WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States
Re: Round the Campfire ~ April

Hello everyone! Great to see you all hanging around the Campfire. It's been a little quiet around here.

Hi Deb. Thank you. Well of course it's a cat. It's my Oliver, who is about the greatest cat out there, IMHO.

Wow, what a great lesson for us! Thank you so much for sharing. Very interesting and helpful. Such good info!

Hi Donald. It sounds like you're neck deep in a great new painting! I look forward to seeing it. I think your rule for painting before getting on the computer is a wise one. Computers really can eat away time. Trust me, I know!

Hi Robert.

Hi Kate. Mmm, great breakfast! Thanks. Scratchboard is definitely something I could get used to. It's a lot of fun. I checked out that Ocelot. Wow! Absolutely stunning!

What a lovely group of photos! The lilies are so dainty and look like teacups. How beautiful! I love the cattle, too, especially those young calves. So cute! Thanks for sharing these with us.

Hi Linda.

Hi Jim. Sorry your back is giving you such trouble. I'm glad that the more expensive version of "The Rack" is feeling good. Have you ever tried a NUCCA Chiropractor? I'm seeing one now, but they are supposed to be able to work wonders for back pain. It might be worth looking into for you, if you haven't already. It is no fun to have to live in pain.

Thanks for the kind comments! I'm not sure what to call it either, actually.

Hi Catherine. I'll have to share the birth announcements when the time comes. Thanks! Scratch board is a lot of fun. I'm enjoying it a lot. You're right, I hadn't thought of it. Even my cat Oliver (the one I'm scratching, here) could probably do a scratchboard with his claws If only he had the patience and talent and skill to be artistically creative.

Your robin seems awfully persistent. Maybe you should open the window and just see what happens? Maybe he'd be your best friend.

Not much is new here. We're getting a threat of frost at night lately, which is making apple growers nearby pretty nervous. Doesn't seem to be freezing yet though.

Hello to everyone. Hi Don, Scatdaddy, Donna, Lisa, Ron...the whole gang. I can't keep track of everyone anymore; we've got quite a big group these days!

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2012, 01:21 AM
Lord of the Arts
New Mexico

Hails from United States

Kate
Great photos! Those mariposa daisies are so beautiful!
Can we use any of these for painting?
my blog
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2012, 02:37 AM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States

Hi Deb! Oh absolutely! I've always figured if I'm gonna put them up they are up for grabs. I'd love to see something done by someone!

Edit - if you would like a higher res photo, PM me and I'll email it to you.

Kate

Last edited by KJSieloff : 04-06-2012 at 02:45 AM.
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2012, 02:46 AM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States

heeheeehee!! Jenna, I knew you would love the cattle! Did that just for you!

I like that big bull, we see him a lot. There's a story about the other bull that has the itch. He's been on this local range for maybe 3 years now. He was young when the rancher brought him in, and this territory really made him sore footed. His sore feet really gave him a bad attitude, he had a hard time getting around. When hubby and I saw him this time I noted he was getting around a lot better, and his weight has picked up. He might be OK after all. He's about 5 now I think. Can ya tell I like bulls???

Last edited by KJSieloff : 04-06-2012 at 02:54 AM.
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2012, 02:54 AM
Lord of the Arts
New Mexico

Hails from United States

ThTs cool Kate- thanks. I have my eye on that big bull and maybe the calves
my blog
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Enthusiast
eastern South Dakota

Hails from United States

Catherine--Evil bird!! Those robins like to start up before sunrise around here. I've been watching the blackbirds and grackles pick up weighty pieces of dried plant matter and fly off to build. . . . How lovely. . . until I realized that one of them was hauling his selections to the rain gutter above the window. One spring, the grackles build a huge nest in the grill before I realized they were even doing that. They found a tiny hole in the side that was there for a grate handle or something. That one went up in smoke.

Deb--I was thinking you should get a great light-fabric, loud summer dress at the little corner shop, with some bright sandals, and you'll be dazzing! Jim is right--go bold. I'm humored by all of your comments of paint-stained clothes. Most of my jeans are ruined because I'll wear them for chores "just this once" and of course, I snag them or get a stain.

Jenna--I love the kitty already!

Kate--Those photos are stunning!!! I love those orange flowers especially. My lilacs are going to bloom full today--so strange. But it seems we have some good freezes coming, so lots of plants will be damaged and have to start all over. I have some yellow and purple tulips to pick and place on the table.

Well, I'm home for Easter break, but even after making a mental note of "Do not forget the computer cord here at my office" (given that I usually have at least 2 if not 3 bags of papers, computer, etc. to haul), that's exactly what I did. So, if my boyfriend can't scare one up at his job (a building full of computer guts and computer geeks), I'll have to go back to Brookings (short hour drive one way) to get it since I have lots of work to do over break. Oh well, I'll have a chance to photograph the first of the foals at the Horse Unit on campus. Maybe I subliminally wanted to do that.

Don--White water rafting is a blast isn't it?!!! Stac and I did that a couple of times many years ago in CO.

Well I better move along to something more productive since I have only battery power this morning (on the laptop).

Take care, all, and Happy Easter a bit early. I'm sure I'll be back. . . .
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrunner
ThTs cool Kate- thanks. I have my eye on that big bull and maybe the calves

Mornin' campers!

Hey Deb, if you want the calves I have a couple more shots. I'll send them to you if that's the direction you decide to go, just PM me. That's about the best shot I have of the bull, he decided to leave the country.

OK, gonna stir up some breakfast. How about buttermilk biscuits, berry jam, poached eggs and fresh strawberries. Yum!!

I'm at home today, have a ton of stuff to do. We host the annual Easter picnic every year, so no drawing for me today!

Have a super Friday all!
Kate
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2012, 02:01 PM
A WC! Legend
Tampa, Florida

Hails from United States

this is a primed canvas roll, 52"x6yds, of which half will be used [hopefully] on this painting [8 feet w/6" on each side]... here's a wee update, and looks like will need go over the fence planks again after getting the bamboo and other vegetation done, so to bring out the vegetation more...

#39   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi there everybody!

Hi Deb. How is your shoulder doing?

Hi Kate. Thanks for posting those cattle for me. I'm glad that itchy bull is doing better. Some cattle just struggle more than others. He's a beauty! Bulls are amazing creatures, but they deserve respect! Both my grandpa and my dad have been attacked by bulls and narrowly escaped.

Have a great Easter picnic! Sounds like great fun, and your cooking is bound to make it excellent!

Hi Lisa. Have a great Easter break! Oh, I really hope you share a few of the foal pictures with us! They are so gangly and funny. Thanks for the nice comments on my work!

Hi Robert. Beautiful progress! This one is going to be outstanding!

#40   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-07-2012, 01:53 AM
Lord of the Arts
New Mexico

Hails from United States

Robert that's looking really interesting... Looking forward to seeing it progress...
Lisa- at the opening there were lots of people not dressed up- next year I'll wear my paint jeans... Got two awards- one with some cash value. And two sales which is even better. Spent much of the evening talking with Albert Handel and his wife Jeanine- delightful. He's doing a demo at the show in two weeks which will be great to watch.
Tomorrow we go run 35 miles. Going to hit the hay now.
my blog
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States

Mornin' campers!!

Wow, Robert this is beautiful!

Hi Deb! Congrats on the awards! And sales are even better! Enjoy your run today!

OK, gotta go make breakfast. Pancakes, sausage and bacon. Have a great Saturday!

Kate
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Enthusiast
eastern South Dakota

Hails from United States

Deb--Only 35 miles today?? Slacker!!! Having spent just that one summer training for the marathon, I am continually amazed at your dedication to long distance running. And--anyone who looks 20 years younger than she is, by the way, should never hide that bod in jeans and a stuffy old blazer!! I'm glad the show was a success.

I managed to get a few photos at the Horse Unit yesterday, though the little guy wasn't very cooperative. . . . They never came too close to the side of the small pasture that I was on. You can see in one of the photos that the foal must have had a shot or an IV, perhaps, given the shaved area on his neck. They were so far away that I didn't even notice that. Only the zoomed camera revealed it after I loaded the pic's onto the computer. I'll try for more tomorrow, perhaps, or later on when more foals are born. This one was pretty tentative--the first time I saw him out was on Tuesday of this week, so I don't think he's more than a week or 2 old.

Jim--I was going to mention that my mom has one of those suspension gadgets. She loves it.

And, some flowers in the yard. If I remember, it's a sand cherry of some sort.

Happy Saturday!!
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-07-2012, 02:44 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Henderson, NV

Hails from United States

Howdy folks! I am loving these photos so I thought I would share one. I can never remember the name of this flowering cactus, the flower lasts 12-24 hours.

#44   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi everyone.

Hi Deb. Congratulations on winning the awards, getting a little cash, and making the sales. Talk about a success! Wonderful news!

Hi Kate. Mmm, pancakes and bacon and sausage. Sounds terrific!

Hi Lisa. What a little darling of a foal! He (or she) is a beautiful color. Fantastic shot of the flowers, too. I just love this time of year.

Hi Lola. Wow, what a striking flower! It looks really big...am I right? Very pretty. It seems more special considering it lasts for such a short time. Thanks for sharing.

#45   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Immortalized
Heart of Missouri's Outback!

Hails from United States

Lisa-M - I've never been in a raft, but kayaking is a BLAST!!!!

Donald