Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Needing as title please… old guy watching birds

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    dollardays

I am almost finished with this. It is larger than most of my work at 24″ x 30″ and I have to fix some flowers and clean up edges yet but I am looking for some title suggestions. Nothing so simple as The Birdwatcher- (which is what I came up with because I am so simple-minded).

I am entering it in a show where the title actually gets some attention. The back story… the old man goes to the edge of the lake and sits on the bench to watch the birds every day. What can I come up as a simple statement about how nice it is to be at the end of your life and be admiring beauty?

Thanks for any and all suggestions. :)

Nora

Freesail

This seems to be a bit of a different looking style for you. Great greens. I can’t come up with a title either other then “birdland” or “The watcher”

Solvent = Leaner Oil = Fatter Drawing is the basis of art. A bad painter cannot draw. But one who draws well can always paint. (Arshile Gorky)
            LGHumphrey

What about “Waiting For It”?

Lawrence Humphrey
                Torrelles, Spain

cem

Beautiful! Stunning! As for a title: In my next life….

Cindy
                    "Earth laughs in flowers."
                    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

“Free as a bird”

or

“Time flies by” (maybe “Time has flown by” for more melancholy…)

joe galioto

saturday in the park
                        bayside
                        a little nap
                        freash air nap

dollardays

Thanks for the very quick responses– I absolutely love Ochre’s suggestion “Time Flies By”

THANK YOU! :cat:

“Peace & Dreams”, is what this work suggests to me.

Eduardo

My Oil Painting website: http://eduardofloresoilpainter.site90.net/
                            My Computer Art website: http://dadofl.wix.com/eduardo-flores---computer-art
                            My blog : http://meta-realism.blogspot.com/
                            "God gave the artist a window towards other worlds"

SSB

Title it:

Hats off to the king of timeless nowhere, and his lucky accidents.

carolkay

Nora– hey– ” Loving gods creatures ” Its beautiful.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Carol Sometime's failure is the opposite to success~ but sometimes failure can be the pathway to success
                                    dollardays

Here is where I am now- I am still thinking about the tree- I noticed it looked out of place too but it is a specific place and I can’t deviate too much from the landscape that is there. Now I just need to fix the building a bit and push it into the background. I like the idea of a hummingbird. Thanks.

Has “A Beautiful Life” been over-used?

Rick
                                        Leave my moment alone.
                                        www.AshlandCreekArt.com
                                        I just push the paint around while the painting pushes me.

ryan00016

Waiting in vain

dollardays

Ashlandacres: I love your suggestion as well. “A Beautiful Life” THANK YOU….Has a simplicity to it….. my number one choice so far. Thank you to all for suggestions.

Toril

Nobody will notice if that tree is missing, and I do agree it is a little distracting, at least where it’s placed right now… It’s in no way meant to be the focus of the painting, I’m sure, and you have an artistic license to carry a brush and make the changes you deem necessary! :D

I also miss something colorful at the birdhouse, since I follow his gaze. It’s not a type of thing that would attract a hummingbird, they would have been down in the flowers, I’d go for a cardinal or bluebird. (Can you tell I’m an official Backyard Bird Counter? :lol: )

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                                  • The topic ‘Needing as title please… old guy watching birds’ is closed to new replies.