Home Forums The Town Center Welcome Forum! Moving – how to dispose of old paintings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    eillom

I’m moving to a much smaller studio. I often reuse my old canvases, painting over, loving the outcome. But I have to get rid of many. Prefer to donate – what types of places do you approach? If I can’t donate them what’s the best way to destroy them? Thanks!

Greggo

donate them to a Goodwill-type store… many of us “starving artist’ types buy up old paintings for re-use, and for the frames.

Welcome to WC!

Lots of fine folks here, you will meet many of them as you browse about. Sharing, learning and teaching others is the best way to fan the creative flames.

We are always glad to see new members, hope you have time to explore all the different Forums. There are all levels of artists creating, in virtually all mediums.

There are many free tutorials available, and the friendly folks here will try to help you with any questions.

Be sure to review the guidelines for commercial uses.

Be sure to check out the Photography Forums, too. No camera is required! Many of us just like to look at phots. There are some very talented folks there.

Looking forward to seeing your art.
            Looking forward getting to know you!

Life is good!
            Very good indeed.

Greggo

PS: the custom avatar selection is out of service: please read this>>
            https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show…57&postcount=4

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/110200-Tatrabanner.jpg [FONT=Times New Roman] Click here for>> WC FAQS >

Hi, nice to meet you.

I agree Goodwill or the Sally Ann (Salvation Army) are both great for their communities and many people (myself included) enjoy buying art from them.

If you can’t donate, why not ask a local school or senior center or such if they would like them and offer to gesso them over for reuse.

You could also ask for ideas in the Cafe Guerbois or in one of the many other forums here.

Be sure to read the Member FAQ’s and enjoy the site!

Welcome to WetCanvas!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
            Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

Jon

Welcome!
                It is a pleasure to meet you.
                Other than the two charities mentioned it would depend on where you live. Is there an art center which might benefit from used canvas to teach beginners?

You will find links to helpful information in the signature lines of our Moderators and Guides to assist you with the fundamentals of the site

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.