Home Forums Explore Media Pastels Soft Pastel Studio and Gallery Self-Portrait of Me Painting Myself

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mmm_Pasta

I really love doing self-portraits. I already have ideas for ones to do in the future haha. This is on 18″x24″ sanded paper and is my largest painting I’ve done. I was influenced by one of Alberto Giacometti’s self-portraits.

water girl

This is such a fun self-portrait to view. Again, your palette is working very nicely. Keep going.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Karen, IAPS/MC, PSA WC Moderator-Pastels

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines

Donna T

I agree: that palette is working for you! The setting, including the blacked-out window, adds a lot of interest and elevates it above an ordinary pose. Great piece and I’m sure it makes an impact with its generous size!

Donna
                C&C Always Welcome

Humburger

I love it. Very interesting and engaging.

Ginny
                    www.virginiacmccoy.com
                    C & C Welcome

Mmm_Pasta

Thanks water girl, Donna T, and Humburger. I really like the community here and glad that I’ve been participating more recently. :)

Love it!!

Annette Bárcenas O.
                        Instagram: @annettebarcenasdemadrid
                        www.abarcenas.com
                        "I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way... things I had no words for". - G. O'Keeffe

Mamalynn

How interesting. Great palette and what fun seeing a painting of the painting.

Dea

Nicely done, I love the colour and the light in this
                                Deanna

Deanna Field

"You can own the Earth and still, all you own is earth untill, you can paint with all the colours of the wind." Disney's Pocohontas.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.