Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink Calligraphy Oblique Nib Holder

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike L

New to calligraphy so bought inexpensive tools to start. Seems I bought a cheap, rather than inexpensive, oblique nib holder, and it fell apart after first use. The flange pulled out when nib removal was attempted and now the flange is no longer snug and falls out. (Well, the straight nib holder turned out to be cheap, too, but it didn’t fall apart. :lol: )

Any recommendations for an inexpensive oblique nib holder that will last, at least, a couple months of daily use?

Practice religion freely and freedom religiously.

Anonymous

Can you post a picture of the nib holder & handle ? I only ask because the way they adjust this is prone to happen & fitting the handle back on securely is merely a matter of adjustment on any half decent model.
            Mike

Mike L

Can you post a picture of the nib holder & handle ? I only ask because the way they adjust this is prone to happen & fitting the handle back on securely is merely a matter of adjustment on any half decent model.
                Mike

Sorry, no photos – already shipped back to Amazon. Regretfully, based on how long it lasted it wasn’t even half decent. It was under $10.00 and refund already received. Just my opinion, but it was worth, maybe, $ .99.

I tried finding something suitable as a wedge, but no luck, so back it went.

Here’s a link to what I went ahead and bought to replace it for now. The listing shows two oblique pens. The plastic one is what I sent back and the wooden one is the one that arrives tomorrow. I’m going to study it more closely and then try to make a couple in my shop.

Practice religion freely and freedom religiously.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.