Home Forums Explore Media Oil Pastels Oil Pastel Studio morning sunfog scene – xpost from landscape challenge

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rich A

This is 12×16 inches Senns and mungyos on Arches cold press. Had a lot of fun yesterday with this one and flowed right through it. Practicing on scenes that depict good light, haze, that atmospheric look.

For the sun rays I used mungyo silver grey, pink, a cobalt blue, and light ochre. For the background tree’s, it’s light grey, medium grey and a little olive green.

Also put in some close-ups. Same process I described in the tutorial, I used here.

terriks

Very nice!! I like that detail on the tips of the branches, showing the sunlight. That bit of pink in the sun rays is a lovely touch!

So, you used a soft pastel underpainting, then set it with the Senns fix spray so you can move ahead with Mungyos and Senns?

I have a set of 48 Mungyos, so I don’t have the neat-o silver gray or ice blue. Did those come in the larger set? I might splurge on that, it’s on sale at Jerry’s (though out of stock atm).

Terri

Film photographer with special love for alternative photographic processes - especially ones that get my hands dirty!

Beautiful scene, Rich! Love the moody feel to this painting.

Christel

Rich A

Terri – Thank you! Yep, used the nupastels for the underpainting and set that in with Senns fix and then started in with Mungyos. Senns were top layer. The 72ct mungyos has the Silver grey and ice blue…I also just ordered a bunch of my mungyo greys to re-stock.

Christel – Thank you! Had fun with it….

Mario_K

Awesome. I love it.

My paintings are shown on the following:
                    https://www.instagram.com/mario_knez_artist/
                    https://www.facebook.com/marioknezartist

Rich A

Thank you Mario!

PATFROMSA

Beautiful painting. Such atmosphere. Well done!

Rich A

Hi Pat. Thank you so much!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.