Home Forums Explore Subjects Marine Art Florida_Keys_Sunset_Sail

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    katz

Hi,

Would love C & C on this.
        I used a photo that a friend took of this scene.
        It is 20″ x 16″ acrylic on canvas.
        I have been painting with oils, and switched to acrylics for this painting.
        I don’t like that acrylics dry darker and faster, caused me some stress.
        Lately I can’t tell if my paintings are decent, as I am not satisfied with the end result. They don’t seem to have a wow factor.
        I will post the photo image and the painting.
        Please critique, I can take it.
        I did make the clouds larger to make the sky more interesting than the photo.
        Maybe I should grey down the water and soften the cloud colors? Add a purple grey to the large cloud?

Thanks,
        Gay

Nice work, the picture looks dark on my monitor, is this better?

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

tmwilliams

Your brush strokes strike me as impressionist – was that intentional?

Thomas

sea dangler

Nice work,I also think that it is impressionistic,if not a tip would be that the wavelets always get smaller as you progress into the distance..
                Dave

katz

Thomas, just painting the way that I have been painting.
                    Thanks Doug,
                    My painting has darker blue greys in the sky it as shown in the original image.
                    The sun is starting to set. Although the water is a bit lighter as you show in the image that you changed,
                    Dave, thanks, I guess I’m just painting in my style, that’s all I can say about it.
                    I wanted it to look more realistic as that was what I was going for. I will go over the water in the foreground and make the wavelets larger. I will also see if I can get a better photo of the painting when I have made changes.
                    Thanks for your input.
                    Gay

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.