WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Enthusiast
eastern South Dakota

Hails from United States
Re: Round the Campfire - May

Congratulations on selling the house, Aleada! What a task that is. . . but how exciting since you are moving so far. That video with the cat is crazy isn't it? I can't believe the people just standing there. . . . Those must be some "tame" crocs. I would keep the small dogs on a short leash too! I've never been in the South long enough to see crocs or alligators, but we did see lots of them in Costa Rica quite some years ago. The "cocodrillos" were big and scary as far as I'm concerned!

Jenna--I was so sorry to read about your uncle's kittens. Even though my dad never really loved the farm cats, he would take out a tom such as you describe. How are the moms doing sharing the parenting?

The weather was beautiful yesterday and it's already nearly 70, calm, and humid again today. Yay! Summer is here. I made a big dent in the yardwork and have almost all of the flower bed refuse piled up to burn. I even found a clematis flowering already--unreal!!

Ron--Cute babies! You make me want to get some chickens. My boyfriends' mom asked if they could get some babies for the girls (my young nieces) and then have us raise them.

phone ringing--gots to go. . . . Kona coffee for breakfast!
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Enthusiast
West Michigan

Hails from United States

Hi everyone.

I have read all the post but have so little time to reply right now. It is so good to see all the animal pictures. I love God's creation. It is the best entertainment on earth.

It is good to see everybody's studios too. Catherine your space came out really nice. I know you will make good use of it.

Jenna, cute kitties. I have to comment on your last photo. I see Simon over there in the corner feeding his face. He is probably starved for attention because of all those blasted cats.

Ron, those chicks are cute once they are cleaned up and fluffy.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 09:12 AM
A Local Legend
southeast Wyoming

Hails from United States

Donald- good for you willing to take on hard work type job. Amazing how people will turn down job because its hard work, even though they are physically able

Catherine- I checked on those benches at harbor frieght. They have them in stock down in Colorado (about 50 mile drive) about $150. Will check them out next time Im down there

Jim- its official....kids found kittens in old haystack left by previous owners!! Guess we have cats, feral, but still..... There is no sign of mice anywhere so thats good thing

I better run, later...

Come join us in the Southwest/Western forum
My art blog
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 09:55 AM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States

Mornin' gang!

Don, you gotta deal. I'll bring breakfast croissants!! Lets go paint!!

Have a meeting, back later!
Kate
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Good morning, everyone!

Hi Kate. Thanks. Yes, it is really too bad. I've heard the same about lions. I know that sometimes the lionesses have to leave their cubs with the males while they hunt, and if a cub tries to play with the male lion, they often get killed. Very severe. We've had toms like this here before. My uncle lives about a mile away, so I don't really expect that this tom would wander here just to kill kittens. I hope he won't. Between the two moms guarding the little ones and the proud tom cats that linger (who must feel they are the fathers), I think that tom would have his, eh, paws full.

Thanks for breakfast!

Hi Donald. Your work sounds like hard work! I can imagine it took some getting used to.

Hi Lisa. Thanks. Yes, tom cats like that are just too aggressive, so we usually would end up getting rid of them, too. The moms are doing so great! They are still sharing the same space and the kittens, happy, content, and very dedicated to their little families.

Hi Jim. You're probably right. Simon is fairly self-centered, and pouts pretty easily. Then again, he also eats quite a bit. They say that beagles don't have the "get full" sensation, and that they have been known to literally eat themselves to death! Simon isn't so addicted to food as that, but he does like his dog food.

Hi Ron. How's work going?

Hi to everyone out there! We had a pretty close call with a storm system last night, and got some hail, but we've once again been blessed by missing the worst of it. Kittens were sopping wet in their box, poor things. I've been having to change out the rug they sleep on so they don't stay cold and wet. Have a great day! Oh, and they are starting to see the world, now, with their new little eyes.

Here's a still I managed to get while filming some of the storm last night. The lightnig was pretty dramatic.

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Florida

Hails from United States

Oh darn I just wrote a long post to you all and left it to find some other comments by you all and darn if I lost my post, ok I'll write later, I must get to work. It was nice to the campfire posts and see the photos, thanks, they signed the paper, now we will have a house inspection, all is well, eyes on the west. Aleada
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 04:09 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Jenna, as usual I am looking in my wc and don't find any campfire posts, then my brain jars and I realize it is a new month. Sigh.... Love the apple blossom.

Lisa, lots of work for your yard. Hope you like it. We have a lawn service. Heh, heh.

Ron, great peepers. I like them after the feathers come in!

Hi Catherine.

Kate, your breakfasts make my rice cake look sick. Ha.

dj, hope all is clicking now.

Donald, My smile for today. Take care out there. Hope the job situation improves.

Aleada, we spent 3 summers in Silver City. I love it there. Close to the pines and the desert. Good luck on your move. Nice post about Las Cruces. We stayed a month there, too. Liked the food and laid back attitude and the views.

That's all I have time for. Later.....
Winston Churchill
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Enthusiast
eastern South Dakota

Hails from United States

Jenna, I can already tell that your special kitten has a charmed life. Let us know when you've named them.

Ron--We need pictures!

Hi to all. . . in anticipation of Friday!

~~Lisa
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 01:14 AM
A Local Legend
Scottsdale, AZ USA (do I get a flag?)

Hails from United States

Drove up to Wickenburg to hand deliver my packet for Cowgirl Up! Saw the show and can honestly say, there is nothing like what I do. Whether that is a good or bad thing is yet to be determined.
Also mailed back my RSVP (invite only, not guaranteed, but INVITED) to Mountain Oyster Club.

Now, what to do for the next 6 months?????
dj*
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Florida

Hails from United States

Lisa, they are alligators, if they were crocks that cat would be dead, so fast. Still the cat was taking a huge risk and those people were also a bit close for comfort. Thank you, yes it is difficult, a sense of humor helps and we are keeping our eyes on the prize. The buyers just signed and the house gets inspected soon. They also expressed an interest in buying some of my art on the wall.

Ron, I just may be an alien because I think baby chicks are too cute. I fed 3 new baby love birds when their mother would not.

DJ, Buffalo’s used to roam all over the USA even into the East coast, and here in Florida. Driving to Orlando there is a pasture that has cows, zebra, and buffalo.

Linda, Rube huh, never heard the term before, what ah hoot, means rustic I suspect. Rube is where I want to live, right in the middle of a lot of rube, in fact Silver may not be wild enough. I plan on moving down the road a bit. I can sympathize though, model trains are a bit much to forsake.

Jenna, I can see the intelligence in Oliver’s face. I will start the kitten and the goats soon and I see a foal posed here that needs my attention it seems. I am in hyper drive and cannot get to sleep, it is a problem I sometimes have. I am going to take some early Valerian tonight to slow me down. Prescription drugs give me too vivid dreams, it scares me. So I may need to play catch up with the art till my adrenalin settles down..

Donald, I am sorry about your job, it has been happening all over this country since at least the 1980’s when CEO’s decided to dismantle whole business and run off with the assets. And now importing jobs to 3rd world countries. As far as I am concerned it is not right, our men fight in their wars but this is how we get treated? Enough said. You are a good man to provide so well for your family and I hope they appreciate the sacrifices you make for them. I am glad you are still painting, it is so important to keep your hand in even for a short time each week.

Jo, If you get back to Silver I will invite you over and we can go paintout together, what fun that would be. Thank you for stopping by my blog ad checking out my post.

I must finish my coffee now and do errands. I hope you all have a great day. Aleada My Website
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstar
Drove up to Wickenburg to hand deliver my packet for Cowgirl Up! Saw the show and can honestly say, there is nothing like what I do. Whether that is a good or bad thing is yet to be determined.
Also mailed back my RSVP (invite only, not guaranteed, but INVITED) to Mountain Oyster Club.

Now, what to do for the next 6 months?????
dj*

Keep creating art!!! Good luck to you both in Cowgirl Up and the Mountain Oyster Club.
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States

Good morning Campers!

Breakfast is simple today - cottage cheese with pineapple, toast and home made prickly pear jam. Yummo!!

Jenna, the kitten is adorable!! And I LOVE the lightening photo! What a great shot!!

I'm stoked! Ordered a whole new set of colored pencils, I want to start doing rose portraits. I want to do them in both colored pencil and eventually paint too. So it was Christmas in May last night when I got to open the box. Yay!!

Aleada, I also visited your website. I love your work! How cool your buyer also wants to buy some of your art. Yay!!

Howdy to the rest of the campfire! HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! Buggy Ride photo trip after work!!

Kate
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi everyone!

Hi Aleada. Don't you hate when a post is lost? So very frustrating! Hope the inspection goes well.

Thanks. Oliver would be so thankful to know he looks intelligent. I really look forward to your paintings! I have a lot of trouble with insomnia, so I can sympathize with you as far as trouble falling asleep. I take Melatonin every night and it makes a nice difference, but it does cause some very vivid dreams for me, so you may not like that about it.

Hi Jo. Time really does fly, doesn't it? Thanks for the nice comments.

Hi Lisa. Yes, these kittens are already spoiled, I think. I can't help but go visit them all the time, especially when they're right here on the deck, ten feet from the house. Kittens usually have to name themselves, so it may take a little while to name them. I'll let you know though.

If I may ask, what's going on Friday? Must have missed something...

Hi DJ. Congratulations on being officially invited to the Mountain Oyster Club! Great news! I think it's good to stand out and have an individual style...more people may notice it then.

Hi Kate. Thanks! I'm glad you like the photos. That storm was impressive. Congratulations on the newe CPs! What kind are they? Is it a big set? I love buying art supply, especially something major like that. Have fun with them!

#29   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 06:49 PM
A WC! Legend
Tampa, Florida

Hails from United States

building up the new section...

there is still more bamboo to fill in - enough to hide the fence, actually... then begins the detailing......
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi Robert. That's looking so wonderful! Beautiful!