Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Hi, y’all! Here is another centaur painting for my friend Don. This one has an Olympics theme! This is oils on a hardboard panel, 12 x 16″.

This is the sketch for the pose.

This is the full size drawing.

In this one I added in the background.

Here the drawing has been transfered to the panel and I have begun blocking in base layers of paint.

I have more done on this but can’t get the photos to upload, so will add them after I get them resized. More to come! 😆

[FONT="Tahoma"]EquiArt-n-More ... Stylistic Realism in Oils[/I][/B]

ETSY FACEBOOK FAA EPILOGUE [/CENTER][/COLOR]

Nice start.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
    Every painting is a new adventure.

talisman

Nice scene and I really like all the action!
        The javelin throwing Centaur looks great!

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
        C and C always welcome.
        My DeviantArt Gallery

chiron22

Hello Kerry, LavenderFrost & talisman! :wave: Well, we are starting a new commission! :crossfingers: Glad to have you two show up so soon! I see you are following Kerry’s works closely! Thank you! :grouphug: We need people to comment & talk too in the painting process! ;) Kerry is having a good start! More & better ideas & art to come along the way! :thumbsup: The Javelin thrower is my parody character of a Female weight lifter & competitor in the real world. “Reye Hollitt” My character’s name will come later. :confused: “I am happy!” I’ll talk again in the next update! :eek: See you all later! :cat: Sincerely, chiron22–Don Kephart :cool:

Hi, y’all! ☺

Here’s an update. I’ve been laying in several layers on the sky and base of the stadium. There will be an audience in the stadium … just had to get the structure in first. 😆

chiron22

Hi Kerry! The base coloring going around looks fine! The Javelin Thrower’s finely muscled body looks really NICE! :thumbsup: All others in the stadium look good also!:clap: *** I need to talk to you on the phone again Monday before you go on too much! :eek: 2 items. Nothing big. :o I usually do this here & there during a commission. ;) The painting will look very “DYNAMIC” when it is finished! :smug: Talk next time! chiron22–Don Kephart :cool:

Ok I made a few minor changes to the main figure. Just a color change to her top and her hair pulled back into a ponytail as requested by Don. I actually like the yellow top better than the blue and I think the hair looks better too, so thanks for the request Don! ! ☺

I spent too much time working the stadium … and ended up wiping it all off and re-doing it!

This is the first attempt but it was so tedious and didn’t come close to what I was striving for … which is a softer more muted look to the crowds.

This is take two. Mostly done but I’ll touch it up after I dries and add a little bit of detailing to the closest members of the crowd.

And a full scene photo.

:clap: :wave:

chiron22

Hi Kerry! You were right about the 1st stadium crowd! Heads too big. :eek: The second try looks VERY REAL!!! :thumbsup: The yellow color of her top piece looks good but maybe a little too bright!? Your decision. ;) ***I have 2 more requests… I love the Pony tailed orange haired Mermaid from Peter Pans, Mermaid Lagoon! Her Pony tail went down to her shoulder blades. Could you extend the Javelin Throwers hair about that far? Flying in the wind of her Gallop!? Thanks! :angel: *** Do you have plans for the Stadium wall in front/below the fans? Some decoration or architectural style? How about 5 Grecian columns evenly spaced along the wall. With carved wreaths in between the columns. Just Ideas. Again, your decision. :lol: :crossfingers: ALSO… Didn’t you mention that the Greek or Centaur’s world Olympic Flag would have one more ring, or two? 4 on the bottom & 3 on top. Looking kind of like a Centaur. :lol: I’m getting too ahead of you! Sorry! :smug: Anyway, I’ll talk later on! Nice work, Kerry! chiron22–Don Kephart :cool:

talisman

This is looking great!

C and C always welcome.
                        My DeviantArt Gallery

chiron22

Hi Kerry & talisman! A short note: I did not mean Wreaths on the stadium wall but Olive Leaf Crowns like a U between the columns. Tapestries or ribbons decorating the wall could be added also! Among other things like torches etc. :confused: That is all. I’ll say good night Gracie! TaTa! chiron22 :cool:

Hi! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving day! Don I did have a plan for the wall … a frieze! I added some columns as you suggested, though and I will adjust the Olympic logo and the centaurs ponytail!

Sorry I haven’t gotten much done on this … :eek: (where did last month go!!) Hope to get this done soon now.

This is work on the wall And a start on the track and runners.

Close up of the frieze

:clap: :wave:

chiron22

Hi Kerry! Go slow, Go Sure! :smug: The Wall below the Stadium looks just fine! :thumbsup: With the centaur reliefs showing many other Sporting events, it helps the looker on what they may see in the coming days! VERY GOOD! :heart: :grouphug: Till next time, Every one have a great Holiday Season! :clap: Sincerely, chiron22–Don Kephart :cool:

That frieze is incredible! Reminds me of a wall from the 1800’s near the house I grew up in.

This is looking amazing!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                                Find me on Instagram
                                Find me on Facebook

I don’t know where November went either. But you can’t rush work like this.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                                Every painting is a new adventure.

talisman

I really like the wall, so pretty and the details are great!

C and C always welcome.
                                    My DeviantArt Gallery

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.