Have a great day,
Donald
  #55   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States

Mornin' gang!

I'm keeping with the blueberry theme this morning, I have blueberry whole wheat muffins and a banana-berry smoothie for breakfast.

Jo - you talking about your music made me laugh. I've found I can relax a lot more and be more productive in my art room when I'm jammin' out to some really good country music. One of my biggest issues is that old voice in the back of my head that keeps reminding me of what I was always told - "you can't be a professional artist because it will never make any money." That music keeps that voice out of my head and allows me to completely enjoy the process. One key piece of equipment in my studio - a GOOD stereo!

Have a super day gang!
Kate
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Florida

Hails from United States

Hi Jo, I look forward to seeing you when you are in Silver this September.

Our house passed inspection yesterday. The bank hired an inspector and a separate termite inspector, they go over every inch of the house, tapping and poking at the fascia board on the outside and tapping at the ceilings and wall on the inside. They even tested the stove and range with a heat sensor. All our hard work renovating and keeping the house in shape our 1953 house with 2 room additions in the 1980.s paid off, the house passed that phase of the selling. Most of this work was done by my husband who is very handy. Now on the buyers side they need their mortgage approved, and they already passed pre-approval so that shouldn't take long. After that the last hurtle till closing is the bank appraisal. WOW such a process, next for us is tires for the trailer and looking into movers.

Aleada
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi everyone. It's beautiful outside today! At this rate, my dad may be planting corn or soybeans today yet. He's been hoping to start for a while now.

Hi Donald. I agree with you. I really wish cameras could capture the depth of colors that our eyes do. I guess it makes you realize and appreciate how complex and miraculous our eyes really are. Even if the photos don't quite capture the sunset as it was, the photos are beautiful!

Hi Kate. Mmm, muffins! You've been making all my favorites lately. I, too, must have music if working in my studio. If I don't have that, I tend to easily get frustrated with my work and also tend to want to stop everything and leave my studio. With music, I feel mellow and at ease, willing to spend hours in the studio. It's such a great tool for inspiration.

Hi Aleada. Congratulations on passing the inspection! Great news and I'm sure you're feeling quite relieved to have that behind you. Great job with the work!

Hello to everyone else. It's been rather quiet around here these days... Must be that busy time of year when it's less appealing to sit in front of a computer and easier to be out in the sun enjoying the fabulous month of May! Speaking of which, I should get going. Have a great day, everyone!

BTW, since we've been talking about sunsets lately, here's a photo I took of one the other night. Was very beautiful. Here is the sunset...

And here was the sky to the north/northeast that same night, also glowing with color.

And just for good measure, the kittens are doing great and can all see now. Hard to get pictures to do them justice, but this will have to do.

#58   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Immortalized

Hails from United States

Jenna Great sunsets! That third one... it looks a little fuzzy. Try a tripod next time.. The kitten is cute. You have to get down to their eye level to get good photos. Picking them up... well the caption should read, "Help me! the giant claw has picked me up...." or something to that effect.

Kate, I was checking out your webpage. You're really good with colored pencils. I left your page up so my darling wifey and daughter can see it. Who hosts your webpage?

Hi everyone else. Have a great day,

Donald
  #59   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States

Good morning gang!

I know, a little late this morning. But, I made the muffins last night! It's banana nut muffins (whole wheat). I've been getting cramps in my legs, so decided to add more banana. Also banana-raspberry smoothie plus eight o-clock coffee. Yum!

I'm at home today, trying to finish my colored pencil project for the exchange I'm participating in.

Aleada, got my fingers crossed everything goes well for you! So far so good!!

Jenna, the pics are awesome. Baby kitties just get me!

Donald, thank you so much for visiting my website, and thank you for the nice compliment. Check your private messages, I'll tell you more there.

Have a super day gang, I'm off to color!
Kate
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi there gang!

Hi Donald. Thanks. I laughed at your comment regarding that third "sunset". Suppose his big orange head is a little sun-like.

Hi Kate. Bananas help with leg cramps? How interesting! I did not know that. I absolutely love smoothies! Have fun with the CP art swap! Swaps are great fun! Thanks for the comments.