Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Daily Wednesday 13 November 2019

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    damar

Greeting to Everyone!
        I don’t have anything new; this is from Monday’s hike.

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
        Photos are ©2021
        Greenhill

You sure have an eye for a good photo, Patty. I love the burnished copper coloured leaves, almost metallic.

MY FLICKR
            OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
            The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Anonymous

Nice, Damar. The rusty orange with the greens and that inviting footbridge make this photo very pleasing.

Hi Mark and any others who visit later.

I was trying for a photo suitable for the “Patterns in Nature” challenge. Didn’t quite succeed, but here’s one crop & treatment I’m satisfied with…

[Nikon D7500 + Nikkor 18-300mm shot @ 300mm, manual mode, 1/800 sec, f/6.3,
                ISO 320, ACR and PSCS with Nik Silver Efex plugin]

damar

Thanks Mark and Dave!
                    I think this is the brightest fall color we’ve had
                    in a few years, with the season running later than normal.
                    It is so great to have a change of weather and season.

Well Dave, I like your botanical abstract!
                    Graceful curves and pleasant light and contrast.
                    The B&W works well.

Fujifilm X100F

Photos are ©2021
                    chaffee

Hi folks!
                        Great colors in that hike photo, Patty, and that beastie Chevy is mean looking.
                        Really like that abstract, Dave, it all works well….been meaning to ask you about your Jamie Oliver recipe book,…any gems in there? I know not everybody cares for him (hey Mark :wave: ), but I like watching his show for ideas.
                        Having a crisp cold snap up here, wind chill forecast at zero for the day but I really need to get out and do a final leaf roundup. I’ve filled my normal annual 30 bags but there are STILL LEAVES OUT THERE!
                        Here’s one I shot before he got so much company,…afternoon…

Tim

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt" William Shakespeare

damar

Thanks Tim…yep, cold and windy here too, but the sun is out.
                            Your curled up oak leaf and acorns have a nice touch of sunlight!

Photos are ©2021
                            Anonymous

Thanks Damar. That is a brute of a Chevy.

Thank you, Tim. Nice shot of the leaf & acorns. About Jamie Oliver’s book: “Gems?” Maybe that’s stretching it, but I have made several good meals by combining parts (ingredients & procedures) from several of the book’s recipes. I try to catch his TV show (on PBS here) when I can, and have found different recipes there that appealed to me more. In general, I really like his approach of 5 ingredients and quick preparation. The only problems I’ve had is with the differences in culinary terms (for example, what is “caster sugar?”), and the difference in availability of some ingredients in his country and mine. I can handle converting from metric system units to the outdated system we use here in the US.

Good afternoon all.
                                And good to see so many and so many great images.
                                You set the bar high, Patty, and thanks for starting the daily.

Tim, 30 bags. Oh my. I am afraid that we didn’t get enough time to pick up all the leaves before this record breaking snowfall we had two days ago since many of the trees are still on the trees! I am so glad that I got out there yesterday to take photographs of the “virgin” snow, it looks messy and dirty out there now. Your leaf looks lit by a setting sun that you probably captured after filling that 30th bag.

Dave,
                                Nice abstract and totally unidentifiable. Works well in B&W. You took advantage of creative light, negative space and deep shadows.

Patty, That Chevy truck is a real monster but I am most attracted to your crimson composition. That is a mighty fine image and the one I chose to piggy back on.

Hi Ya, Mark.

LORELL

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                                Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Humburger

Patty, that first photo is a stunner! I love it! I can’t resist trying to get photos like that, too. :) That truck looks like a cartoon. LOL!

Hi, Mark. :wave:

Dave, very nifty crop.

Tim, lovely leaf and acorns. It is good when we can find nifty pictures of tiny little insignificant subjects.

Lorell, beautiful shot. Gives me a feel almost like the proverbial bundt cake. :lol: Actually, I have one that is similar, but not as polished as yours. My eye was caught by those pink leaves.

This one is a daylily seed pod. I keep meaning to catch some of the seeds and plant them and see what happens, but I never get to them in time. LOL!

Ginny
                                    www.virginiacmccoy.com
                                    C & C Welcome

damar

Lorell, that is beautiful!
                                        Look how the color is deepend
                                        in the reflection. Very well composed.

Hi Ginny!
                                        Thanks! That’s an interesting outcropping of tree trunks!
                                        Are you in the mountains or foothills?
                                        Looks like mountains in the background, which are always a nice subject any time of year.
                                        Daylily seed pods. No reason why taking the seeds and scattering them wouldn’t work if the soil is good!
                                        I’ll be on the look out for red maple tree seeds this spring.

Photos are ©2021
                                        Greenhill

Hi Tim, :wave: I hope you use those 30 bags of leaves to mulch your garden!
                                            And yes, I see that you remember my aversion to a certain cuisine!

Lorell, the colour is simply drop dead gorgeous, I can see that it hasn’t taken you long to come to grips with “the new camera” :thumbsup:

Ginny, the pink and the green leaves look nice together, I can see what you saw in this little picture.

Patty, what a brutal looking machine – I bet it bullies every pick up truck that gets in its path!

Dave, I have to pass on that one, I’m speechless!

From last Saturday’s fireworks display that ended the Benalla Festival.

1/8sec, f/2.0, EV-0.7, ISO1600, 8mm fisheye pro. Better had I used a longer exposure, 2 secs’ perhaps.

MY FLICKR
                                            OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
                                            The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

damar

[B]Patty[/B], what a brutal looking machine – I bet it bullies every pick up truck that gets in its path!

I bet it goes to mud bog rally’s and pulls the other trucks out of the mud when they get stuck!

NICE fireworks capture Mark! All over color and flare!
                                                Well done!
                                                I love night photography!

Photos are ©2021
                                                Dreamin

Oh my gosh, Patty….Gorgeous color! I have a shot from Tuesday almost like yours….but our trees are NOT in color, the color comes from the really red sunset after a snowstorm all afternoon…..it made the otherwise dull trees glow with color!! Your truck shot is a hoot. Vintage trucks are the in thing now, you see so many!! This one looks tough!!

Dave, I think you B&W would have been good in the challenge. Nice!

Tim, your leaf shot is very warm and inviting….nice angle!

Lorell, love your shot with the reds and the reflections! Like a painting!

Hi, Ginny! Love your seed pod….they always look like characatures! Nice soft pinks and greens in your woodsy shot!

Wow, Mark…that’s an impressive shot….the fireworks, the background lights/people, the reflections, the lit trees on the right! Very nice!

Natalie

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.