Home Forums Explore Subjects Miniature Art Monthly MINIATURE Project — May, 2012

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    valchina612

Monthly Miniature Project — May, 2012.

Hi Everyone,

The following are the Images for our Monthly Miniature Project, which will be changed on or near the 1st of every month.

Rules For The Monthly Miniature Project:-

1) Use one or more of the photos.

2) Credit the Photographer of the photo(s) in your first post. They are listed in the first post each month.

3) Drawings may be any size, up to 24 square inches (i.e 6″x4″) — the choice is yours. Use the images for ATCs/ACEOs etc. if you wish.

4) You may use any medium of your own choice.

5) Cropping, combining, adding, subtracting to the work is all allowed.

6) All drawings from these Images must be posted in this Thread — do not start a new one.

7) Create a beautiful little piece of artwork for us all to enjoy, and most of all, have fun.

Val. :wave:

Mountain Bluebird by Dave Slaughter.

Baby Elephant by jerri rose.

St. Hubert’s 3 by PETERH.

Tansies in a Teapot by MandyB.

calla-pink 2 by WthrLady.

Silos III by Trimoon.

Oooo, nice photos! Love those clouds in St. Hubert’s!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
        Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

halthepainter

Val, I’ll try to get one in this month as well.

[FONT=Fixedsys]

tyree

these are wonderful,,,,im going to have to try one of these!!!! tyree:wave:

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

alnkt

I really like the St Hubert’s picture. Can’t wait to give it a try.

SunFace

Awesome pics again! I will do at least one of them!

C & C are always welcome so I can grow as an artist.

My website.

Diane Cutter

Well, every month I plan to play with you all but I get sidetracked. Not this month…

PeterH’s photo really moved me and I came up with this little 3″x5″ scratchboard. Remember you are getting a much bigger photo than the actual size. I got kind of lost in the clouds but decided to just spray the little sucker and get on with my life… ((sigh)) I realize I need to do some cloud studies. I also posted it in the Scratchboard Art forum and expect to get some good crits there (at least I hope I do)…

Diane

halthepainter

Diane, your piece of scratchboard art is delightful.

Cutter:… seems like an appropriate name for a scratch board artist. :wink2: :lol:

[FONT=Fixedsys]

Wow! Diane, that is a beautiful piece. You make me want to try scratchboard.
                                I quite like the clouds, it’s moody and boy does it make the lights stand out.

Find me on Instagram
                                Find me on Facebook

Diane Cutter

Thanks…

Hal… You crack me up. I get that all the time with my woodcuts. I’ve even been asked if it is my real name! I’ll have to tell them it’s my ‘nom d’blade’… :lol:

Virginia… Thanks for the cloud comments. I struggled with them because they don’t look like the reference photo but I did want that stormy look…

Diane

I couldn’t resist, St. Hubert’s 3 by PETERH. This is acrylic, 3×6.
                                    I may do some more to the building. I’m not completely happy with it

Find me on Instagram
                                    Find me on Facebook

Diane Cutter

Oh, I like it very much, Virginia. It’s very successful! Funny how we both gravitated to the same photo inspiration. I also love what we chose to include or omit, making them so different.

Diane

valchina612

Diane — I love your Scratchboard scene — I love everything about it, and the moody sky looks great. :clap: :clap:

Virginia — Your Scene is gorgeous and I love the colours you have used. I love the little Church as it is. Well done all round. :clap: :clap:

Val. :wave:

artastic

oh boy, I have not ever played here before, I saw your tiny acrylic on your blog virginia and had to pop over for a look, I love it, do you start with a black BG?
                                                dianne you scratchboard is a beauty!
                                                I am going to join the fun, as I love doing miniatures! I have painted the bluebird before, but can do a tiny one again

C&C always welcome -Bonnie-
                                                http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Jan-2017/104250-banner.jpg

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting now.

Thanks ladies. :)
                                                Bonnie, Yup, I started with a black background,
                                                I think I’ll do a WIP, a lot of people ask me about the black.

Find me on Instagram
                                                Find me on Facebook

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.