Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    WoodyWelch

Acrylic on poster board at about 18 x 24….

Attalus

Scary stuff, Woody :clear:

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

WoodyWelch

Scary stuff, Woody :clear:

:lol: I’ll take that as a compliment!!! :thumbsup:

Attalus

What? If I had posted something like “a gentle combination of hues redolent of serenity and relaxation,” you would have thought you were losing your touch. :p

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

WoodyWelch

What? If I had posted something like “a gentle combination of hues redolent of serenity and relaxation,” you would have thought you were losing your touch. :p

:lol: Probably….

That is scary.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                        Every painting is a new adventure.

WoodyWelch

Sometimes I find monsters more enjoyable than humans.:evil:

talisman

Wow makes me glad I don’t remember my dreams!
                                Fantastic artwork and a great group of monsters!

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                                C and C always welcome.
                                My DeviantArt Gallery

WoodyWelch

Wow makes me glad I don’t remember my dreams!
                                    Fantastic artwork and a great group of monsters!

Thanks!!! :clap:

I like the soft blue on the woman, it contrasts nicely with the harshness of the other colours and makes gives her a vulnerability that heightens the feeling of danger. The monsters look very reminiscent of the work of Harryhausen, especially the one on the right.

My Deviantart Page: https://www.deviantart.com/crabbit-minger

C&C always appreciated.

See I like monsters, so I saw this and thought what great dreams she’s having.

I like how one of her shoes is missing too.

Great stuff. :)

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                                    Find me on Instagram
                                    Find me on Facebook

WoodyWelch

I like the soft blue on the woman, it contrasts nicely with the harshness of the other colours and makes gives her a vulnerability that heightens the feeling of danger. The monsters look very reminiscent of the work of Harryhausen, especially the one on the right.

The movie that inspired my painting was made by youthful Harryhausen fans ( Dennis Muren and David Allen) and Muren went on to work for George Lucas and created the “Go-Motion” effects process which added blurs to stop motion making the monster animation look a bit more realistic. I worked on several Pillsbury Doughboy commercials with David Allen at Cascade Pictures of California back in the seventies.:cool: :D So monsters are second nature to me….:wave:

WoodyWelch

See I like monsters, so I saw this and thought what great dreams she’s having.

I like how one of her shoes is missing too.

Great stuff. :)

Thanks, Virginia!! I can’t think of why I made this composition other than I wanted to paint the stop motion monsters from the movie EQUINOX in one painting, and having the girl on a couch surrounded by the beasts just seemed natural…I draw and paint mostly from instinct unless I’m doing a portrait or something like that. :D

Boafamily

Nightmares….she shouldn’t have eaten late….nice work Woody

WoodyWelch

Thank you…Personally I love nightmares….you get to experience situations of horror and then you wake up and find, to your relief, it was all a bad dream. Sort of why there are horror movies and roller coaster….you get to suspend dis belief for a few moments and them come out knowing you’re ok. :evil:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.