Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi you lovely people with a creative mind,

I have redone my website.

C&C is very welcome :clap:

Is it wrong not have prices on the pieces, but only by request ?

Kind Regards,
    Kenneth Lindholm

http://www.kennethlindholm.com

Abstract painter - Taste is something you learn

INSTAGRAM

KENNETHLINDHOLM

La_

how much for the cool stool with leather belt accents?

i think stating prices is a good idea ’cause without them i assume the price is too high to handle – that stool for example, could be $50 at an Ikea store … and $5000+ in a ‘one of a kind specialty art shop’.

people(?) won’t … I won’t spend time phoning for prices, especially with the vastness of the global markets.
        and i won’t e-mail or otherwise contact online business’s for fear of being inundated with offers/spam/notifications/whatever – i’m Very selective.

la

how much for the cool stool with leather belt accents?

i think stating prices is a good idea ’cause without them i assume the price is too high to handle – that stool for example, could be $50 at an Ikea store … and $5000+ in a ‘one of a kind specialty art shop’.

people(?) won’t … I won’t spend time phoning for prices, especially with the vastness of the global markets.
        and i won’t e-mail or otherwise contact online business’s for fear of being inundated with offers/spam/notifications/whatever – i’m Very selective.

la

Hi LA,

My website is not a webshop, is like a site for what I do, and it will keep growing until I close my eyes forever :)

The designs, are protoypes and not for sale (yet) I have to find a furniture manufacturer who will produce and sell them :clap:

The paintings is for sale, but I really think it´s hard to set the price.

/Kenneth

INSTAGRAM

KENNETHLINDHOLM

La_

pricing IS hard
            and highly varied – by artist, location, ego, pride, emotional attachment, exposure, market, gallery commissions, agent fees, show fees, reputation, sales histories … and buyers.
            et al et al

it’s definitely a good idea to tour local art shops, galleries, moving displays and art markets to get a feel for what sells for what, and where.

la

pricing IS hard
            and highly varied – by artist, location, ego, pride, emotional attachment, exposure, market, gallery commissions, agent fees, show fees, reputation, sales histories … and buyers.
            et al et al

it’s definitely a good idea to tour local art shops, galleries, moving displays and art markets to get a feel for what sells for what, and where.

la

It is very hard… I think I have to sell my art for less money than I really want in the beginning, and when/if I get a good reputation, and many buyers want my pieces, then the price can go up :)

Yeah I have to tour locally, so my art can be shown… It´s all brand new, so there is much work to do :crossfingers: :clap:

The stool with leather seat should cost around 800-900$ … I hope someday Design Within Reach in the US will show and sell the stool :clap:

INSTAGRAM

KENNETHLINDHOLM

I have a website where I post my art and when someone likes a piece there is a note to contact me via emails for details.

Debbie
            C&C welcomed and appreciated...

Harold Roth

Can you imagine going to any brick-and-mortar store and not seeing any prices on anything? If you want to sell, put prices on. If not, say “Not for sale.”

bongo

=La_ … I won’t spend time phoning for prices, especially with the vastness of the global markets.

Not putting a price, waiting for someone to call you – cuts out imo 99.5% of potential buyers. if you don’t put a price on a website, then you’ll have to do it over the phone, or email – not a good look if you don’t have a set price ready to give when you answer the phone, or have to wait two weeks to respond to an email while you ponder a price –

For that reason I think it’s unwise to put work up for sale UNTIL you’ve set a price. And if you’ve set a price why not put it on the website?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/18-Sep-2019/1999899-sigsmall.jpg
                    STUDIOBONGO

Hi Guys,

Of course I can follow you, I would not spend a second on a webshop selling whatever without prices.

But I think my site is a little bit different, because I have some unika paintings, that you do not see anywhere else.

Hmm I could maybe put on danish, eur and dollar prices, and then write that freight costs is something we can talk about.

My issue was, that I do large pieces, and they are expensive to handle… But I see what you mean, I will put on a price and then write something about freight to Countries far away (-:

INSTAGRAM

KENNETHLINDHOLM

Okay now I have prices on my website in EUR, DOLLAR and DANISH CROWNES ;-)

Thank you very much for pushing me into pricing :-)

INSTAGRAM

KENNETHLINDHOLM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.