Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk ** Daily Wash Sunday 15th July 2018**

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    shipbroker

Well tired out still.thèse light nights give birds reasons to start at 0300.

Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Good morning Geoff, I don’t hear the birds through our double glazing.

Another clear sky, another day ahead.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Minerva C

Good morning.
            Yes here they chirp all night long some nights. But these past two summers have been more quiet here. Perhaps these dry summers causes a lack of insects and not enough food to feed new birds.

Today I will go out sketching with my sketch group on the country side.

C

"It is only when we are no longer fearful that we begin to create."
            J.M.W. Turner

rossmarie

Morning Geoff Doug Minerva and all those still snoozing.

The one and possibly only advantage of being deaf is that, without my hearing aids in at night, I cannot hear the birds twittering away. Light is more of a problem to sleeping.

Tried to mount a painting yesterday; complete disaster. My shaky hands and lack of strength in the fingers resulted in some very rough cut bevelled edges so I shall have to get mounts done professionally in future. Pity – extra cost when you are trying to sell a painting.

Mike

Hi Minerva, hi Mike. I just realised I don’t have my hearing aids in either at night. :rolleyes:

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

shadye1

Around at 4:00am today Cat loved it, interesting that during the thunderstorm waves of frogs came down the path from the pond taking huge bounds for their size and disappeared into the flower borders.
                    Another hot day coming up, plants watered at the roots.

doppler

Oh dear, all you people of long days. No point being envious, as ours will come.

Seasonal cold clear sky weather today. I chopped down the poinsettias, initially with clippers until my arm screamed at me, then with chainsaw on a stick. I’ll chip most of the prunings and return them to the soil. A few vigorous cuttings will be planted for a vision.

Cats are cool. I’ll say that because we have yet to light the fire.

Annie
                        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                        Steven Wright
                        My Flickr Site

:wave: everyone,
                        I’ve been up since 4:30 after a restless night. I have all the windows open (14 here too Minerva) to get the house as cool as possible. They predict a record high of 33 today with humidex of 38. I’ll be at the art club all afternoon for our open studio where we don’t have air conditioning either. Some friends are coming to learn scarf dyeing.

First it will be gym and watering plants though. A thunderstorm passed over us last evening with not even enough rain to wet the pavement. There was a bolt of lightening right over the house that made the thunder shake the house. The last thing the area needs is lightening without lots of rain. We have extreme fire warnings here.

We are going for supper tonight instead of yesterday. I’ll need the air conditioning to feel like eating after being in the heat all afternoon.

The Robins are chirping away and have been since 4:00 a.m. So nice to listen to their merry song.

I guess I’ll have breakfast and watch the news. Enjoy your day everyone.

www.ellenspalette.com

shipbroker

28C here….40C in conservatory!

Doing as little as possible as already have been into town for bread and milk as Christine coming after church…bringing with her peas,potatoes, gooseberries, redcurrants,raspberries,lettuce and cucumbers, all harvested last night from her garden………we declined the courgettes (zucchini) as unlike you in North America they are not a favoured flavour.

geoff

Good Morning all,
                            It is 6:00 a.m. here in just beginning to get light Oakwood, and, yes, the birds are singing merrily. Another hot day in store for us here too.

Making buttermilk griddle cakes for breakfast this morning. They are pancakes with the addition of a little corn meal to the batter. Very tasty. They’ve become one of Larry’s favorite Sunday morning meals. :D

Then off to the grocery store to pick up fresh fruits and veggies.

Stay as comfortable as you can with the heat (or cold in Annie’s case).

SYL,

Sylvia

Bill

Good day all,

A lovely morning here. Birds singing, cows mooing, rooster crowing. No crows thankfully.

Geoff, have you not grilled courgettes? Sliced in half length-wise, brushed with oil and peppered with spices, it is great. Had that last night. When I get some larges ones, I’ll make a zucchini crust pizza.

Sylvia, pancakes sound good. For a while I’m omitting flour from my diet, but someday I’ll have some again.

Annie, you must have gigantic poinsettias. Do they grow wild on the mountain?

Mike, sorry for your mat misfortune. Isn’t someone there that can help you?

Findland, watch out!
                                Bill

Be kinder than necessary

shipbroker

Bill…yes I have and still don’t like them!

geoff

Uschi

Good Morning!!

No thunderstorms, not one drop of rain and none expected today either. More brilliant sunshine, more heat, more humidity.

I held back with the garden watering for a couple of days thinking it might rain and oh poor flowers, some were in dismal shape when I finally went and watered yesterday evening.

I haven’t given today’s activities any thought yet, nothing exciting anyway if I think of anything I’ll let you know:D

:wave: to all of you here and all yet to come and wish us all a good day!!

Uschi

Good Morning! It’s already 24C and getting hotter. We expect to top out at 30C today. Everything on the ground is cooking and crispy. :( We need to water our gardens and pots every couple of days. They look good but are not thriving as if they’d been rained on.

The Kids came out for a swim yesterday. Their apartment is hot. It’s not air conditioned. They do have a portable in the bedroom. Anyway, they stayed to dinner and then we watched Guardians of The Galaxy afterward. We made pizzas and a fruit salad of fresh summer berries.

Today’s a laundry day. Today’s a swim day. Today’s a Studio day. I never did get downstairs yesterday.

Geoff, Doug and Minerva… you’ve all gone to the birds! :lol:

Mike, what a shame that you couldn’t manage your mat cutter because of the weakness in your hands.

So lucky that your garden soaked up a nice rain, Rod!

Oh my gosh, Annie. I can barely keep potted poinsettias alive when I buy them as Christmas plants. I cannot imagine them as beautiful trees that need to be pruned!

Ellen, I don’t envy your doing a demo today in an un-airconditioned hall. Stay as cool as you possibly can.

Oh my goodness, Geoff… the zucchini would be the first thing I harvested! Well, the other vegetables and fruit too.

When the zucchini get overgrown, I like to hollow out the seeds after cutting them in half lengthwise and then stuff them with the same filling I use in my peppers. That’s just a ground pork/chicken mixture with onions, garlic and rice.

Bill, you made me think of Chatham’s crows who’re not here… I wonder if the heat has forced them to flock elsewhere.

Uschi, congratulations on buying and selling cars. I don’t like to think of the potential distant future. This’ll be my last car; this’ll be my last trip; I’ll never do this that or the other again… but today is our best day and the only one that counts.

I’m enjoying my first cup of coffee with you and I could use a refill. Then, it’s time to fold the first load of clothes out of the drier. Stay as cool or warm as you possibly can and be creative Washer Buds. :grouphug:

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

:wave: Hot again, what’s new! Found an easy photo editing very basic, software, Snapseed, but no way to name the files, strange. But it gives me an 800 px choice for export and thats all I need fron it. This is my test, balcony flowers yesterday morning, hope it is not too big in the page. (Had a look, it is a bit big, will reduce the jpeg percentage next time)

I agree Char, today is the day we are in, do what we can.:)

There were cracks in the soil in my veggie garden when I watered yesterday, Uschi, no wonder the lettuce is rushing to seed.

Pancakes sound good, Sylvia!

Bill, i have an almond/oat flour recipe for pancakes.

Coco Banana pancakes
                                        1 cup rice or oat or millet or almond flour, or a mix of same. I prefer the nut flour, more protein
                                        2 tsp baking powder
                                        1/4 tsp salt
                                        1 ripe banana or 1/2 cup applesauce
                                        3/4 cup coconut milk or other liquid
                                        1 large egg
                                        1tbsp coconut oil
                                        You can add cinnamon, but its not necessary

Mix dry ingredients, add wet, and bake….as the shows say :) I use coconut oil in the pan if needed. I got this from the Trim Down Club website, and there are other recipes there, you do not have to be a member to access them.

Greetings to all, I hope you have a rewarding day!

:heart: :grouphug: :heart:

Cheers, Lynn
                                        www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/lynn-macintyre
                                        "Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.