WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Mixed Media, Encaustics, Collage and Alternative Materials
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-06-2019, 11:11 AM
Birmingham, Alabama USA

Hails from United States
Suggestions please re glass

I have about 500 glass discs that commemorate my husband’s time away from the family in days. We moved them from one jar to another to help the kids see how far we had come and how many days to go. He’s home now and I want to use these discs on canvas with acrylic paint but can’t seem to come up with an idea. I am a step above beginner and can do simple landscapes and I love color and abstract, free-flowing work.
I would like to do this as a tryptich on either 16x16” squares or 12x36” rectangles. Would any of you have any suggested layouts/ideas to get my brain going? I’m also open to another medium as long as I can use these discs. You guys are so creative and have helped me with my painting so much. I’m just stuck on this one- too personal I guess!! I've attached photos of the discs. The white stones represent weeks and I am happy to use them or not! Thank you for any suggested paths!!
Attached Images

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2019, 09:29 AM
WC! Guide
Loony Toonsville

Hails from United States
Re: Suggestions please re glass

What an awesome project this is going to be, no matter what subject matter you choose. Just my thoughts, because I mostly only do abstract stuff...I would probably try to work out some sort of graphic representation of the passage of time leading up to him being home. Like maybe fewer in the first panel, more in the second, most in the third. Dunno...really, it's so personal. If your husband was away in the service, thank you to both him and to you and your family for your sacrifices.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2019, 04:41 PM

I'm blank... sorry. I have no idea about what you could make, but I really like what the project will represent.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-16-2019, 10:01 PM

Don’t know if you’ve already done this project or not, but what about making an hour glass shape using the glass discs on one of them. The white glass disc could be the middle piece representing the “sands of time.” And maybe a sun and moon shape for the other two canvas pieces to represent the days and nights, which is another representation of time.