Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    123harry

Charcoal sketch of a slightly disreputable icon of our times. An attempt at using charcoal (vine and compressed) for a detailed portrait.
        Somewhat overworked and not entirely successful but instructive to do. I’ll try more.

Icon 2

C&C always welcome.
        Instagram harry.hamill

fedetony

Nice work in tones and shades…there is some asymmetry making the face look bit twisted… I think is the shade under the lip…

Federico Garcia
            My Blog
            C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

123harry

Yes, good point Federico. I intend to do a series of drawings to explore the medium and obviously any crits people make will be very welcome.

C&C always welcome.
                Instagram harry.hamill

like this a lot I didn’t think it looked twisted I just thought it added to the smirk on his face, they have just done a concert in my city about 1/4 mile from my house could hear it from my garden

123harry

Cheers, Gordon! I last heard them live in 1964! I’m not a great one for rock gigs…having them perform within a quarter of a mile could be a mixed blessing!

C&C always welcome.
                    Instagram harry.hamill

cher048

Great job, I’m loving this. Id agree with Federico about the adjusting the chin to fix the asymmetry a bit. Also thinking the white areas of his hair that are in shadow area should maybe not be as light? Even though he of course has white hair on both sides of his head if I’m making sense.

C & C Always Welcome.
                        Cher

cher048

Oops, forgot to ask but who is it? Sure I’ll smack my head when you tell me lol.

C & C Always Welcome.
                            Cher

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.