WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2019, 10:46 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States
Re: *** Daily Wash Sunday 16th June 2019 ***

Quote:
Sylvia, Ted enjoys a good meal of lamb also. But the Kids don't.

Bet they would if they ever tasted some of the Turkish recipes I have and use, like the one we are having today.

Love that enclosed garden, but it still wouldn't keep our squirrels out unless they put a cover on it.

I hope Ted feels better today and can enjoy your Dad's Day celebrations.

Bill, Our garden lettuce is also being enjoyed and the chard is growing nicely. There are a couple tomatoes on our Early Girl plants. Our garlic is HUGE! I hope the bulbs are growing as well as the stems are. I'll be disappointed if I dig them up later this summer to see all their energy went into growing the tops above ground.

Doug, Your flower garden looks beautiful no matter what season it is.

Nancy, Your wedding cake miniature is gorgeous. You are so creative!

to all again,

SYL,

Sylvia
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2019, 10:49 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

That's a great raised bed area Char. I assume there is netting over the top.

Well, rock buns cooked, mixed two date loaves with the help of Ruth supervising and chopping the dates.

Doug
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2019, 11:05 AM
Enthusiast
Cobble Hill, BC

Hails from Canada

Good morning all, and Happy Fathers' Day to all you fathers. I took SIL for fish and chips for dinner yesterday - new owners at one of our favourite spots, but they are the previous cook and helper, so food still very good. DD and DGD are camping at Rathtrevor (you'll know where that is, Lynn), and are due back later today.

Your GGD is so gorgeous Lynn!

Saw a 2 point buck yesterday, still in velvet, so he may have more points, then a doe with an older fawn near the pond as we went for our morning coffee. The deer have eaten 2 of the 3 waterlily leaves that finally surfaced, I guess it is too close to shore, so SIL put a wire cage over it.

We tried to go to our favourite garden shop yesterday, but people were parking on the roadway (they have a LARGE) parking lot, so we just came home and will try again during the week. Betty
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2019, 11:54 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

May have lamb tonight myself when w go to The Crosby....

Rain continues, zero gardening but managed a crossword puzzle or two.

geoff
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2019, 12:18 PM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Love the garden, Doug!

Lamb would be nice Geoff. I have Swedish meatballs waiting for me.

Hope you get your barbeque Char, it's quite nice here. That's quite the construction!

Thanks Betty! Yes, my parents lived not far from there, at Lantzville. Too bad about the lily, hope it survives.

Managed to get another hour of sleep but have no ambition at all for the rest of the day. My book is calling me

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Last edited by LynnM : 06-16-2019 at 12:23 PM.
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2019, 12:43 PM
Immortalized
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

Iím back, and I finally got a few hours of sleep. Thanks for the lovely comments on my little cake. How come when I picture a miniature project in my mind, it turns out exactly the same. However, when I would picture a painting in my mind, it would go sideways? I guess I was meant to work in 3D.

Lynn, Your GGD is so cute!

Doug, Your garden is beautiful.

Geoff, Have a wonderful dinner at the pub!

Bill, That artistís modeling paste looks just like frosting when it dries.

It will be a while before I ever eat pork again. But it was so good. Have a wonderful day!
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2019, 02:26 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

Hi all,

Wellllllll, been an interesting couple of days. Friday finally went to the mall at World Trade Center to buy my iPad. I thought of putting it off until the fall, but it really is so old I need to get the stuff off it before it fails. As it is I can't just plug the old one into the new one because the OS is too old. Will have to back it up and manually transfer.

Trip wasn't too bad. That PATH station has lots of elevators and escalators. Even so, I took the steps to the main floor instead of walking to the elevator or escalator, because the Apple store is on the opposite side, so would have had to walk twice as far.

Saturday was my bone density test. Got there at 2 for my 2:30 appt. as requested. Had forgotten my prescription. She asked if I could make it back by 2:30pm. I didn't think so. Asked if 3 would be okay. Right. Drove all the way home, upstairs, down again, drive back, park again, and walk over. Arrived at 2:39. Luckily there was no traffic to speak of. Maybe everyone went to the beach?

Test took less than ten minutes. First time the walk felt pretty good. Second time, not so much. Waited for someone to pull out so I could park out front. Just couldn't bear the thought of another walk from the parking garage.

Kinda sore today. Hmmmmm. Wonder why?

Happy Father's Day!

Amazing cake Nancy. I never do ribs because I just think they are to much effort to eat for too little meat. I'd rather throw barbeque sauce over pork chops.

Doug your garden looks wonderful.

Lynn what a cutie.

Char that's an amazing raised garden. On the milk thistle -- please, please check with your doctor or on the internet beforehand. Herbs can absolutely interfere with prescription drugs. I take quercitin and nettle leaves for migraine, both of which can cause blood thinning. I had to stop taking those two weeks before my surgery along with everything else. Herbal remedies are not benign things. After all aspirin was developed from willow bark.

Ellen sonds like you got a great deal on that chair.

Darla sorry about the leaking in your basement. ((((Jen))))

Kay
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2019, 02:52 PM
Veteran Member

Hi all-

Barely morning still. We have another marine layer in place, but it will warm to near 80ish by end of day. I am enjoying the cool start to the day with some strawberry jam making (so, beginning the house warm up myself). I had a (city) friend ask me "isn't it HOT making jam in summer?" Well....duh. Yes it is. But that's when the fruit is ready ;-) I always imagine what a grueling chore it was for women not long ago to be canning all day, because they HAD to.

Strawberry is my mom's favorite so I make it. It's pretty much my least favorite to make - more prep than other berries, and I just hate the foaming (even though yes, I DO add a little butter margarine to control it). It's just persnickety!

I have a father's day call to make to my stepdad later in the day. Some stuff to do around the house, and then I will treat myself for a drive to Rainier later. Last night I drove toward the park (Mt. Rainier National Park) - there is a spot about 10 miles from here with nice big spots to sit next to the river. Nobody else was there and it was wonderful - times like that make me so happy being able to live this close to Mother Nature. Since I already know that will change in about 10 years, I think I am always conscious of how wonderful it is and try to fill my soul with it while I can.

Oh Nancy - your wedding cake is amazing! I would be so sad if baby back ribs upset my system like that. They are a rare treat, but I sure love them.

Doug, your garden is getting quite lush! What a great thing to sit out there and have so many bright flowers to paint!

I love that keyhole raised garden style! According to one of my gardening magazines, that is a very common home garden style in Africa - I don't know if that's true.

Kay, isn't your iPad (even if old) backing up to iCloud? Even if not, if you can go to an Apple store, they should be able to transfer all your files for you when you buy the new iPad so that you don't have to mess with that. I had an old iPad and that went smoothly. But boy, when I traded in my FIRST generation Samsung S smartphone for a gen 6, THAT was a royal PITA - but the folks at the T-Mobile store did all the work for me (thank goodness!).

Happy Father's Day to the dad's and a good Sunday/Monday to all. I better get cracking with the jam. I always start the season feeling very ambitious about all the things I will can but the heat eventually wears me out. Good to take advantage of days like this!
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2019, 03:35 PM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Double Barnsley Lamb Chops...excellent.

Geoff
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2019, 03:45 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Doug
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2019, 05:53 PM
WC! Guide
Michigan

Hails from United States

Yet another dull, wet day. If it doesn't stop raining so much no one will have veggie gardens here; and everyone will have wet basements. Larry and Justin have been working down there all day. It isn't as bad as he thought but he thinks it is coming from the window wells. We need new basement windows and we will get someone to come and give us an estimate for the work. It's always something. My kitchen will once again be on hold I imagine.

Larry heard from Kelsea and Kaitlyn today wishing him a Happy Father's Day. We heard nothing from Jen so far. Josh will call later I'm sure.

The pork loin has been roasting in the oven for hours and I just need to peel my potatoes now and start dinner. We are eating late because we had brunch today around noon and we wouldn't have been hungry earlier.

I made Cream Cheese Brownies for dessert. I need to make my fresh green salad yet. We all have tomorrow off so we won't have to worry about getting to bed too late tonight. We might watch a movie later.

We don't have much planned for tomorrow but we do need a few things at the grocery store and we need to get our house cleaning done so that is probably what we will do. It's supposed to rain all this week again.

I hope you all have a great day and HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all you wonderful Fathers.

Darla
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2019, 08:36 PM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
I just realized I hadnít posted today. I read the wash earlier but then got distracted. By 9:00 I had planted the 4plants I got yesterday and went to the grocery store. I had to babysit at 10:30 because Max went to a birthday party and my DIL has to be around for that to give his insulin and check his sugars. When he got home he was excited to tell me that his mom had left him by himself (with the rest of the party of course) for an hour. His sugars fluctuate so much he has to be closely monitored. The other two boys loved the lunch I made them.

When I got home we had a late lunch then I cut the grass and pruned a little. I even spent a few minutes in my new chair enjoying the nice weather.

Lulu - that artist is amazing! I want to paint like him when I grow up. I love his subject matter.

Doug - your garden looks great even between seasons.

Kay - enjoy your new iPad. I would like the new iPad Pro. Maybe for Xmas.

Happy fatherís day to our wash fathers.

See you all in the morning.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2019, 10:46 PM
Lord of the Arts
Peterborough, Ontario

Hails from Canada

I have been very busy lately, planting and stuff!

Wanted to wish all of the father's in the wash a happy father's day!

My niece birthday was on father's day and my sister's birthday is tomorrow!

My Mother dies when I was in my 30's and father a few years ago and my husbands family is all deceased!

We celebrated today as Brian is Monet's ( my poodle) PAPA and I am his MOMMA!oma! Brian is also Cody's ( my profoundly deaf son who is 45) Step dad but does not play a big role.

Monet and I made Brian's favourite dinner, Shrimp Cocktail, Lasagna, garden salad and Garlic Bread!

Monet joined in!

I am tired sending presents to my niece and my sister! Planting in the garden, swimming today! I am getting old!!!

Lynn beautiful pics of your Great Grand Daughter!!! She is a beauty!

Have a wonderful day! I am looking forward to swimming tomorrow and a warm epsom salts bath, because I can barley stand up right now!

Pool is at 86, so come on over!!!

http://sharonamer.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Wind Song : 06-16-2019 at 11:19 PM.