Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Watercolor Studio Been sick since last Wed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    oats

Started feeling a little better yesterday and today. Still have this darn dry cough

Kaylen please rip me apart on this I have to deliver soon and my head is a fog

Jim
        C&C Welcome

Kaylen

I am having some personal ordeals this week myself and I hope for both of us to be back on track soon,,,my eye was drawn all the way to the left,because that is the lightest light and the darkest dark,then my eye quickly scanned and then was drawn back to the dog on the left and its noticeable that it has less detail in the chest area than the others

Kaylen Savoie
            https://www.savoieartist.com/
            At least twice a year,paint something better than you ever painted before.

jcadams

In my opinion, I agree with Kaylen but would add the center dog has a plant growing out of his head. I would put the dark brown that is on the fence behind the center head too. That way there is a break between the top of the head and the plant. All the dogs have wonderful expressions. Good job on the faces!

oats

Better?

Jim
                    C&C Welcome

Kaylen

sign it,,,I think this version is really improved,,,darkening that area between them and behind them was a good idea, it really separates them well from the background

Kaylen Savoie
                        https://www.savoieartist.com/
                        At least twice a year,paint something better than you ever painted before.

oats

👍 thanks guys!

Jim
                            C&C Welcome

BlissC

Just a minor thing, but my eye was drawn to the centre dog, as he almost seems to be winking. There’s just something about his right eye (on the left as we’re looking at him) that makes that eye look smaller/partly closed in comparison to his other eye. I think maybe he’s missing just a tiny bit of shadow/dark lower eyelid.

They’re just lovely though. I hope you’re feeling better soon.

Rachel
                                C & C welcome!

"Living on the edge...trying to not fall off - and painting outside the lines!"
                              Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.