Home Forums Explore Media Fiber Arts Stitch in Time October 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Debby

October is upon us. Fall is definitely here. Had our first snow storm last weekend. :eek: The silly season is about to start.

I’m busy making critters and looking forward to many afternoons of tea and wood stove while I do so.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying themselves with art.

Debby
        Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Lena

I made it to my daughter’s in nova Scotia. I am relaxing and recovering.
            The hydra socks were loved by my sil.
            My daughter loved the hood . I wasn’t sure if she would like the almost camouflage coloring but she loved it. It also loved good on her. Luc really like the blue hood. He said it would be good to wear between fights when it was cold or when he was teaching or refereeing combat.

Doll Art by Lena

Debby

Lena, glad your travels were safe and all presents were appreciated. Enjoy your visit with family.

Still working critters. (Obviously I’ve got a dozen of them to make.) Unfortunately, I just got over a tummy bug and along came a respiratory bug. I can’t talk right now. Lots and lots of hot tea in my future.

Debby
                Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Hi ladies!

We had 90 on Monday and yesterday we turned the heat on!

My friend’s daughter is working at Lake Louise, Alberta. She’s visiting right now and in all her photos she’s wearing a toque and jacket!

I love Nova Scotia, my niece and nephew live in Halifax. We went and visited a fossil beach on the Bay of Fundy, the last time we were up there. It was gorgeous. Enjoy your time there.

Debby, I hope you’re feeling better. That sounds awful! Take care of yourself.

I made a bunch of Frisbees out of yarn, they can be used for kids or for dogs. My son plays Frisbee golf, which is a big thing here so he has them, I forgot to take photos though. I’m going to make a bunch more, it’s a very easy pattern, essentially a flat circle, 7 or 8 inches wide with decreased rows at the edge to make a turned under lip. They fly surprisingly well and they use up all my bits. I’m going to make a bunch more.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                Find me on Instagram
                Find me on Facebook

Debby

Virginia, we need pictures of yarn frisbees. I would think the fibers wouldn’t be aerodynamic enough. Obviously it works if you are making them.

Still not doing well. More tea and more rest. It’s DH’s fault. Good thing I don’t have to go to a job.

Debby
                    Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Lena

I am having a good time here. I have a fancy car , I booked a compact but they didn’t have any so I got something bigger. It has so many bells and whistles they had show me how to start it. It is sort of brown coloured, my son in law says it is the colour of dried blood.
                        My daughter and I went to the fabric store after brunch with family.

I hope you feel healthy soon, debbie.

Doll Art by Lena

Oh dear, I hope you have lots of tea! Which reminds me I need to make a new tea cosy before the cold comes.

Lena, that sounds fun! My car is a push button start, I’m used to it but when I occasionally drive my husbands truck, it throws me off having to use a key. His car has the computer gps map thing int he console which I find pretty useful.

It’s funny, I didn’t think the frisbees would fly either but they fly surprisingly well!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                        Find me on Instagram
                        Find me on Facebook

Lena

I found the frisbees on ravelry. They are now on the list with the water balloons to knit for the grandson.

They had the right kind of yarn at the fabric store. So we will have to go back there.

If I can get creative with those they can also be gifts for the SIL and his buddies to have silly fun with at events.

Doll Art by Lena

Debby

Thank you both for your kind wishes. Yes, I have lots of tea. I buy the brand I like by the case so as to never run out. :lol:

I’ve really got to see these frisbees.

Debby
                                Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Lena

My daughter had some of my favourite tea left from last year. Umm tea does not age like wine….. it was weird and off . I bought new tea this morning.

When I get home I will toss all the teas I saved when my sister and older daughter left.

I spent the afternoon with a bunch of people playing D&D . It was strange. I got quite a bit of knitting done while being entertained by “a swarm of centipedes attack you, how are you going to defend yourself? ”
                                    “7? You missed , you take xxx damage “

Doll Art by Lena

Debby

Lena, tea definitely has an expiration date. I drink tea, not coffee, so am going thru enough that buying in bulk is an advantage. Had to laugh at your D&D experience. I can relate. I often brought hand work to do when I was a player. Tho’ when I was the game master, I didn’t have the luxury of leisure time.

This stupid virus is finally letting go some. I actually slept thru the night without coughing. Woke up with my normal voice and no rattle in my chest. I’m still not over it, but am definitely better. Now to not over do since I’m feeling better.

Debby
                                        Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Lena

I am glad you are feeling better debbie.

Nova Scotia is lovely. I plan this week to do some walking and exploring. Not today because it is raining of course. The trees are starting to change. They are a bit late but that is good for me. I need to get some groceries today and some other odds and ends. And more yarn.

Doll Art by Lena

Debby

Lena, groceries and yarn. The only thing missing is fabric and thread. :lol: Glad you get to see the autumn colors.

I managed not to over expend what little energy I had. So, I’m continuing to improve, without getting worse again. That being said, I’ve still not picked up a needle all week. I really want to get back to that.

Debby
                                                Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Lena

I got groceries and the fabric store I found had 3 aisles of yarn. Not great stuff mind you but it was usable. I came home with a shopping bag full because they had bags with “unknown fibres” on sale.
                                                    I have made an ear band for my daughter because she wears her hair in a ponytail for work and it makes hats look silly, she says.

Today I went to a local park to take pictures of the leaves changing. I thought it would be nice and quiet but every senior and their dog and everyone on parental leave with baby and dog was at the Shubie canal park. It was still nice. Lots of pretty views, ducks, squirrels and other things. A cormorant was perched on a rock drying itself. I walked for 2 hours.

Doll Art by Lena

Debby

Lena, yay on yarn hauls. Did you get pictures in spite of people and dogs? It must have been ok in spite of the popularity if you walked for a couple of hours.

Yesterday we had snow. Got about 3 inches. Not much, but a little earlier than usual. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be sunny and it’s already mostly melted off. I’ve begun working a bit on the critters again. Got a notification that all 3 dragons I had at the gallery have sold. They still have several critters, just no dragons at the moment. I’ve sent an e-mail to see if they want more dragons.

Debby
                                                        Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.